DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:01:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First look at US version artbook, soundtrack, and cover (Read 25907 times)
rafanetz
The Dark Hour Is Coming

View Profile Email
rafanetz phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: July 24, 2007, 07:44:15 PM »
I think 52 pages is pretty little weighed, but if we think about the weight of a ordinary game box, you might be right...
Anyway, it would be nice if the artbook was bigger and thicker.

axeman axeman axeman
. rafanetz .

rafanetz has 16 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: July 24, 2007, 08:07:58 PM »
It really would be, but oh well. How much does the 200 page artbook cost?

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
rafanetz
The Dark Hour Is Coming

View Profile Email
rafanetz phones it in,
 « Reply #32 on: July 24, 2007, 10:33:43 PM »
It is very expensive, I think. Probably more than U$30, and is impossible to understand a word of it (japanese, you know).
So, getting a smaller version in the same package without paying more for it is ok.

axeman axeman axeman
. rafanetz .

rafanetz has 16 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Oni-Kagura
You know, that one guy.

View Profile Email
Oni-Kagura phones it in,
 « Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 01:34:54 AM »
Good stuff.

I, for one, am going to be optimistic about this. I am so damn tired of companies making mistakes with their products, then making no effort WHATSOEVER to fix them, treating the customers like cattle.

I've been looking very forward to the artbook and soundtrack...if three weeks wait is the cost of a higher quality product, so be it. The sheer fact that Atlus has the respect for it's customers to take the time and money to fix it's mistakes means they just earned even more trust from me.king

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
 - Jules de Gaultier

Oni-Kagura has 35 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #34 on: July 25, 2007, 09:45:05 AM »
You also have to bear in mind that none of the Japanese special edition Persona 3 packages came with an art book or a soundtrack at all. They came with a CD containing a couple tracks and some wallpapers (and I have those wallpapers on the site now lol). These were additional purchases on top of a game that, by default, was even more expensive than it is here (forget about the special edition packages -- even the "bonus pack"-- since the pricing was insane).

52 pages is pretty decent, certainly as what's essentially a free pack-in. I sure won't  complain about it.

As for the other art books, I own Persona 3: Perfect Works which contains a lot of art, it's only 140 pages. A lot of it would kind of be superfluous to even most fans, honestly. Even that is pretty small in size, in terms of dimensions.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: