DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:50:10 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So any anime watcher ? (Read 81935 times)
Nekomata

FemaleView Profile Email
Nekomata phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »
Quote from: Camanche;2276
Does anyone know a good comedy anime? I've never watched one myself but am interested in which ones I should be looking into.

I really liked Pani Poni Dash and Azumanga Daioh.
They're both School Comedy Anime, full of crazyness like Excel Saga XD

I'm currently watching (and reading) D-gray Man, Death note and Naruto.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 08:06:36 PM by Nekomata »

Nekomata has 4 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Camanche
Same shit, different style.

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 10:36:57 PM »
Pani Poni Dash! Thats' the one I've been hearing about for a while. Merci. Also, Sayck, Dragon Half is pretty good so far. I'm loving the parody.

Camanche has 171 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 07:41:37 PM »
I really liked Nurse witch Komugi.  It was one of the funniest animes I've seen in awhile.
OMG! the other night I finished watching Noir, it was soooo good. *pass out*

traci has 97 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 07:58:27 PM »
I find anime boring, and most of it is too full of the same clichés to be worth my time. I liked G-Force/Gatchaman and El Hazard [apparently, there are different versions of the latter, I don't recall which I saw]. I enjoyed what I saw of Sailor Moon, though, I never got to see any of the episodes that had the Outer planets, though, I wouldn't mind seeing those episodes.

I generally prefer to stay away from anime these days. I started watching "Welcome to the NHK!", and it seemed like it was going to be different, and it was rather amusing, but it turned into your typical "romantic comedy", so I stopped watching. I was really disappointed.

I was going to look into watching Devil Man, since apparently, there's some connections between it and Shin Megami Tensei if... (according to someone I know), but I never got around to it.

I saw Evangelion, and hated it. Shinji became such a horny little pervert near the end.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 09:44:35 PM »
Does anyone of you have seen Gantz, because is a really good anime, but I haven't see it all, but I have read all the "first phase" of the manga. It's really cool.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
RE_horror

View Profile Email
RE_horror phones it in,
 « Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 11:09:53 AM »
Long time no check this place, seems like we got more newcomers
I saw Evangelion, and hated it. Shinji became such a horny little pervert near the end.

It's not like so, Shinji is a fucking lonely boy, man, he needs love, in the past he didn't have even a mother, and his father acted like a jerk. That's why he found compassion and love with Asuka. He's just too shy and emo to tell her the truth. Anyway I like Rei better. Maybe I have a crush with emo girl in general.

kaki: Do you even considered this thing as a mecha anyway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-AOn7oOuwI&mode=related&search=
From SRW W featuring Bonta-kun:lurk: It's kind of a powered suit through.

RE_horror has 32 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 01:23:34 PM »
Quote from: RE_horror;2517
It's not like so, Shinji is a fucking lonely boy, man, he needs love, in the past he didn't have even a mother, and his father acted like a jerk. That's why he found compassion and love with Asuka. He's just too shy and emo to tell her the truth.

I fail to see how this justifies him being a horny pervert. He was a mediocre, annoying, poorly done character.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 05:19:03 PM by Heat »

traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #37 on: April 01, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »
agreed it is hard to like Shinji Ikari's Character but I mean what is so well done about him is that his character is true to life.  A normal teenage boy is horny, lazy and full of excuses, I mean that is one thing that is exceptional about the series is that Shinji isn't some super character, and that he is a flawed person.
Granted he is really annoying at times.

Quote from: Heat;2498
I was going to look into watching Devil Man, since apparently, there's some connections between it and Shin Megami Tensei if... (according to someone I know), but I never got around to it.

Oh, also.  SMT + Devilman don't really have much in common other than that it is a half demon half human kickin' demon ass.  And the series follows the idea that each episode has a villian who the protagonist fights and then the series starts to develop around that(Like Spawn or Spiderman) Also the series of Devilman is old. Like Speed racer old and I've only found the series with ESL style dubs. But there was an OVA produced much later on that I though was quite good. (In all honesty I was playing Tetris at the time of watching it).  Also, although the concept of SMT and Devilman are quite different, if you do happen to enjoy it I would recommend DevilLady it is a bit slow to pick up but once it does it's so badass.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 09:21:54 PM by traci »

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #38 on: April 01, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »
Quote from: traci;2531
pssttt.... heat.  They don't really have much in common other than that it is a half demon half human kickin' demon ass.

I believe he stated that the character of Akira from Shin Megami Tensei if... was a homage, to Akira from Devilman. They have the same names, Akira (Devilman) is possessed by Amon, and I believe Akira (if...) becomes Amon or something like that, I haven't played more than 10 minutes of Shin Megami Tensei if.... I know there's the Akira-Amon connection, but that's all I can say since I've neither seen/read Devilman or played too much of Shin Megami Tensei if....

traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #39 on: April 01, 2007, 09:40:10 PM »
Ah, that is very possible.  I can't say I know much about Shin Megami Tensei if.. but that does seem very likely

RE_horror

View Profile Email
RE_horror phones it in,
 « Reply #40 on: April 02, 2007, 12:10:22 AM »
Quote from: Heat;2520
I fail to see how this justifies him being a horny pervert. He was a mediocre, annoying, poorly done character.

Well, the EVA director Hidki Anno want to make Shinji be a flawed person after all. And he have a mental problem, too. Can't say he's a horny pervert, Anno just want to show us the true nature of a boy if he hasn't been raised correctly.

I must admit I hate Shinji sometimes, especially in EoE, but a poorly done character ? No way, look at Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed, a truely poorly done character with jesus attitude.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #41 on: April 02, 2007, 12:14:51 AM »
Quote from: RE_horror;2535
And he have a mental problem, too.

He must. He fapped to a comatose girl. What the hell?

RE_horror

View Profile Email
RE_horror phones it in,
 « Reply #42 on: April 02, 2007, 12:22:06 AM »
...well, because he's too shy to fap her when she's in normal condition...
That show his timid nature, shy and always fear.
And even in the last episode of EoE, he even tried to kill Asuka, maybe he wants to be alone in this goddamn world he created, "Disgusting"-the reply of Asuka give me the impression about the New World he created.
He isn't god , he's flawed boy but have the power of God, so the world he created is pretty much flawed too.

Oni-Kagura
You know, that one guy.

View Profile Email
Oni-Kagura phones it in,
 « Reply #43 on: April 05, 2007, 04:39:22 PM »
Anyone seen "The Legend of Black Heaven"? It's one of my favorites, and easily one of the best guitar related anime I've ever seen.

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
 - Jules de Gaultier

Oni-Kagura has 35 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
TheManInBlack
The Mystic Conman

View Profile Email
TheManInBlack phones it in,
 « Reply #44 on: April 21, 2007, 11:55:10 AM »
Quote from: Heat;2520

How much do you know about psychoanalysis?

Particulary, the works of Freud & Jung?

TheManInBlack has 20 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: