DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:14:31 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: persona remake on PS3 (Read 58525 times)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 01:34:21 AM »
Quote from: Kakizaki;2383
I still enjoy the battle system, and I have spoken with quite a few others that enjoy the more deliberate strategic elements to the battle system versus EP/IS system, but the labyrinths do need some work.  I still think the sprites look decent. As for getting lost, I really don't think the world map is that difficult.

The game is ugly. That's all that really needs to be said. A straight port would be pointless -- why even bother if no effort is going to be put into it? The game has been re-released for the PlayStation numerous times -- porting it to the PSP with no actual changes or additions would be ridiculous, and probably wouldn't sell well, either. Remaking it would be the best course of action, especially since a lot of people didn't get into the series [in the U.S.] until after the release of Eternal Punishment, and even in 2000, the game felt extremely dated.

Though, it doesn't matter what console they remake it for, if they did remake it, the chances of it getting localized would be slim to none. SCEA, apparently, has a "no ports" stance, and since Persona is not, and never has been, a very popular series, an exception probably wouldn't be made.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 10:05:26 AM »
The game has been re-released for the PlayStation numerous times -- porting it to the PSP with no actual changes or additions would be ridiculous, and probably wouldn't sell well, either.

In Japan, yes, but that really doesn't mean anything. Numerous other games including BoF III, VP, and Gradius Gaiden, and quite a few others have had numerous rereleases on PSX and also  received PSP releases. Even if no alterations were made and it was a straight port, the relocalization and the inclusion of the Snow Queen Quest should be enough to qualify as new material.

We will just have to disagree with the looks of MIP.  I don't mind the look of the LoH and Popolocrois titles on PSP, but they aren't anything amazing. Astonishia Story looked like garbage and got a release. Persona would look just as decent, if not better in some cases, as those on a high res screen.  While the PSP has more turn based rpgs to choose from than the DS, none of them are anything to get excited about at this point. A straight port of Persona with a decent localization would almost be one of the best rpgs by default.

Remaking wouldn't necessarily be the best course of action for those of us who prefer the older style SMT titles. None of the SMT titles after Nocturne have been that amazing (I haven't played P3 yet, but I don't care for what I have read). I don't have faith in Atlus in its current state for a competent remake.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:15:54 AM by Kakizaki »

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 10:33:35 AM »
Quote from: Kakizaki;2389
Remaking wouldn't necessarily be the best course of action for those of us who prefer the older style SMT titles. None of the SMT titles after Nocturne have been that amazing (I haven't played P3 yet, but I don't care for what I have read). I don't have faith in Atlus in its current state for a competent remake.

But, if they were to remake it, I would imagine all they would really do is upgrade the graphics. I don't see them screwing around with the story or battle mechanics too much. I don't see why they would, anyways. I don't necessarily have a problem with the "older style" Shin Megami Tensei games -- in fact, I prefer them, and would greatly like to see them make another SMT game in the same vein as 1, 2, and if....

And, I agree. Megami Tensei games haven't been all that good lately [I didn't like Nocturne, and despite my username, I thought Digital Devil Saga was terrible], and Persona 3 seems like it's going to be terrible, and the most cliché-ridden of the lot.

edit: Looking at screen shots of Persona, I guess it isn't nearly as ugly as I remembered it to be.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:37:11 AM by Heat »

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 12:47:53 PM »
But, if they were to remake it, I would imagine all they would really do is upgrade the graphics. I don't see them screwing around with the story or battle mechanics too much.

You're probably right about some aspects. I wouldn't mind if the map was upgraded to look like Nocturne or IS/EP. I guess I am just partial to sprite based graphics and would be afraid of what they might be changed to in a remake.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 08:31:07 PM »
Quote from: Heat;2390
But, if they were to remake it, I would imagine all they would really do is upgrade the graphics. I don't see them screwing around with the story or battle mechanics too much. I don't see why they would, anyways. I don't necessarily have a problem with the "older style" Shin Megami Tensei games -- in fact, I prefer them, and would greatly like to see them make another SMT game in the same vein as 1, 2, and if....

And, I agree. Megami Tensei games haven't been all that good lately [I didn't like Nocturne, and despite my username, I thought Digital Devil Saga was terrible], and Persona 3 seems like it's going to be terrible, and the most cliché-ridden of the lot.

edit: Looking at screen shots of Persona, I guess it isn't nearly as ugly as I remembered it to be.

mad Come on, you have to be kiding me, Persona 3 is one of the best games I ever saw, and I dont think other titles such as Lucifer's Call or Avatar Tuner, to be as bad as you say, because if you say that, that means you dont like this kind of games at all. In my opinion Persona 3 has a different look from other games, and what about MIP, you say its ugly because you only see or play (I dont know) the US version, and completely forgot about the real version of the game, of course I'm talking about the japanese version. And if the graphics were not of your like, there are plenty of reasons for that, and one of the best I can find, was that, they dont use all the resources of the playstation to its max.

You can see other games, that do not have good cualitu graphics, but the are the best for many aspects, like the music, story, controllers, fun factors and many others things.

What I want to say is, you dont need to judge a game by its graphics, they are well known for they're story or good gameplay. And one last thing, Persona 3 is not an bad game, come on, is one of the BEST!!!!! and of course other Shin Megami Tensei games, are also good cuality games.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 08:38:52 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;2401
mad Come on, you have to be kiding me, Persona 3 is one of the best games I ever saw, and I dont think other titles such as Lucifer's Call or Avatar Tuner, to be as bad as you say, because if you say that, that means you dont like this kind of games at all. In my opinion Persona 3 has a different look from other games, and what about MIP, you say its ugly because you only see or play (I dont know) the US version, and completely forgot about the real version of the game, of course I'm talking about the japanese version. And if the graphics were not of your like, there are plenty of reasons for that, and one of the best I can find, was that, they dont use all the resources of the playstation to its max.

You can see other games, that do not have good cualitu graphics, but the are the best for many aspects, like the music, story, controllers, fun factors and many others things.

What I want to say is, you dont need to judge a game by its graphics, they are well known for they're story or good gameplay. And one last thing, Persona 3 is not an bad game, come on, is one of the BEST!!!!! and of course other Shin Megami Tensei games, are also good cuality games.

You totally missed the point.

Stack Bundles
too dark to see tomorrow

View Profile Email
Stack Bundles phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 08:55:28 PM »
LOL @ Emilio Morales

[INDENT]Sunset glazed...[/INDENT]

Stack Bundles has 189 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 05:00:38 PM »
Miss the point? Can someone explain it to me.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 10:49:59 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;2414
Miss the point? Can someone explain it to me.

No. Re-read the posts in this thread, but try doing so after switching out of "fanboy mode".

Edit: Regarding a remake, I'd like to see an option that would allow us to go through the dungeons in third-person view. I tend to get rather motion sick in games that play in first-person (and Persona was one of those games where I'd get sick). Though, I was fine when playing Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2. Go figure.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 12:58:41 AM by Heat »

chikana7

View Profile Email
chikana7 phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 02:46:07 PM »
Quote from: Heat;2390

Your right, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 are terrible! I feel bad for anyone who waste their time and money on those 2. Anyone who liked those have no idea. Nocturne and Devil Summoner are awesome. My girlfriend has played Nocturne twice. She loves it, but I tell her Persona 3 is going to be the best Playstation game ever. Im upset I never bought Persona 2. I would have liked it as much as I like Nocturne.

chikana7 has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 09:07:03 PM »
Quote from: chikana7;2436
Your right, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 are terrible! I feel bad for anyone who waste their time and money on those 2. Anyone who liked those have no idea. Nocturne and Devil Summoner are awesome. My girlfriend has played Nocturne twice. She loves it, but I tell her Persona 3 is going to be the best Playstation game ever. Im upset I never bought Persona 2. I would have liked it as much as I like Nocturne.

Yes, finally, someone that I understand with! Persona 3 is going to be the best playstation game ever!!

I'll tell you that I got Persona 2 Batsu (Eternal Punishment) and I would like to play Tsumi (Innocent Sin), but in your case, I dont have played Nocturne, but yes Persona 2!

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 09:16:44 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;2460
Persona 3 is going to be the best playstation game ever!!

I'm assuming you've played every game on every Sony console, right?

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 10:21:40 PM »
I don't think you can even really compare P3 to past Persona titles either.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 12:46:10 PM »
Quote from: Heat;2461
I'm assuming you've played every game on every Sony console, right?

What I'm trying to say, is that Persona 3 is the best rpg title until now, becuase, every game I see, I dont feel like is really as good as Persona 3.

But if you want me to be more especific, okay! "Persona 3 is going to be the best rpg game until now!" Oh! I totally forgot: "IN MY OPINION"

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 12:49:26 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;2486
I dont feel like is really as good as Persona 3.

But you've never played Persona 3. And, you state, "every game I see," does this mean you've never played the games you're claiming to be not as good as Persona 3? Seems like you're unfairly judging games you haven't even given a chance.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: