DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:16:43 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: penny arcade persona 3 comic (Read 39197 times)
Jack_frostFTW

View Profile Email
Jack_frostFTW phones it in,
 « on: August 09, 2007, 02:19:21 PM »
Eveyone has probably seen this already but i thought it was awesome

5 days to go till release

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/08/06

Jack_frostFTW has 18 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 07:02:18 PM »
Yeah...uh...kinda funny but i wasnt specting that...I dont like the fact those laught at the persona-summoning system, it has a profund meaning.Well just my opinion...

minotaurus has 43 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 09:25:22 PM »
I don't even think the shoot yourself in the head thing is that odd. In a symbolic sense, it's pretty cool I think.

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:16:12 PM »
It's unique, evokers are necessary because Philemon is AFK or lazy this time around.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 10:30:25 PM »
It's at least slightly more interesting than yelling out "Persona!" in a terrible voice.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 10:54:37 PM »
Quote from: Tony;4299
It's at least slightly more interesting than yelling out "Persona!" in a terrible voice.

That`s one of the things I like the most, of the Persona games. It sound cool to me.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Yamiblade

View Profile Email
Yamiblade phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 10:55:47 PM »
Quote from: Tony;4299

I don't know. They had some good voices for EP.

Yamiblade has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 12:23:08 AM »
It's true MegaTen games get weird so I can't fault Penny Arcade for parodying that aspect. lol. The way it looks "evokers" are not even real guns that actually splatter brains. Maybe when the trigger is pulled they expel magic energy that helps people concentrate of their inner forms more clearly. Or they let out psychadelic acid smoke that makes people trip.

Persona 3 has already been labeled as an "emo rpg". Can't say  if I'm tickled by that diagnosis but I still think it'll be  a great game  + I pre-ordered it.

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 12:42:04 AM »
It's ok, I didn't really laugh that much. An interesting idea, on a touchy subject obviously would get reactions like this. But, anyway, reading anything about Persona makes me want to play it so much more. I don't know what it is about Persona, but I'm really excited about it. About as excited as I got when I saw and ordered Nocturne and DDS. I've never, for quite some time, been this excited about getting games, since I found out about SMT.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 01:42:05 AM »
I got into Shin Megami Tensei by picking up Revelations Persona years ago Neao. Likely it wasn't the best first impression but I enjoyed it because the story telling was so different. I was lucky to get DDS saga 1 and 2 but Nocturne evaded me because it was seen as "contraversial" for awhile after its release. This time I played it smart and ordered Persona  3 online to avoid Game-store politics.

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 02:55:57 AM »
Get Nocturne as soon as you can, if you haven't already. The SMT games I have played (which are a few) have been incredible, so far.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 02:19:59 PM »
I think shooting yourself in the head to summon your Persona, is one of the most interesting and cool facts of the game. And I think this is just pure originality, because I dont have seen this in other games. It`s cool and gives the game a big touch of originality.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 03:44:18 PM »
Well it's obivous the game is not for kids. I think the evoker style symbolic suicide is alot neater then say holding up a card. I just worry something dumb is going to happen and a parent going to scream "Billy did it after playing Persona 3!" That got GTA San Andreas in trouble awhile even though the woman was a guardian that got the game for her child fully knowing it had a "mature" rating. But at the very least I doubt Persona 3 has a hot coffee mod...hmmm...then again it is part dating sim. azn

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 03:50:19 PM »
I've actually played a few games where the main character can commit suicide and they're probably around as successful as Persona 3 will be. Persona 3 simply isn't big enough for these groups to latch on to.

Like explained, the Evoker doesn't do any damage anyway. No bullets or anything.

I don't know if they ever explain it, but as far as I am into it, there's been absolutely no discussion of what makes it work. Definitely just seems like a stylistic choice, but it's one I can see some disapproving of or not liking. That's fair to me.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 04:04:01 PM »
Yeah being the "under-dog" is going to serve to Atlus's benefit this time. Then again I thought Nocturne would slip by the fundy radar and it didn't. Getting Nocturne in my city became the single most epic challenge of  all. Needless to say I couldn't find it but I was  smarter with Persona 3 and pre-ordered.

I see how the symbolic suicide "could" disturb some people especially the light hearted whimsical rp crowd but as you said Tony there's no bullets,blood,or splattered brain matter. lol. king

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: