DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:24:14 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Read 28656 times)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: September 07, 2005, 03:17:09 AM »
Spoilers of the whole movie:
http://flaregamer.com/b2article.php?p=107&more=1
http://www.final-fantasy.it/venice_redux.html

Sounds good and yay for more Aerith! (If you read it and want to post about the reviews, please mark spoilers...)

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 08:08:10 AM »
Not going to read those spoilers, but, I hope Aerith and Reno have decent roles, and cool scenes.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005, 09:22:21 PM »
According to just about...every news site (from slashdot to Joystiq), Advent Children has been leaked. Though, it seems everyone is making a big deal out of something they already knew was going to happen -- much like with pretty much every movie that's released. I've yet to watch it, heh.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005, 07:48:56 AM »
Alright, so, I saw Advent Children. A lot of it confused me -- especially near the end. Though, there was a lot of Reno kicking ass, so, that's cool, and there were some amusing scenes involving Reno and Rude -- like when [spoiler]Reno accidentally smacks Rude in the face with his rod-stick-thing[/spoiler], or when [spoiler]Reno steps on Rude's glasses and Rude gets that look on his face[/spoiler], oh, and when [spoiler]that big sign falls on Rude's head[/spoiler]. I also liked the appearance of [spoiler]Rufus, without his cloak[/spoiler], though, I don't think there was enough [spoiler]Aerith[/spoiler], which was kind of disappointing. I'd like to have seen more Cid, as well. Oh well. One thing that really confused me was... [spoiler]Was Aerith the one that the Silver-Haired-Gang, as well as Cloud, were referring to when they would say "Mother"? I'm sure they really thought it was Jenova, but...Could Aerith have been the "Mother"? Near the end, I believe it's Aerith who states that "How many times is it that you called me Mother now?" or something -- so, yeah. Confusion.[/spoiler].

It'd probably be a bit less confusing if I had played the game more recently (I haven't played it in over 5 years). I want to get the OST, as well -- I like all the arranges of Aerith's Theme that played -- especially the kind of "Ethereal" version. Overall, it wasn't as good as I was hoping it'd be -- parts of it really drag on, especially the fight scenes. I think they should've included a bit more depth to the characters, rather than just 5 minute appearances of the team.

Also, Barret should look into getting a better Arm Gun.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 08:24:57 AM by Heat »

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 02:59:37 AM »
Rufus looks like Paine...*hides from Rufus fans* THOUGH I THINK HE IS COOL! >_>;

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: September 15, 2005, 03:02:10 AM »
Quote from: Argilla
Rufus looks like Paine...*hides from Rufus fans* THOUGH I THINK HE IS COOL! >_>;
o_O WTF? Do you mean Reno, or do  you actually mean Rufus? I don't think they look anything alike... Explain? O_O

edit: And they really should've called "Reno" "Rufus", instead, as it makes a lot more sense, seeing as how Reno is the one with Red hair.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 03:04:28 AM by Heat »

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: September 15, 2005, 03:10:44 AM »
Rufus...his hair reminds me of Paine.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #22 on: September 15, 2005, 03:13:35 AM »
Rufus...his hair reminds me of Paine.
It sort of does -- in my avatar, at least. Though, it's a lot more clear in the movie, and doesn't look anything like it (his is a lot longer, I think, and blonde). I'd post some screenshots, but iunno if that'd be considered a spoiler or not.

Anyways, I was thinking you meant Reno because I think his hair is a bit more like Paine's. Though, I wish he'd get rid of the mullet...

Oh yeah. Anyone notice how in the beginning of the movie, Elena calls Tseng "Shion"? I think someone else in the movie refers to him as "Shion", as well... Why is that? Is that not Tseng, or is Shion his real name or something? I never beat FFVII -- I got to the second disc and lost my save, so, I'm not sure if "Shion" is just another Turk that looks like Tseng or what... edit 2: Nevermind, I guess Tseng and Shion are pretty much the same thing, just using different romanji systems.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 03:53:32 AM by Heat »

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: September 16, 2005, 12:51:11 AM »
Quote from: Tetsuya Nomura
"The PS3 tech demo was actually not the perfect forum that he wanted to have. It was just timing that we had to submit something in time for E3, for the press conference. So, again, it was not perfect forum. And the 7 remake idea was always, always in conversation, just because it's so popular. And then just because of that tech demo here in the PS3 conference, that probably based more expectations of fans, obviously."
From a 1UP Article. Seems a remake might not be that out of the question. Though, I don't care either way, it'd be nice to hear an arranged version of Final Fantasy VII's OST.

edit: Another news article on a possible remake of Final Fantasy VII. So, I guess the answer is: If he has time.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 12:32:36 PM by Heat »

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: September 16, 2005, 05:55:12 AM »
Just saw the movie...sorta eh. :\ Thought it was going to be awesome like everyone made it out to be but it's good. Not worth buying though...>_>;

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: September 16, 2005, 07:11:11 AM »
Just saw the movie...sorta eh. :\ Thought it was going to be awesome like everyone made it out to be but it's good. Not worth buying though...>_>;

It's Final Fantasy, of course it isn't worth buying. I'd give it a 5/10 at most, honestly the only things about the movie I liked were Reno, Rufus, and some of the FFVII Arranges. I think if they had spread it out a bit, and made it a bit longer, it could've been better. Oh well.

Kikoken
Overlord Your Face Up

View Profile Email
Kikoken phones it in,
 « Reply #26 on: September 27, 2005, 05:19:20 PM »
I actually saw it recently, and but prior to that, I was going to buy the DVD when it came out. Luckily, I did not and am glad for that. I was excited though, like Argilla, to see Aerith.

Love is like war; easy to begin, and hard to end. That's why I dislike it so.

"I don't want to earn a living, I want to live."

Don't anthropomorphize computers - they hate it.

One thing you must remember- "You are NOT your post count."

Kikoken has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #27 on: October 01, 2005, 06:46:04 PM »
I saw the movie a while back,and I enjoyed it a lot.I also heard it was sold out in Japan,to the point,people started coughing up 400 bucks for the Limited Edition Box set for AC.

The OST is also really wonderful to listen to.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #28 on: October 01, 2005, 06:50:50 PM »
I've not seen it yet, but am I the only one that didn't really care that Aerith (I guess this is what we all call her now, but I'm used to "Aeris" lol) died at all? You spend such little time with her and while she's important to the story in many ways, I can't exactly say I got attached to her.

Now, if Tifa died, I might be a little sad.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: October 01, 2005, 06:56:31 PM »
Quote from: Tony
I've not seen it yet, but am I the only one that didn't really care that Aerith (I guess this is what we all call her now, but I'm used to "Aeris" lol) died at all? You spend such little time with her and while she's important to the story in many ways, I can't exactly say I got attached to her.

Now, if Tifa died, I might be a little sad.

I've come to the conclusion that there's two kinds of people in this world: Those that prefer Aerith, and those that prefer Tifa. Obviously you're not going to care about one character if you prefer the other. I liked Aerith. Kind of felt bad near the beginning when she's trying to sell flowers... Right. My favorite "Cloud Love Interest" will always be Jessie, though.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: