DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:15:18 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Megami Tensei Game (Read 36477 times)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 11:24:24 PM »
Yeah and X-box 360 is also an unlikely console because they are not as "rpg friendly" as Sony. If it comes out on any system it will be the PS3 assuming that the system manages to do better in the console wars later on.

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: September 11, 2007, 06:52:22 AM »
Yeah, the PS3 just need some time, when they began to do the move, maybe it will be the best console around, again like the PS2.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 07:00:09 PM »
For me, the PS2 is still head and shoulders above the rest of the next-gen at the minute. I mean, Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria was JUST released for PS2 these week. I can't wait to play that game.

I hear Blue Dragon is pretty terrible.

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 07:55:17 PM »
I already have Valkyrie Profile 2 and is a cool game, not as good as Valkyrie Profile but it kick some ass!!

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 07:57:45 PM »
I have Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria, and it may not be as good as the first VP, but sure it kick some ass! And more with the story!

Eriko

View Profile WWW Email
Tenel Ka XD
Eriko phones it in,
 « Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 11:01:16 PM »
I love all the ones I've played, but since Revelations: Persona was my first (that sounds funny D:), it's always held an evil little place in my heart. So I'm gonna have to go with that one. ;D

Eriko has 7 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #36 on: September 12, 2007, 06:48:16 AM »
Yeah, Revelations: Persona was a good game, I have play it a little, but the thing that bothers me, is the movement on the map, since you cannot change the angle of the camera the controls for me are confusing (at the begining, I guess you´ll get it later on the game).

Matsudai Hibiki
Echo and Narcissus

View Profile Email
AruKristaller@hotmail.com Setsuzoku
Matsudai Hibiki phones it in,
 « Reply #37 on: September 12, 2007, 12:59:18 PM »
Honestly, the only Megaten games I've ever played are Revelations: The Demon Slayer, and Persona 3. I'm a bit of a n00b to the franchise, since it's so hard to find any of the games for a good price. I may be able to get Devil Summoner and the second Digital Devil Saga, but, unless I pirate, the other ones are far out of my reach.

Matsudai Hibiki has 17 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #38 on: September 12, 2007, 03:17:07 PM »
Since I don´t have any money, most of the Megaten games that I have are in roms or ISOS, because they´re games rare to find and too expensive, and other reason is that I don´t have all the consoles to play them all. But I also like to have this games original, but if I can´t, there are other ways to get them.

Jesus Jones
When I think about you I touch myself

View Profile Email
Jesus Jones phones it in,
 « Reply #39 on: September 13, 2007, 04:45:23 PM »
Nocturne is by far my favorite game in the overarching series.  I think Atlus managed to strike a balance between the difficulty level and non frustrating gameplay that SMT I & II lacked.  

I also really enjoyed P2, P3 and DDS I.  

I never really like the first Persona game.  For some reason everything about it struck me as being archaic.  

I didn't really care for Devil Summoner (ps2) either.    I thought it looked good and that the overall plot and localization was great, but for some reason the gameplay and the different scenarios really turned me off.    

I couldn't get into DDS II either despite all the improvements over the first game.  The whole thing felt sorta rushed and the plot seemed forced in a few aspects (they almost totally forgot about poor Cielo) so that the game could arrive at a ridiculous conclusion.

Jesus Jones has 45 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #40 on: September 14, 2007, 07:11:29 PM »
Yeah, if it's one thing about SMT games I've played that almost always sucks, it's the endings. I hated the Eternal Punishment ending (it's not even the true one - Innocent Sin save file obviously lacking) as it didn't really satisfy, the LC ones I've seen are a bit....underwhelming (I liked the True ending though), Devil Summoner's I can't even remember and Persona 3's was also lacking a tad (it's not the true ending, is it?).

I hated DDS2's ending. How much cheese can you cram into an outro? Bah - for me, it was completely out of place with the games very dark story. It's a shame as the games are so damn tremendous.

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #41 on: September 14, 2007, 08:58:43 PM »
Yeah, I kinda was thinking that when I got to the last Dungeon of Devil Summoner...
It's like an SMT standard to have a lame-ass metaphoric, non existant land for the last Dungeon...*spoiler alert* Like why do you "Time Travel" at the end of Devil Summoner?!?!  It was so ridiculous and the dungeon wasn't even difficult, it was painfully linear and the last boss wasn't too impressive either.. I had Kudan (Cow thing that tells you the city's going to be destroyed) that had Anti-Physical and the power up move and I beat it first try without even breaking a sweat, grr that annoyed me. I wanted a challenge!  Also another thing about that game I did not like was the annoying music with the flute of Rhone... *twitch*

And well..... Digital Devil Saga Series ended.... specially.

traci has 97 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #42 on: September 14, 2007, 09:30:50 PM »
I liked the ending in DDS 2. Yeah it was kind of campy but after the characters went through that much hell I figured that they deserved something a bit better.
(I will not elaborate more then that.)

For its time Revelations Persona was awesome. It was  my first Megaten game so if I never enjoyed it I never would have moved on to other games in the series. However if I went back to playing it today I  admit likely I'd be frustrated with a lot of the game play mechanics and certain snippets of bad dialogue. It had a great story sure, but you had to have patience to get to the climax.

To Lycanthroat: Valkyrie Silmeria is a great game. I have more nostalgic love for the first one BUT Silmeria is worth getting in my opinion.

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #43 on: September 15, 2007, 04:28:56 PM »
I don't know what it was about Silmeria but I didn't like it. It felt too.. artificial for me. I only played the first one on the PSP and it was pretty decent.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #44 on: September 15, 2007, 07:40:44 PM »
Valkyrie Profile Silmeria was not as good as Lenneth, but it has good graphics and good story that envolves you with the first Valkyrie Profile. And what I like of VP Lenneth, was the dialogue and the voice acting.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: