DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:40:03 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IS english patch! (Read 161001 times)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #120 on: March 04, 2008, 04:51:20 PM »
This was on the blog:

Will the game be playable on my grey Playstation?
Yes, it will. My hacks are meant to run on real hardware. You will only need a modded console to play the game.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #121 on: March 06, 2008, 03:39:30 PM »
The PS2 is known to be screwy with some PSone games. Xenogears is the same - it freezes whenever Deus does his half-HP attack. I managed to get past it on PSP though (emu). I tried beating the bugger twice with these stupid freezes, but three times lucky I guess. The PS2 affects PSone resolution as well. In my opinion, it's just better to have a PSone for these "tricky" sorts of games - they're very cheap to buy and chip these days as well.

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #122 on: March 08, 2008, 02:31:45 PM »
Quote from: DevilRy;6989
I could never get a burned copy of Persona to go past the initial dialog at the start of the game on my PS2.  The boot disc I use works fine with PS1s and PS2s but the PS2 plays PS1 games kind of weird anyway, regardless if they're burned copies or not.  I can play Persona on emulator though, it just looks all sorts of pixelated and grainy (despite plug-in settings) and the sprites just generally look like crap.  I'd rather play it console but I think I'd have to find a working PS1 for it to work properly.

You could conceivably burn a copy of the finished iso of this translation onto a disc and play it on your console though, correct?  I've been thinking about doing a translation for Soul Hackers (I have a lot of the groundwork laid out already) but I didn't want it to be limited to emulation-only.

Uh I remember popping that game into a PS1 the day it hit the shelves. The only place I've ever seen pixels that size is emulating Famicom with 8x resolution! You're refering to IS right? I've never had any trouble emulating MIP (well I do recall some of the texture mappings be offset on the 3D dungeon walls -- dunno if that was ever fixed or not)

Though I've never really got into it on an emulator. My PS2 won't play PS1 games or DVDs. Something about firmware being bare minimum. I have a slide tool setup now. Does anyone know where I could download a system (bios update) utility iso image?

Does DS:SH retain the English spell names btw? If so you need to write up a complete list for me pronto batman

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #123 on: March 08, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
No, I'm talking about the very first Persona.  For some reason it looks like garbage on emulator...  It also skips a lot during the opening FMV despite being played directly from the iso.  I'm beginning to think the iso I have of it is just a bad copy... For one thing the kanji is completely absent from the naming menu...  When I play a disc on PS1 the background swirls don't move around in rooms... and there's no sound during FMVs... Then, without fail, it freezes once I get onto the world map after leaving the Hospital, usually only after traveling a block or two.  I'm guessing its when a random battle is supposed to occur...

Does DS:SH retain the English spell names btw? If so you need to write up a complete list for me pronto batman

I'm not sure what you mean...?  You mean my translation for them?

EDIT:  Now I've pretty much tried everything...  I made a different copy from a different iso and I have the same problem on both PS1 and PS2, it completely freezes just before entering battle on the town map.  I'm guessing it's just the game itself then.  You probably just can't run it from a copy.  Emulator is probably the only way to go then... I'll give some other emulators a shot, see if I can't get it to work right.  I'd really much rather play it on the console though... ;_;

« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:44:02 AM by DevilRy »

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #124 on: March 09, 2008, 02:31:44 AM »
Quote from: DevilRy;7022
I'm not sure what you mean...?  You mean my translation for them?

In Devil Summoner, when you perform an action in a fight, the name of the action pops up in big letters in the upper left hand corner in a kind of purely esthetic Engrish. I'm assuming by your reaction you've never played DS or don't recall the feature, and SH obviously didn't carry over the tradition. The English titles used are pretty much the only close to authentic translation of the names, at least as far as intent is concerned.

Like I said, I've had no problem playing my MIP disc on emulators I've used other than the texture coordinates being a bit jostled in the 3D hallways. You might need a somewhat beefy computer of course to get a completely real-time experience out of it.

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #125 on: March 09, 2008, 05:08:02 AM »
Oh, it doesn't keep the Engrish no but it still names the action in the top left corner of the screen.  Somewhere there exists the ATLUS approved Engrish names for most of the nakama in Megaten, I think maybe on the collectable cards...?  

Frankly the whole debacle with disc images and emulators is driving me a little bonkers.  I can't really seem to get either one to work properly... My problem with the emulators seems to be the opposite of yours, the polygonal hallways look great (music skips a bit) but the sprite screens have huge pixels and the text has these shadows on it that make it really hard to read.  It seems like I can sort of correct this by turning the graphics waaaaaay up but it makes everything else run a lot slower (windows, menus, loading times) and doesn't really look that much better, although it cleans up the text quite a bit.

I'm beginning to think the way this game was designed unintentionally thwarts piracy. ;_;

EDIT: yksehtniycul and I are talking about something totally divergent and unrelated to the Innocent Sin patch, sorry if there is confusion.  I tend to unintentionally divert threads a lot.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 07:37:52 PM by DevilRy »

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #126 on: March 10, 2008, 04:58:11 AM »
You should try it with both epsxe and pcsx (i think those are the names)

I can't remember which one I played it with, but I never had any trouble.

I get better milage with either one for some types of games. But sprite based games usually emulate pretty easy.

Gemini

View Profile WWW Email
Gemini phones it in,
 « Reply #127 on: March 10, 2008, 11:01:41 AM »
For those interested in tarots and portraits from EP, here is the whole set I've just extracted. Enjoy! ♥
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 11:35:05 AM by Gemini »

Gemini has 38 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #128 on: March 10, 2008, 04:04:07 PM »
Thanks Gemini :) Usefull stuff ;)

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Philemon
Entity of Light

View Profile Email
Philemon phones it in,
 « Reply #129 on: March 10, 2008, 10:34:38 PM »
Awesome, thanks Gemini :)

"I, Philemon, and Nyarlathotep are the source of people's Selves--the personification of the Collective Unconsciousness. I lead those with strong hearts, and the Crawling Chaos seduces the weak to the Underworld."

Philemon has 30 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #130 on: April 09, 2008, 06:40:36 AM »
I've noticed that the project has started to really pick up. Either that or the blog updates make it seem so. It's nice to see that it's still going, for a while I thought progress had reached a dead end.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
maya-nee

View Profile Email
maya-nee phones it in,
 « Reply #131 on: April 12, 2008, 06:21:07 AM »
cant really wait for this!

visit the blog and you will see it live on action! i mean the project!:xd:xdxd

[SIGPIC]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h233/ptbiraquit/shadow.jpg[/SIGPIC]

maya-nee has 6 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Gemini

View Profile WWW Email
Gemini phones it in,
 « Reply #132 on: April 18, 2008, 04:18:49 PM »
It's friday, it's time for an update!

• Corrected a bug where translated save files would load because strings are longer than 5 characters;
  • Name entry screen redone to support longer strings and better English input;
  • Imported from EP 95% of item descriptions and 100% of spell descriptions;
  • Reinserted correctly persona post-summon dialogues, and imported 95% of them from EP;
  • Imported from EP all the shop/velvet room menu strings;
  • Hacking my way through demon contact. It's still not working completely, but at least a couple of screens don't result in crashes.

For more information & screenshots check my project blog.

Gemini has 38 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #133 on: April 18, 2008, 05:38:18 PM »
WOW Congratulations Gemini! winkani You´re doing an excelent job with the translation patch!  I hope we can see it soon and working at full capacity! =D

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Heart of Shadows

View Profile Email
Heart of Shadows phones it in,
 « Reply #134 on: April 18, 2008, 07:29:59 PM »
Keep up the good work gemini.
were rooting for you!!!!!

The comfort of death will come, for men and demons alike...by the guidance of the Great Will.

Heart of Shadows has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: