DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:06:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IS english patch! (Read 161005 times)
Yamiblade

View Profile Email
Yamiblade phones it in,
 « Reply #135 on: April 29, 2008, 07:19:17 PM »
Dude, you are the embodiment of awesome.

Yamiblade has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Gemini

View Profile WWW Email
Gemini phones it in,
 « Reply #136 on: September 08, 2008, 07:29:03 PM »
NECRO POSTING! Beta testing has officially started. Enjoy!

Gemini has 38 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #137 on: September 08, 2008, 08:04:10 PM »
WOW, Can't wait, can't wait  dazed

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #138 on: October 01, 2008, 05:34:41 PM »
Well, the release of the english patch was originally planned for October 15th. But, with the increase of idiots who flame each other on the blog site and their total lack of the ability to actually discuss something peacefully, it has been delayed. No release date is planned for now.

http://tsumi.wordpress.com/2008/09/30/the-patch-is-indeed-delayed/

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #139 on: October 01, 2008, 05:43:33 PM »
What a pain in the ass. crying

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #140 on: October 01, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
Haha, sweet.  Suck it, non-Japanese readers!  smokin

Personally, I would've never gone through all the trouble - Just so a bunch of Jap-illiterate geeks could trash my work?  No thank you.  Gemini should be applauded for his patience if anything.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #141 on: October 01, 2008, 08:07:34 PM »
But I forgot to tell... It doesn't matter, cause I already finished Tsumi with the help of the Oracle of Maya! smug

Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #142 on: October 02, 2008, 12:46:39 AM »
Hmmm... I don't see what flaming has to do with the release date. I would simply ignore those guys and release the patch. Maybe there are still some things to be done and Gemini is looking for an excuse, I don't know. If that's the case, he should simply say it. I've been reading his blog and there are some really weird people but you can find that kind of trolls everywhere (even much worse). But that's not the reason not to release the patch. To be honest I'm not so much fan of Persona (I played Eternal Punishment and it's a good game, but a little bit overrated in my opinion), but I was looking forward to see the patch anyway. I wanted to play it in english and I wanted to see the technical site of the translation, because what I saw on his blog looked really impressive. I think it's a little bit unprofessional to say: "I'm not going to release the game because some people are getting on my nerves." That means 95% of those normal people won't see the patch. And that's not because of those flaming idiots. It's because of Gemini not going to release the patch.
Well done.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:15:54 AM by Aleph »

Aleph has 35 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Gemini

View Profile WWW Email
Gemini phones it in,
 « Reply #143 on: October 02, 2008, 01:29:59 AM »
I think it's a little bit unprofessional to say: "I'm not going to release the game because some people are getting on my nerves." That means 95% of those normal people won't see the patch. And that's not because of those flaming idiots. It's because of Gemini not going to release the patch.
And where did I say that the patch won't be released? I can't recall anything even similar to that. Delayed≠canceled in my vocabulary.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #144 on: October 02, 2008, 01:32:48 AM »
Were the flame comments culled from the release post? I read many and didn't see anything non congratulatory. I'm a little shocked just how many turned out to pour out the love rainbow

When you do release, don't forget to ask for donations!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:36:31 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Gemini

View Profile WWW Email
Gemini phones it in,
 « Reply #145 on: October 02, 2008, 01:46:15 AM »
Were the flame comments culled from the release post?
Some are still there. I did delete a lot of them, but most were taken away automatically by the anti-spam system. doh

Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #146 on: October 02, 2008, 01:55:30 AM »
I think it's a little bit unprofessional to say: "I'm not going to release the game because some people are getting on my nerves." That means 95% of those normal people won't see the patch. And that's not because of those flaming idiots. It's because of Gemini not going to release the patch.
And where did I say that the patch won't be released? I can't recall anything even similar to that. Delayed≠canceled in my vocabulary.
You are right, you said delayed until you feel that you want to release it. My mistake. But what does that mean? Christmas? Next year? October 15.th? When?
 Gemini, just put yourself in the position of the normal people who want to play the game in english. You are going to disappoint them. They probably won't say anything, because they don't want to piss you off. I know, we should be happy that someone went thru all the work and translated that game in english, I take my hat off to both of you for that. But you are not fair for disappointing all the people who expected the game on October 15.th.

Gemini

View Profile WWW Email
Gemini phones it in,
 « Reply #147 on: October 02, 2008, 02:14:39 AM »
You forgot the first rule of homebrew translations: we do them for ourselves, THEN for the general public. There's no such a thing as fairness in all this mess, no doubt about it.

Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #148 on: October 02, 2008, 02:21:46 AM »
 biggrin Then please tell me, what's with all that big announcements and constantly updating your blog? You are doing it for us, not yourself. After all, you can play the game without translating it (at least Tom can do it, I don't know about you). I think you are going to release the game on October 15.th. You just wanted the flaming to stop. Or maybe there are some technical things left to do? 

Gemini

View Profile WWW Email
Gemini phones it in,
 « Reply #149 on: October 02, 2008, 02:24:56 AM »
biggrin Then please tell me, what's with all that big announcements and constantly updating your blog?
Because I like posting screenshots. hearton

Or maybe there are some technical things left to do?
Of course there are, or I would have never started a beta testing. And without me fixing those issues the patch can't be released. ninja

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: