DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:49:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So any anime watcher ? (Read 81941 times)
RE_horror

View Profile Email
RE_horror phones it in,
 « on: March 09, 2007, 12:18:15 AM »
Meh, just wondering...
Currently, I'm watching :Super Robot Wars OG Divine War, it's pretty good for a mecha and super robot fan likes me.
And Tokyo Majin, a persona/smt-ish anime based on a PS 1 Game.

RE_horror has 32 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
RE_horror

View Profile Email
RE_horror phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 11:17:04 AM »
New stuff: Dancouga Nova...aka Lolifest in a super robot show's disguise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK51HfpbxaA

Camanche
Same shit, different style.

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 01:01:36 PM »
There's always the edit option over double-posting, but I'm not sure if that's a rule here.

I'm into anime to an extent. I used to watch Dragonball religiously when I was little. lol

Right now I'm watching Eureka Seven and trying to finish Elfen Lied.

Camanche has 171 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 03:01:42 PM »
Quote from: Camanche
I used to watch Dragonball religiously when I was little. lol

I think we all did at some point :) ... some twenty year olds I know still do.
I am an aniem watcher, and um... I'm currently in the middle of watching Wild Arms (it's pretty good, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it though.

Also, I'm responsible for uploading Tokyo Revelations onto Boxtorrents, so I'm pretty much proud of that.  combining all of my favourite thing, naturally.  Bootlegging, anime, and Shin Megami Tensei updown

traci has 97 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
RE_horror

View Profile Email
RE_horror phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 06:17:27 PM »
Oh Sweet Cammy, I swear I will never double-posting again.smug
Beside, @Traci: Are you "Tracido" in Atlus MB ? Nice to meet you , BTW.
Also, I'm responsible for uploading Tokyo Revelations onto Boxtorrents, so I'm pretty much proud of that

WoW, you definitely are, my friend.

traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 11:46:18 PM »
I don't think I am Tracido at atlus mb, because I don't know what atlus mb is (although I think it would be atlus message board?).   But that is really creepy because "do" are the first two letters of my last name o.o crap son. That's scary stuff.
Also it is nice to meet you too

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 12:15:24 AM »
There's no real double posting rules here as long as the new post offers something worthwhile. So don't just make a second post that could function perfectly fine as an edit. It drives me nuts when people rephrase their first post in a second post.

Personally, I can't really stand anime anymore. I used to be into it, but over time it because overly clear to me that so much of it is so similar and uninspired. It takes a lot for me to get interested in anything new. I generally am let down by the latest, popular series.

I have a huge soft spot for Macross/Robotech related work, though.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Camanche

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 12:20:15 AM »
Are there any anime series that you still like and find original and inspiring?

traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 01:05:44 AM »
I know I sometimes feel that anime is losing it's edge,but moreso in the animation department.  A lot of series got really lazy with animation, just pan and zoom, pan and zoom.  And when people talk, we arn't going to bother moving their chin, only the cell with the mouth on it. (Noir *cough cough*)
That's why I usually try to stick to older stuff.

RE_horror

View Profile Email
RE_horror phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 04:52:25 AM »
Ever try on D.Gray Man, Tokyo Majin ? They're dark animes and have some persona/smt-ish in it.  

And personnally, I don't think anime's losing it's edge at all, One Piece, the New Getter Robo and all the new "dark animes" is still keeping me hooked. And now Dancouga Nova, if you excuse me, "mmmoooeeee", lol.smug

As a Asian myself, I grown up with Animes, when I was a kid, I enjoyed Sailor Moons along with Dragon Balls, Golion, read Astro Boy's manga. So that's why I loved anime so much. People can call me a Japanophile, but meh, with new animes to watch, why should I care ?smug

Anyway, @Traci: Yes, "atlus mb" is Atlus USA Message Board.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 05:38:36 AM by RE_horror »

traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 12:33:14 PM »
I had a really weird dream the other night that I had the entire series of Sailor Moon on my psp... that was weird.
Also, a good "dark anime" as you call them, would definitely be DevilLady, and Devilman OVA(to a certain extent).  But stay away from the Devil Man series, it's crazy old.  Like speed racer old.

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »
I have a huge soft spot for Macross

Really? Interesting, so do I. I watch mainly older stuff -- mainly older mecha shows / space opera junk, but I am pretty particular in what I will watch. Votoms, Patlabor, Macross are some of my favorites.  I dig pretty much anything Miyazaki has done.  Berserk, NGE, GiS SAC, and Cowboy Bebop are some of the only shows that I have liked from the past 10-12 years.  I miss the more traditional animation methods. I am excited to hear that there is a new Votoms show in the works.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
RE_horror

View Profile Email
RE_horror phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 07:27:05 PM »
I had a really weird dream the other night that I had the entire series of Sailor Moon on my psp... that was weird.
LOL.
Man, about the Dark Animes, I meant Tokyo Majin, D.Gray Man.
But we can also count Devil Lady  Devil Man OVA... and Demon Lord Dante, which have the basic story resembling SMT, but damn, I never watched that show so I can't recommend it through.

Kaki seems to be a "real robot" fan, assuming he like Macross and Votoms, but he didn't like Gundam, oh geez.
I'm a fan to Super Robot, like Getter or Mazinger shows with Hot Blood Pilot, monster and a lot of screaming:censored: .

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
but he didn't like Gundam, oh geez.

That is because outside of their size or dimensions, most Gundam mecha shouldn't even fit into the realistic mecha mold.  The energy sword battles and most close combat in Gundam is ridiculous. Why do I have to like it anyway? I like ketchup and tomato soup, but dislike fresh tomatoes. Who cares?

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Camanche

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 08:33:02 PM »
Can't say I could ever get into Gundam. I think Eureka Seven is the only mecha series I've watched for more than a few episodes. I've got to say I'm Miyazaki's fan too. I got into anime with that badly brought over version of Nausicaa back in the eighties. lol I've watched most of his stuff. Nothing beats Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: