DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:33:19 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 Interview Help (Read 19767 times)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « on: July 02, 2007, 11:43:20 AM »
It looks like there's some chance that we'll be having an interview with Atlus concerning Persona 3 soon. While we already have some questions we intend to ask, I'm also interested in seeing what it is visitors to this site would like to know.

So, feel free to respond to this post or e-mail me with your suggestions.  Thanks!

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »
Can you please ask Atlus whether the P3 cover is reversible, and why on earth did they decide to go with the present cover and not the original Japanese one?

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
kjcdap

View Profile Email
kjcdap phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 12:58:44 PM »
Hi Tony
if this is ok, can you please ask Atlus if the any of the demons in P3 will be repeat characters from previous games like DDS and Nocturne?
While playing Devil Summoner I recognized demons from past games, I always enjoy seeing old adversaries.
thx
Deb

kjcdap has 1 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
hyugaricdeau

View Profile Email
hyugaricdeau phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 10:32:50 AM »
I have to say that as far as the world and setting for the P3 are concerned I've avoided seeking out too much info, just in case I come across some spoilers. But I'd like to at least know whether Persona 3 takes place in the same world as the earlier Persona games, and if so how many years after the events of P2:Batsu. If not, and this is a long shot, do they know whether anything more will be done with the world and/or characters established in the previous Persona games.

hyugaricdeau has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Moses

View Profile Email
Moses phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 11:28:41 AM »
Hey Tony. I've been a longtime visitor, and I just signed up to ask an interview. Could you ask them how the difficulty is, compared to say SMT3 or Persona 1 and 2:ES? Also, like another user asked, please ask for a non-spoiler about if the worlds are connected clearly as in the first two Personae. Thanks.

Moses has 6 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kandori
Lost Soul

View Profile
Kandori phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 12:37:29 PM »
I don't know if some of these fit in the bill, but I leave the judgment to you Tony:

1.Did Mr.Shigenori Soejima took over the art design for this project from the beginning,or did Atlus proposed the idea to Mr.Kazuma Kaneko and he declined?

2.Atlus japan seems to be on a "Director's Cut" releasing spree for the last few MegaTen games,we scored with SMT3:Nocturne...but missed on P3FES, it seems to be there's no synchronization between the mother company and it's counterpart in the US.

If future MegaTen games continue this trend,would Atlus US find a mechanism that would increase the chances of those "Director's Cut" releases to be localized...?

And thanks for the chance Tony.

Kandori has 19 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 05:41:05 PM »
2.Atlus japan seems to be on a "Director's Cut" releasing spree for the last few MegaTen games,we scored with SMT3:Nocturne...but missed on P3FES, it seems to be there's no synchronization between the mother company and it's counterpart in the US.

Last few? Only SMT III had extra content. It is not like we lost out on a DDS 1 or 2 director's cut. There is also a big difference as to why we aren't seeing FES from the get-go. P3 was already being localized before FES was known about. It really isn't the same situation as SMT III.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Shinogu

View Profile Email
Shinogu phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 07:12:34 PM »
Would ATLUS be in charge of translating the Wii's Virtual Console entries of SMT, or does that fall in with Nintendo's internal staff?

Shinogu has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Funeral Procession

View Profile
Funeral Procession phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 10:33:25 PM »
Why no Fes?
What was most difficult part translating, and what was cut?

Funeral Procession has 4 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 11:35:07 PM »
Is it possible we may ever get the older SMT games released stateside?

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 01:59:56 AM »
An Anniversary Collection on the PS2 or PSP would be nice...

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 11:37:06 AM »
Thanks guys. I was given the go ahead to send some questions over and hope to hear back from them relatively soon. They were looking for more interesting questions than simply "what is Persona 3 like!", which I feel we've provided for them. I took what was written here and tried to phrase the questions the best I could... Although at some point I have to stop adding to the list, I think it's all been covered rather well (and also some questions I was personally interested in).

I'll obviously post it up as soon as I hear back. Thanks!

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 12:31:37 PM »
I hope mine gets answered!

I'm kidding,would be nice though.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Angelus

View Profile Email
Angelus phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 08:27:16 PM »
Quote from: Kandori;3384
1.Did Mr.Shigenori Soejima took over the art design for this project from the beginning,or did Atlus proposed the idea to Mr.Kazuma Kaneko and he declined?

Well personally, I think that Kaneko decided not to work on P3 because at the same time he was also doing Kuzunoha Raidou. Though it's just theory, I don't know how capable the man is at drawing for two games at the same time. <_<

Angelus has 12 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 09:28:08 PM »
Quote from: Angelus;3580
Well personally, I think that Kaneko decided not to work on P3 because at the same time he was also doing Kuzunoha Raidou. Though it's just theory, I don't know how capable the man is at drawing for two games at the same time. <_<

I guess he's capable of it, for me he is the best graphic designer I ever saw, of course if you're right in this theory maybe he was too busy with KR. But I think he just take a little break or maybe he want to see what others can do? Maybe, I dont know too! But the only thing I know, is that he is the best of the best.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: