DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:19:45 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dance Dance Revolution (Read 11501 times)
traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « on: February 18, 2008, 09:14:19 PM »
All right I decided to create this thread as a general interest thread and because I want advice on a new mat (Internet reviews are so.... contradictory that every where I've looked for reviews on every mat gave them 1-5 stars so if anyone would like to reccomend something that would be nice. )  I would also like to note that my ps2 is a bit messed and MadCatz dance Mats don't work on them.  I had two, 1 I had had for 2 years, the other I had was three years old but I only had it for 1 1/2 years (got it used from a friend).

Random Tangent of Meandering: But then I screwed around with my ps2 and hard drive stuff and then they stopped working on it. Because the analog no longer automatically boots up on my ps2 and at the same time the lights stopped lighting up on the dance mats - thusly I concluded that they ran off of analog power - ps: I trouble shooted a lot to come to that conclusion... aka they worked on my friends ps2, they worked on the new ps2 I bought so I wouldn't need to replace them- until I screwed up the analog on that one and ebgames wouldn't give me my money back or even store credit even though it was still under waranty)

So I currently use a Konami Mat as my primary mat, it works well... doesn't slip too much...but due to careless censored folding the buttons have gotten wonky.
I also have an Intec mat, well it's my friends she keeps it here so we can play 2 player, but I really don't like that mat.

My two favorite version of DDR would be DDR Extreme 2 or DDR Party Collection.

Also thinking about trying Pump It Up or In the Groove.

traci has 97 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Demi-heat
Sony Is God

View Profile Email
Digital_Devil_Saga@hotmail.com
Demi-heat phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 04:52:34 PM »
o_o for some reason i hate DDR,i guess is for PIU, i Love that game,the crazy songs are....crazy.... xD

[SIGPIC]Persona User[/SIGPIC]

Demi-heat has 83 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 07:16:41 AM »
How does DDR work at the arcade again? I always remember playing here or there for virtually free :)

I can't remember if you get to keep playing till you lose or not. But every arcade I've ever known has guys that work there that let everyone play for free. I think the DDR machines draw curious people into the arcade, and if you can play well all the more people. So it's win/win for the manager.

Plus it demonstrates how the game works to always have kids playing on it.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:21:33 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:06:37 AM »
Sorry, no advice regarding mats here.  I just thought this would be as good a place as any to express my extreme dislike for the music in that game, most notably the obnoxious levels at which it emits from the machine.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »
Quote from: DevilRy;6806
Sorry, no advice regarding mats here.  I just thought this would be as good a place as any to express my extreme dislike for the music in that game, most notably the obnoxious levels at which it emits from the machine.

Not even In The Navy?

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 11:24:14 AM »
Sadly no, not even the throbbing beat of disco classics can get me over my irrational hatred and fear for ALL dance games.

Except for Parappa the Rappa.  That game was charming dumb fun. v

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 12:14:24 PM »
Whenever someone brings up DDR I have to drop that I could hang up to the last Maniac number whilst I was at the top of my game!

--Which incidentally was probably whe In The Navy was still in the playlist :)

Though for all I know it still is...

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 12:16:47 PM by yksehtniycul »

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: