DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:19:37 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Demonic Illustrations & Resources [Latest: Found that sprite site Pg. 4] (Read 81274 times)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « on: July 18, 2009, 08:59:50 PM »
...and other related media [er, I mean stuff, not like, the spell XD]

I will attempt to post both "official" and "non-official" media relating to the demons encountered in the Megaten universe :3 Which I'm sure could be helpful if the Demonary ever gets finished [is it like, the never-ending project? XD]

Most recently I've uploaded a collection of Devil Summoner Raidou 2 demon screenshots AND a big collection of demons from the Japanese SMTII guide/artbook, [found the artbook, don't actually own it. As for the screenshots, found them somewhere on a Gamefaqs thread ^^;]

If anyone wants any card pictured in a bigger resolution, just let me know and I'll get around to it for ya ^^;
Devil Children TCG
SMT Nocturne TCG

There's also all these from around the 'net: [a couple were posted here as well, but I just wanna throw them all in one place XD]

Images/Image Compilations
I think everyone knows Dokuganryu/Be Your True Mind.
Jack Frost's Corner; has various scans and a Devil Summoner Compendium to download.
A [selected?] compilation of older demon artwork from one of Kaneko's Compendium books [there are 3 published; 2 with demons, 1 with NPCs and game characters]. Can't remember where I found this ^^;
Persona 3 Tarot Deck; can't remember where I found this one either ^^;
The Heretic Mansion: with both an online resource and a downloadable fusion application.
One of the SMTOI Japanese Wikis; the last segment in the middle column leads to demons sorted by alignment and race.
Kawaii Art Zone 2.0 - A french website with a ton of high-quality art from video games, anime, manga and more! I think you need to register to take a peek, but it's free [and thankfully there's an English option to view the site as well :p]
Can't remember how I came across THIS page, but there's a few small scans of the earlier SMT TCG here.

Sprites
Devil Children Light & Dark sprites can be found here: 1 | 2
THIS Japanese website has a TON of sprites from just about everywhere in the early Megaten days as well as a bunch of other games XD [Specifically SMTI & II for SNES, MT & MTII for NES, If... for SNES]
Here's the site with a ton of early game sprites HERE. A great resource!

PDFs
Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon: Direct | Alt.
Dictionnaire Infernal Demonographia: Direct | Alt.
Easton's Bible Dictionary: Direct | Alt.
Pseudomonarchia Daemonum: Direct | Alt.
All from HERE.
I also recommend taking a look around TheOccult.bz [if registration is open] for a ton of interesting PDFs, movies, and other stuff from Mythology and Alchemy to Astrology and Shamanism and everything in between XD I'd post torrents but apparently the way they're processed only the registered user who downloads the torrent can use it [it's weird, don't ask ^^;]

*EDIT* Added Sept. 8, '09
Devil Survivor - an image consisting of every [obtainable] demon's profile page in English.

Other
SMT Dictionary - Has a huge amount of entries on demons and stuff. You might need a couple of decent translator sites to get the full effect of the details sometimes though XD

I also own some RL art/guide books and some of those fan anthologies, I'll write up a list of what they are later, but here are the pics ^^;
JP Guidebooks | JP Comics & SMTIII Guidebook | JP Comics | Stack of all books | Misc. Art books & SMT:Khan English manga

Also, if anyone has anything else to add, post it here! :D And enjoy! :3

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 02:11:17 AM by Jessicat »

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 12:36:15 PM »
A lot of this is more for the Encyclopedia and collectibles area (and other specialized pages that should probably exist)

The "demonary" really just requires people help with the Google Spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=piKSlpkg0llAny-VoXNRkKQ&hl=en) effort to account for all the in-game stats. Also in-game graphics and sprites can go in the demonary databases. But it's really a game centric part of the website (should it ever really get off the ground)

I don't know if Google Spreadsheets is just not engaging enough for people, or if it is just too hard to figure out / too resource hungry, but I can't think of a better way in the meantime, and even beginning to do something more homegrown that everyone could work on simultaneously would be a major development commitment.

PS: What I've set things up to do, is to take a more or less complete spreadsheet and turn it into a page like this(http://www.digitaldevildb.com/demonary/velvet-room/persona/)

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »
I've never seen any of the illustrations from the "one of Kaneko's Compendium books" link, so I'm guessing this is book 2 (the second devil volume)

If the scans were better quality I might put them up (though without permission) as Tony had a page for the first book (which I've since added to the books section of the site) but doesn't have the second (the third is character artwork)

Icy (founder of the wikia megamitensei.wikia.com wiki) recently purchased either both of the devil books or all three, and was scanning them into the wiki (though I don't think he got past the first book before he stopped doing this) ...anyway, he promised (more or less) me he would make an archive of his scans for the second book once he has them finished and get it to me somehow so we can put it on the site. His scans are higher resolution than the ones we have for the first book and look good. If he ever finishes I will have to write some gd (not goddamn) code to generate multiple resolution versions of the file (like I did for the P4 manga) so they'll match the first books page.

PS: Best Lilith ever, except her face is a bit lopsided. The SMT remake illustration wasn't bad except for Kaneko's new cankle obssession (really, wtf is with the cankles???) ... In general all around the the devils in the second volume are more interesting compositions to me.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:21:34 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 02:42:40 PM »
Every Kazuma Kenko illustration circa the 21st century aroused
http://images.google.com/images?rlz=1C1CHMG_enUS299US304&sourceid=chrome&q=cankle&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=zXFjSo-wCoyxtgf68NzxDw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 03:00:58 PM by yksehtniycul »

BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

MaleView Profile WWW Email
BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 03:06:54 PM »
Russian MegaTen community collection. Written in Russian, but pictures international  biggrin
http://megaten.ru/forums/index.php?showtopic=346

BoreS has 46 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 03:19:55 PM »
Thanks for sharing, BoreS! biggrin

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 10:53:45 PM »
Oooh, cool pics BoreS, thanks for sharing! :3 I think I should make a swag thread to show off our own merch :p

I guess I was kind of thinking "pokedex" instead of "demonary" then :p Something that shows the demon, what game's it's appeared in and what it looked like, attacks it learns and if it evolves, and those compendium info blurbs too :p [yup, total pokedex XD but it would be very informative! ^^;;]

And I actually have a chapter from the Devil Children [Red/Black] manga translated to English. Apparently the first 2 books or something were translated [and made available through whatever the hell iirc is XD]. Haven't found the rest though, and I think the fan-translation site/sites affiliated with it are long since dead ;>> I'll try to upload the one chapter i do have if I can find it ^^;

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:55:32 PM by Jessicat »

BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 02:11:23 PM »
I have not sharing about 70 scan my books, no time :(
Jessicat, nice idea  smile
Not about the translate are you talking about?
Devil Children v01 c01

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 04:31:09 PM »
I guess I was kind of thinking "pokedex" instead of "demonary" then :p Something that shows the demon, what game's it's appeared in and what it looked like, attacks it learns and if it evolves, and those compendium info blurbs too :p [yup, total pokedex XD but it would be very informative! ^^;;]

You know, we have something like that going on (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/wiki/Bael)

The wiki pages are starting to look really really nice, and Google seems to be indexing them at a good rate (I guess I should be writing something on the wikia partnership page)

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 06:23:54 PM »

You know, we have something like that going on (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/wiki/Bael)

The wiki pages are starting to look really really nice, and Google seems to be indexing them at a good rate (I guess I should be writing something on the wikia partnership page)
Oooh, yea, like that! Only I think it should have an attack list too :p [Hm, does Baal Avatar from Nocturne have any relation to the Bael in the former SMT games? ^^;]
Also, sorta related, but I can barely see those discussion links and stuff on the right side of the site; they're really bright. maybe put them in a more visible colour? It looks like signs of life on the site, but for some reason I never really noticed them until now, I thought they were the affiliate site list ^^;

And yes BoreS, that's the same chapter I was talking about :D I just thought there were more chapters availble in English though, maybe I have to start searching the 'net XD

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 07:53:32 PM »
The stuff on the side is just RSS feeds of the comments and blogs in the Megaten Fandom list (not much yet)

^The reason they're not as easy to see (though I would think hard to not notice) is they're not officially part of the layout. They're that way so they blend into the background. If you hover over them they should be easy to read. Basically it's bonus stuff for people with wider displays. Officially the site is supposed to be fully viewable on an 800x600 display. Anyway, design wise I don't want them to distract too much from the site. They're making a bit of a problem though, a long with a lot of stuff in the sidebar, because google uses all those words to index pages so searches can lead you to a page that only has a word in the side info which is pretty lame... I'm working on it.

As for the Bael page, that is just from the wiki pages. Whatever is in the wikia wiki is there. A lot of the devils and bosses do have skills listed in the wiki, but Bael is a little more neglected I guess. Just a page I was fixing up a little at the time.

There is stuff from the Baal boss in Nocturne on the wiki/Baal page, but it's supposed to be migrated to a new Baal (Nocturne boss) page. Satan's page has more crap like skills (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/wiki/Satan)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 07:57:10 PM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 10:00:50 PM »
Well now I feel 'tarded for not realizing the wiki pages ^^;;; Oh, okay, wasn't sure if that side-side column stuff was intentionally that way or not ^^;
Also going to add links to the first post for a collection of Devil Summoner Raidou 2 demon screenshots AND a big collection of demons from the Japanese SMTII guide/artbook. Not sure how helpful these will be, but thought I'd share anyways ^^;

As for my collection of books, I have:

Official [looking] books
-Digital Devil Story 10th Anniversary Book
-Devil Summoner guidebook
-SMTIII Nocturne guidebook
-Digital Devil Saga guidebook
-Digital Devil Saga ultimate final guidebook
-digital Devil Saga 2 fanbook
-Devil Children TCG guidebook
-SMT P4 Visual Data artbook
-Art of SMT P3 artbook
-SMT Khan [I had to find out, and yes, it IS just as bad as everyone claims it to be ;>>]
-Digital Devil Apocalypse artbook
-SMT fanbook[?]

Fan art books [yes I am nerdy and like fan art 8D]
-Devil Children 4-koma anthology
-SMTIII Nocturne comic anthology x3
-SMTIII Nocturne 4-koma anthology x4
-Digital Devil Saga 4-koma anthology
-Persona 3 comic anthology

I'll have to see if there's anything scan-worthy in them [I know the 10th anniversary one has some demon art comparison pages for a few demons.]

*edit* guess this is a start - the usual suspects :p [sorry, the quality sucks ^^;]

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:32:59 PM by Jessicat »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »

That looks interesting? What is it from? If you have that book can you scan the one with the Jacks in "Devil Busting" gear really nice for me?

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 07:00:11 AM »
That looks interesting? What is it from? If you have that book can you scan the one with the Jacks in "Devil Busting" gear really nice for me?

It's from the bigger SMT fanbook thing I have [the one with the different game cover arts on the front]. That might be tough unless I either snap the binding or pull out the page, but I'll give it another try...after work [I should be leaving soon too XD]. There's a few other demons and other character illustrations from a bunch of games.

BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 11:46:18 AM »
ok. it's my full collection of books. Here novels, manga and guides. Not sorted.
魔神転生のすべて [All of Majin Tensei]
真·女神転生のすべて [All of Shin Megami Tensei]
真·女神転生IIのすべて [All of Shin Megami Tensei II]
デビルサマナーソウルハッカーズ 死都光臨 [Devil Summoner Soul Hackers - SHITO KORIN]
デビルサマナーソウルハッカーズ [Devil Summoner Soul Hackers ~Nightmare of the Butterfly~]
デジタル·デビル·サーガ アバタール·チューナー 公式ガイドブック  [Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner Official Guidebook]
真·女神転生 正典 [Digital Devil Story Lawful Chronicle]
真·女神転生 ジ·アス Vol.2 [Digital Devil Story The ASU Vol.2]
魔剣X 公式ガイドブック  [Maken X Official Guidebook]
女神異聞録ペルソナ  [Megami Ibunroku Persona] 1-4 set
女神異聞録ペルソナ アガスティア ショートコミック天国 [Megami Ibunroku Persona AGASTYA Short Comic Tengoku]
女神異聞録ペルソナ エニックス スーパーコミック劇場 [Megami Ibunroku Persona Enix Supercomic Gekijoh vol.6]
女神異聞録ペルソナ (第二集) エニックス スーパーコミック劇場 [Megami Ibunroku Persona Enix Supercomic Gekijoh vol.8]
女神異聞録ペルソナ (第三集) エニックス スーパーコミック劇場 [Megami Ibunroku Persona Enix Supercomic Gekijoh vol.10]
女神異聞録ペルソナ 公式ガイドブック [Megami Ibunroku Persona Official Guidebook]
女神異聞録ペルソナ 神取の野望 [Megami Ibunroku Persona The Ambition of Kandori]
メガテン オールスターズ デビルズ·アーク [MegaTen All-Stars Devil's Ark]
ペルソナ2罪 4コママンガ劇場2 [Persona 2 Innocent Sin 4coma manga theater 2]
ペルソナ2罪 攻略黙示録 [Persona 2 Innocent Sin Capture Apocalypse]
ペルソナ2~罪が与え|罰 上巻 [Persona 2 Innocent Sin Eternal Punishment Vol. One]
ペルソナ2罪 [Persona 2 Innocent Sin]
ペルソナ2罪 公式 Masters Guide [Persona 2 Innocent Sin Official Masters Guide]
ペルソナ2罪X罰 アンソロジーコミック [Persona 2 Innocent Sin X Eternal Punishment antology comics] (bros. comics - anthology comics series)
ペルソナ3 公式ガイドブック [Persona 3 Official Guidebook]
ペルソナ·アナザービジョン 明日出会う自分へ [Persona Another Vision: Tomorrow by yourself who encounters]
真·女神転生 [Shin Megami Tensei] 1-3 set
真·女神転生 外典 鳩の戦記 [Shin Megami Tensei Apocrypha: Pigeon of Military History] 1-2 set
真·女神転生 デビルチルドレン 黒の書&赤の書 公式ガイドブック  [Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children Black Book & Red Book Official Guidebook]
真·女神転生デビルサマナー 闇の再臨 TVドラマ版 [Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner - Second Coming of Darkness TV Drama Ver.]
真·女神転生デビルサマナー外伝 鎮魂の哀歌  [Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Gaiden - Elegy of the repose of souls]
真·女神転生EDEN  [Shin Megami Tensei Eden]
真·女神転生 エル·セイラム [Shin Megami Tensei El-Salem] 1-4 set
真·女神転生 if... [Shin Megami Tensei if...]
真·女神転生IIINocturne コトワリの書 ~デビルズ&ダンジョンズ~ [Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne KOTOWARI NO SHO Devil's & Dungeon's]
真·女神転生 III Nocturne [Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne]
真·女神転生デビルサマナーのすべて [All of Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner]
真·女神転生デビルサマナー 悪魔召喚師 [Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner - Devil Summoner Master Official Guidebook Basic]
真·女神転生デビルサマナー 悪魔召喚師 公式ガイドブック·ファイナル [Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner - Devil Summoner Master Official Guidebook Final]
デビルサマナーソウルハッカーズ 悪魔合体の書 [Devil Summoner Soul Hackers - Devil Unite Guide]
デビルサマナーソウルハッカーズ 公式ガイドブック [Devil Summoner Soul Hackers Official Guidebook]
魔神転生攻略の手引き  [Majin Tensei Guide of the capture]
女神異聞録ペルソナのすべて 我想う, ゆえに我り任 [Megami Ibunroku All of Persona Cogito Ergosum]
女神異聞録ペルソナ & ペルソナ2罪 コミックペルソナ学園祭'99 [Megami Ibunroku Persona & Persona 2 Innocent Sin comic persona school festival'99]
女神異聞録ペルソナ ギャグパラダイス [Megami Ibunroku Persona Gag Paradise]
女神異聞録ペルソナ 異界化都市 コミックアンソロジー [Megami Ibunroku Persona IKAI-KA TOSHI comic anthology]
女神異聞録ペルソナ 楽園の扉 コミックアンソロジー [Megami Ibunroku Persona RAKUENNOTOBIRA comic anthology]
女神異聞録ペルソナ手とり足とり公式ガイド [Megami Ibunroku Persona Very attentively Official Guide]
ペルソナ2罰 4コマギャグバトルスペシャル [Persona 2 Eternal Punishment 4coma gag battle special]
ペルソナ2罰 ポジティブ·シンキング編 4コマギャグバトル [Persona 2 Eternal Punishment Positive Thinking 4coma gag battle]
ペルソナ2罰 償いし者たち コミックアンソロジー [Persona 2 Eternal Punishment TSUGUNAISHI MOTACHI comic anthology]
ペルソナ2罪&罰 4コマギャグバトルスペシャル [Persona 2 Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment 4coma gag battle special]
ペルソナ2罪&罰 コミックアンソロジースペシャル [Persona 2 Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment comic anthology special]
ペルソナ2罪&罰 コミックペルソナ·シチィ [Persona 2 Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment comic persona city]
ペルソナ2罪 4コマギャグバトル [Persona 2 Innocent Sin 4coma gag battle]
ペルソナ2罪 イノセント·チルドレン コミックアンソロジー [Persona 2 Innocent Sin Innocent Children comic anthology]
ペルソナ2罪 イノセント·メモリー コミックアンソロジー  [Persona 2 Innocent Sin Innocent Memory comic anthology]
ペルソナ2罪 ショートコミック天国 [Persona 2 Innocent Sin Short Comic Tengoku]
ペルソチ~罪と罰~ [Persona Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment](Jump Comics) 1-3 set
真·女神転生デビルサマナー 封印されし魂 [Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner FUUIN SARESHI TAMASHII]
真·女神転生II TOKYOミレニアム  [Shin Megami Tensei II Tokyo Millennium]
真·女神転生カーン 虚飾の楽園上 [Shin Megami Tensei KAHN KYOSHONORAKUEN previous]
女神異聞録ペルソナ スペルカード 4コマギャグバトル [Megami Ibunroku Persona Spell Card 4coma gag battle]
女神異聞録ペルソナ スウィートトラップ 4コマギャグバトル [Megami Ibunroku Persona Sweet Trap 4coma gag battle]
ペルソナ2罰 4コママンガ劇場 [Persona 2 Eternal Punishment 4coma manga theater]
ペルソナ2罰 デジャ·ヴュ 4コマギャグバトル [Persona 2 Eternal Punishment Deja Vu 4coma gag battle]
ペルソナ2罰 迷いし者たち コミックアンソロジー [Persona 2 Eternal Punishment MAYOISHI MOTACHI comic anthology]
ペルソナ2罰 許されざる者たち コミックアンソロジー [Persona 2 Eternal Punishment YURUSAREZARU MOTACHI comic antology]
ペルソナ2罪 4コママンガ劇場 [Persona 2 Innocent Sin 4coma manga theater]
ペルソナ2罪 花言葉 4コマギャグバトル [Persona 2 Innocent Sin Language of Flowers 4coma gag battle]
真·女神転生II コミックアンソロジー [Shin·Digital Devil Story II comic antology]
真·女神転生 真世紀黙示録 コミックアンソロジー [Shin·Digital Devil Story True century Apocalypse comic antology]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: