DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:10:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: For how long will CAVE block gaijin IMAGINE IPs?? (Read 9181 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: June 04, 2009, 07:25:02 PM »
This is a short and simple sticky until the block is lifted. I don’t know much except I can’t login, and I’ve sunk hours into this game, and can’t wrap my head around the entity that would just pull the plug on that sort of investment for someone else. So in short, this is a petition. To pledge, not to spend any money on Megaten products from any region until the block is lifted. You don’t have to play on the Japanese server to sign the petition - ie. leave a comment. Just agree it’s a shitty thing to do, and the wrong way to treat your fans. We live in a day when pirating software is much easier than ponying up at your nearest retailer. This site makes no bones about piracy, it’s a personal decision, made by people who fill like they’re being served or not.

We understand CAVE feels there servers have been compromised, and have decided to block foreign IPs until they feel secure. But let’s make it clear to all entities profiting from Megaten merchandise, we won’t stand to see this go on indefinitely.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:23:51 PM »
Wait, wait, wait!! Are you telling me, that people outside Japan, can't play (the Japanese) IMAGINE? 'Cause if that's the case, then fuck it! My only character is at Lv 21 and I spend a LOT  of time reaching that spot (thanks to the shitty connection and poor RAM) and I haven't played since almost 6 months, (I even uninstalled the game from my comp) and now they prohibit foreign players to play? ... Well, another reason to not install the game again :P and I don't have the time to spent, playing the IMAGINE version from Aeria  frown

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 08:52:11 PM »
Well your time spent is just a drop in a bucket then compared to others!!

Most probably... eventually the block will be lifted. But for now yes, we are blocked from accessing our accounts by normal means. If we are ever required to register a domestic street address with our account, then that would probably signify an official lockout. So far foreign IPs are just blocked from connecting. Which though I don't have time to read the official press releases myself, reports seem to be saying CAVE believes (probably with good reason) their servers were somehow hacked, and feels blocking foreign IPs is a practical act of triage until the security hole in question can be isolated.

It would be nice to make it clear immediately however that a permanent block will not be tolerated. I for one won't be paying money for Megaten merchandise until my char is playable again cool

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:56:42 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:46:19 PM »
What a big issue we have here :S Too bad for CAVE for the hacking and too bad for foreign players! That doesn't seem like a good way to solve things. Hope everything turns right.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 01:29:34 AM »
What? Srsly?! Noooo, my Dragons ;_______; I was about lv41 last time I logged in. I can't bring myself to even consider playing the English one after my awful semi-playthrough in the CB x.X If I knew how to use a proxy, would that work and bypass the block? [Am I even using the term "proxy" in the correct sense here? XD] I hope it's only a temp thing, I know people who've spent rl money and I'm sure they'd be pissed by not being able to get back in the game too [I'm just a freeloader, but eh ^^;]

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 05:44:23 AM »
Yeah, proxies work of course, though the official reason for the current block is to keep gaijin from hacking the game/severs (supposedly just to narrow down the odds of a repeat hack) ...so proxies are a form of network hacking, which could theoretically get you in trouble. I learned recently that for now you can just login via proxy, then disable it once you're in the game. You'd think that wouldn't be the case if CAVE really wanted to slow down hackers.

Technically if you were on a VPN, you wouldn't be hacking. Because VPNs don't have regions assigned to their IPs, you basically come from nowhere. Of course I'm not sure if the policy is to block foreigners, or just to block anyone not coming from a known Japanese IP.

Bottom line, people shouldn't put up with this sort of shit if the block doesn't go away soon. Megaten is a big franchise with multiple vendors/producers, so we could send a message that such a move would be explosive financially for Atlus and crew if we weren't just a bunch of unorganized, immobilized, lily-livered, punks rainbow

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 09:07:18 PM »
A commenter let us know that the block has been ended. I'm testing it right now. And if all works out we can be done with this sticky business asap...

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: