DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:29:16 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: your favorite RPG's (Read 57663 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #45 on: July 15, 2007, 03:01:12 PM »
Wich friend?

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #46 on: July 15, 2007, 03:15:50 PM »
If you guys mean that one guy that was constantly insulting him? I think I banned him, I didn't see the point.

If you mean Heat, I think he's taking a break from a lot of websites for a while lol.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Stack Bundles
too dark to see tomorrow

View Profile Email
Stack Bundles phones it in,
 « Reply #47 on: July 15, 2007, 03:27:38 PM »
Nah, there was another poster from Guatemala that suddenly appeared when Emilio needed it the most. As soon as he did appear, Emilio disappeared. And as soon as he left, Emilio reappeared.

[INDENT]Sunset glazed...[/INDENT]

Stack Bundles has 189 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #48 on: July 15, 2007, 03:31:29 PM »
Quote from: Stack Bundles;3501
Nah, there was another poster from Guatemala that suddenly appeared when Emilio needed it the most. As soon as he did appear, Emilio disappeared. And as soon as he left, Emilio reappeared.

Oh, well, I can verify that he doesn't share an IP range with anyone else here... so I don't know what else to say about that. sick

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #49 on: July 15, 2007, 03:41:23 PM »
Quote from: Stack Bundles;3501

So did you think I was that guy back there? Come on that would be stupid, and I guess he appear because you began to say some thing about Guatemala, and he maybe piss off. So dot think I was that guy, can't you give me another stupid excuse?

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #50 on: July 15, 2007, 03:48:54 PM »
Going back to games... lol.

My 360 is broken and on its way to be fixed, so I've been popping in games on other systems I've never finished before. One of them was Rogue Galaxy. I was only like 4 hours in it before I moved on to other things. I'm not sure why, since I liked it.

I've been enjoying it the last couple of days. Sometimes I think areas are just way too big and open for their own good... it makes it a bit tedious, but it's still an overall enjoyable game. I guess it's not a favorite, but I'm kind of struggling to come up with any recent RPG I've really loved.

Jesus Jones
When I think about you I touch myself

View Profile Email
Jesus Jones phones it in,
 « Reply #51 on: July 15, 2007, 05:16:35 PM »
Rogue Galaxy was a bad game for a number of reasons.  

The thing is, you might not really even notice since RG keeps you occupied with busy work (such as the factory, weapon creation and leveling, hunting special enemies, collecting hunter coins, raising insectors ect.) throughout a majority of the game.  

When you are done with the busy work, or can no longer put up with it, you realize that all that is left is a crappy story with a group of useless/purposeless supporting characters.

Jesus Jones has 45 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #52 on: July 15, 2007, 05:52:55 PM »
Rogue Galaxy was a bad game for a number of reasons.

I agree with everything you said and more. I played RG for about 5 hours and was bored to numbness.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Stack Bundles
too dark to see tomorrow

View Profile Email
 « Reply #53 on: July 15, 2007, 09:53:23 PM »
L5 sucks. The best thing that ever happened to them is Enix.

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #54 on: July 16, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »
I personally liked Dark Cloud 2, but still.

I don't know. I think overall I feel the same way about Rogue Galaxy. I like a couple of the main characters and the basic idea of going to other planets is fun, but I don't think it's very well capitalized upon. You're just taken from wide open dungeon to wide open dungeon, none of which are particularly interesting. Something about it feels off the entire time and, looking back at it, I wonder if I have been trying to convince myself I "like" it so that I don't feel like I've wasted the money.

But to be honest with myself, I think I've wasted the money lol.

Angelus

View Profile Email
Angelus phones it in,
 « Reply #55 on: July 16, 2007, 02:27:40 PM »
Hmm, I never played Rogue Galaxy. I wanted to at one point, but I got over it.

I'll just post series 'cause I'm terrible at choosing. I love the Suikoden series, Xenosaga, Shadow Hearts, Tales of..., Growlanser and .hack(I prefer GU but the originals are also fun). There's other small titles, like Nippon Ichi(though they're getting really big lately) and some Square games that I also enjoy, but not as much.

Angelus has 12 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #56 on: July 16, 2007, 04:52:45 PM »
I played the Rouge Galaxy Demo that Sony sent me in the mail (they also gave me a pirate flag >_>) and I liked it. I held off buying it because Riviera PSP was just announced and I discovered Persona 3.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #57 on: July 16, 2007, 08:48:18 PM »
I, on the other hand, enjoyed Rogue Galaxy from start to finish. I had a fun time playing it, even though action RPGs are not favored over turn based for me. I thought the story was decent, with, albeit forgiveable (at least for me), fun to watch but not so deep characters. I thought the game was great, which is really the only thing that matters. Other than RG, I found DC 1 and 2 to be ok and Dragon Quest 8 enjoyable to a minimal degree. I definently will check out future Level 5 titles, though.

Quote from: Kakizaki;3487
And you are basing this off of what? I'm not sure if I would call the last Devil Summoner a quality title.

I said most likely. I didn't say that it is. And, are you saying this for the sake of argument? Or do you truely believe that the SMT series, as a whole, is worse than Odin Sphere, a single game, from a developing company that has otherwise(1 game, which failed to gain popularity, where Odin Sphere has succeded, somewhat) never been heard of?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:59:25 PM by Neao »

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Stack Bundles
too dark to see tomorrow

View Profile Email
 « Reply #58 on: July 16, 2007, 09:50:10 PM »
Quote from: Neao;3527
Or do you truely believe that the SMT series, as a whole, is worse than Odin Sphere, a single game, from a developing company that has otherwise(1 game, which failed to gain popularity, where Odin Sphere has succeded, somewhat) never been heard of?

The most recent entries into the Megami Tensei series have been subpar by MT standards, so it's not far fetched that a game such as Odin Shere, at this point, is better.

Also, what does OS being developed by Vanillaware, a relatively unheard of company, have to do with anything? Just because they've never been heard of by most people doesn't mean they couldn't possibly develop a better game than R&D1. Pedigree, or lack thereof, does not determine a title's quality.

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #59 on: July 16, 2007, 09:57:07 PM »
I said most likely. I didn't say that it is. And, are you saying this for the sake of argument? Or do you truely believe that the SMT series, as a whole, is worse than Odin Sphere, a single game, from a developing company that has otherwise(1 game, which failed to gain popularity, where Odin Sphere has succeded, somewhat) never been heard of?

SB pretty much nailed it for me with this:

The most recent entries into the Megami Tensei series have been subpar by MT standards, so it's not far fetched that a game such as Odin Shere, at this point, is better.

I wouldn't say OS is better than the entire SMT series as a body of work (of course I don't think it is fair to try and compare one title to an entire series), but I do feel that OS is of much higher quality than DDS 1&2 and DS KR.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: