DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:18:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Narumi & Tae (Read 21352 times)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « on: August 26, 2005, 08:26:14 AM »
The official site has been updated with new characters(as shown in the topic) as well as new screenshots. Kaneko's designs look more uh, happier(I'm not sure that's the right word, haha)? Tae looks a lot like Sera in the screenshots so I'm guessing they might've used the same render for her. I'm loving the world's designs though.

Also check out Raidou's profile for a new piece of art. Ages are listed as well. Narumi being the oldest.

EDIT1: Instead of half-assing this whole thing. I'll 'try' and get my sister-in-law to translate their profiles(I need a printer though...) when I see her next time. I'm not making any promises though so it'd be nice to have someone translate them. D:

The gist of information I can get:
Narumi - he's Raidou's superior and it's mostly pushing him to do work. He seems to have some connection with the military and government.

Asakura Tae - I'm not sure if Kichou is her nickname or the term of 'returning to Japan'. But she's a journalist/reporter. She's unlike most journalist in the Taisho Era and sounds pretty dedicated to her jobs to get the information she needs. (*cough* Maya Amano anyone?)

EDIT2: Hmm, let's see. Tae also goes by 'Tae-chan'. Her name is in Katakana so it must mean she could either be a foreigner(despite her last name) like Japanese-American or even Japanese-Korean. Tae is a Korean name...but this is just my assumption. I think 'Tae-chan' may also be her pen name...Narumi calls her that in one of the screens.

I assumed this meant Kichou: 葵鳥 as the first kanji is 'ki' but the second is making me mad. It's meant for alot of things...san is added at the end of the name so eh, it could be her real one. I'm confused. =P I've had enough of Japanese for tonight...

« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 11:53:55 AM by Argilla »

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
radiokill

View Profile Email
radiokill phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 11:21:32 AM »
Thanks for the info on the update.

I'm really lazy to read through all of that right now, but Kichou is the handle Tae uses for her articles because it's harder to perceive her gender that way. ;)

Raidou is working as an apprentice detective at Narumi's detective agency, and Narumi gives most of the work to him...

I think that Kaneko did the styles to suit the characters... I like them, it's refreshing... though Raidou still has a rather dark look. XD I think they'd all be able to pull evil looks off. ^^ I think it's cool Raidou has all those weapons hiding under his cloak. Innocent high school student, NOT.

Edit: From what I read in the interviews, Raidou never takes off his hat, even when in the bath. And he still wears the cloak in the summer. :o

« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 11:25:07 AM by radiokill »

radiokill has 20 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 11:40:31 AM »
Omg, Kuzu I didn't even know that was you! But I should have because of you MSN name. XD

But thanks so much for the information~ You're my hero(ine)!

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 04:31:50 PM »
Narumi would look awesome if he lost that stupid hat. Kind of looks like a fancy Spooky or something. Not that you care.

Edit: And I think Tae looks a LOT more feminine than Sera. A better design, overall, as I couldn't stand Sera's design. (Though, everyone knows that. I hate Sera.)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 04:34:20 PM by Heat »

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 05:08:21 PM »
The newest Famitsu Weekly and PS2 will have infos on this game. I'll try and pick them up tomorrow(I would today but I was up all night and I'm sleepy) if there's anything new and what not. I'll post pictures if I get them and well, if there's actually copies at my local grocery store.

radiokill

View Profile Email
radiokill phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 08:30:09 AM »
Yay, I hope you can get more infos, Argilla! XD Oh, by the way, Tae uses the handle Kichou also because she looks up to Hirazuka Raichou(pronunciation?)... but one of the uses is that blurry-gender use.

Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
ParasiteMT@gmail.com COTMFreak parasitemt
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 08:38:45 AM »
Wow, I should pay more attention to this, lots of juicy information to sink my teeth into. :D

Heh, I agree with Heat on Tae's design though, it's a lot better designed than Sera's in my opinion.

Parasite has 65 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 09:03:48 AM »
Quote from: radiokill
Yay, I hope you can get more infos, Argilla! XD Oh, by the way, Tae uses the handle Kichou also because she looks up to Hirazuka Raichou(pronunciation?)... but one of the uses is that blurry-gender use.

Oh, so that explained the Kanji in the parenthesis? Thanks for clarifying that. Kichou/Raichou...D:

radiokill

View Profile Email
radiokill phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 09:15:06 AM »
Quote from: Argilla
Oh, so that explained the Kanji in the parenthesis? Thanks for clarifying that. Kichou/Raichou...D:

Huh? :o I'm not so sure what you mean, but Tae's handle is Kichou while she looks up to a person called Raichou. The 'chou' part is similar. ^^

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 11:36:54 AM »
Quote from: radiokill
Huh? :o I'm not so sure what you mean, but Tae's handle is Kichou while she looks up to a person called Raichou. The 'chou' part is similar. ^^

Ah, sorry, I'm being confusing again, hehe.^^

What I meant, the Kanji in the parenthesis of her profile is 'Kichou' right? '葵鳥' I looked up the first character and it was 'ki'. I had trouble with 'chou'.

And Raichou '雷鳥'. Ah, the second character. D: Kanji confuses me so~

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: