DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:52:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 Question Thread (Read 44689 times)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 08:21:12 PM »
Either it sucks cause normal mode is easy, or it's good because normal is so hard they had to make an easy mode. Either way, you don't really know it sucks until you've played.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Avalon

View Profile Email
Avalon phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 09:47:32 PM »
No.

It just sucks. Pretty universally accepted that Persona 3 normal mode is quiet a bit easier then Nocturne normal mode (even if it might have it's moments). Hard mode is something a lot of us looked forward to after completing a normal game.

Avalon has 21 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 10:09:49 PM »
Yeah, I want hard mode. Period. It's tradition.

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Error

View Profile Email
Error phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 10:09:49 PM »
it's stupid that hard mode wasnt included in this version. oh well that wont really matter, 'easy' megaten should still pack more challenge than most games from other series.

Error has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 10:38:07 PM »
Even Devil Summoner: Raidou has hard mode.

This is why us not getting Fes is so disappointing. Fes has hard mode, but the normal doesn't. -_-

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 12:38:18 AM »
Whatever, I'm not really that troubled about it. Though Hard Mode was interesting in SMT: N. I never played a SMT game before and just jumped in on hard. Got my ass kicked numerous times.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 08:32:37 AM »
Me too, but is the only way to find the real challenge of the game!

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
zombiepanic

View Profile Email
zombiepanic phones it in,
 « Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 10:32:27 PM »
I'm really interested in knowing about the main characters...are they interesting and likable? Do they interact in a way that is entertaining?

I'm assuming they are, just considering the past Persona titles...

zombiepanic has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 10:38:18 PM »
I think they are. You interact with them on a level that really wasn't necessary in the past games, but I suppose it depends on what you define as a thoroughly interesting character. For example, I can't stand ones I perceive as "whiny", regardless of how deep they might be otherwise...

But I'd say most people will be happy with this. The main characters I've met so far have all became likable very quickly.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
zombiepanic

View Profile Email
zombiepanic phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 10:47:10 PM »
That's good to hear. Thanks for answering :)

zombiepanic has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 11:20:01 AM »
Tony ive got a question please.I have fes but i dont understand how getting arcanas to level up influence the nightlife, or it does on summoning personas? thanks!

minotaurus has 43 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 12:33:58 PM »
This basically explains some aspects of this that might be too detailed for people. I've left it as inexplicit as humanly possible.

[SPOILER]Well, each person you can interact with on a deeper level has a Social Link level. This goes up to 10. Each Social Link is affiliated with a certain Arcana.

Say I level up my Social Link with someone affiliated with the Magician Arcana to level 5. This basically just involves spending time with them and being attentive to them and their needs.

If I went to the Velvet Room and tried to fuse a Magician Arcana Persona there will be a large bit of text on the details screen beforehand. It will, in this case, say "Social Link Level 4!" and list the bonus exeperience points the Persona will get when it is fused.

This bonus is substantial. Even on the earliest levels you can expect the lower end Personae to level up at least once, likely giving them some new moves. By 10 it's pretty significant.

This is the only way you can get new Personae that are above your level, as well. The initial fusion will have to be your level, but it doesn't matter what level they are after this bonus is applied. Let's say you're level 10, so the max demon you can fuse normally is also level 10. But after the bonus, it might be 11 or 12 or whatever. Hopefully that makes sense.

Your Social Link level can also affect other things, such as who you interact with. For example, there are some people who you can't really form a Social Link with until you make another level up first. One guy, for example, has to have his Link up to level 3 (I believe), before this other girl will talk to you (and she's a totally different Arcana affiliation)... to leave it as spoiler free as possible lol.[/SPOILER]

minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #27 on: August 04, 2007, 09:40:40 AM »
Thanks Tony! But i have one more question...(May contain spoilers!)

[SPOILER]When I dont get a certain level of teh commu I also cant summon that arcana personas?[/SPOILER]

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #28 on: August 04, 2007, 10:27:48 AM »
Something else I want to mention about that which I don't quite understand in the game yet.

[SPOILER]
Say you have a Magician Arcana Persona in your group currently and you talk to the person with that Social Link. The game will say something like "You have such and such Persona of the Magician Arcana. You will get along well with this person". The game seems to imply that these links help even your existing Personae, but in which ways I have NO idea. I've not been able to figure it out yet.[/SPOILER]

Quote from: minotaurus;4047
Thanks Tony! But i have one more question...(May contain spoilers!)

[spoiler]When I dont get a certain level of teh commu I also cant summon that arcana personas?[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]When you get a Social Link it's automatically Level 1. If you don't have it, it won't appear on your Social Link list in the status menu. HOWEVER, you can still summon any Persona you are capable of. Doesn't matter what Arcana it is. Social Links just make them stronger.

There are Personae you cannot summon without special items, spreads and so forth, however.[/SPOILER]

minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 08:52:07 PM »
I see! Thanks Tony!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up
  Print