DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:36:15 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obsure Megaten Merchandise! [Samrecarm'd Edition] (Read 31207 times)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « on: June 14, 2009, 10:09:32 PM »
Hey everyone, this thread is back for another go! *crickets chirp* Okay, so maybe there isn't so much going on around here as there used to be, so I'm going to try to liven it up with some pics of super-special-awesome merchandise that, for the most part, you could probably only find in Japan. Click links to get to the source [which usually has more pictures :p]

SMTIII: Nocturne TCG Boxed Set

Comes with a starter deck and, in this case, a figure of Chiaki. There are two other sets that come with either Hitoshura or Isamu as well.

SMTII: TRPG Book

You know, if this didn't say SMT on the front I wouldn't have believed it had anything to do with it XD I guess this is for those D&D players who need a change of pace :p

SMTIII: Nocturne TRPG Book

Ooh, one for Nocturne too. Yea, seems like there's a ton of different TRPG books around the auctions; guess the economy means more people are going back to RP basics :p [Another auction of 3 HERE.]

SMT: Devil Children - White Book [GBC]

The third of the 3 Devil Children games for the GB/GBC; the others being Red Book and Black Book. The main character's partner demon is a chimaera [I haven't actually taken a try at this game yet ^^;]

Devichil Promotional Flyer

Wow, I think this is an actual flyer that was made to promote the release of the Devil Children series in other countries [since this company, TMS, has the rights to the first half of the first season]. Too bad it never went through; I'd have watched it back in those pokemon/digimon/monster rancher days [who am I kidding though, I'd still consider watching it nowadays too XD]

SMT: Grimore Chaos Museum

...This doesn't look like a game guidebook, but I have no idea what it actually is o.O

Sudama Plush/Pillow

Apparently this is a not for sale but it's an official piece of merchandise? Sudamas are boring though XD

SMT: Collectible Book[?]

Because Google translate fails, I'm not too sure what this book is all about; it seems too thick to be one of those fan-made doujinshi books, and it's also not noted as an "anthology" of any kind [short story/4-koma]. It could be a beginner's guide to the fairy clan, who knows :p

Jack Frost's Character Song

Yes, apparently Jack Frost can sing o.O This is the Jack Frost from the first Devil Children anime series, so I guess a character song as a ways of merchandising was inevitable; Mirai, Setsuna, Kuul the Cerberus, Viel the Gryphon, and Fenrir & Abbadon [Lucifer's lackeys] also have songs. Yes, you should be afraid XD [The intro themes are pretty catchy though ^^;]

Digital Devil Story series TCG

Looks like these are more than collectibles like one of the other sets I've seen; I summon Lucifer in attack mode! :p [Nope, I have no idea how to play XD]

Digital Devil Story Chronicle

Yea, these are the not-playable cards I mentioned; you just collect them for the pretty arts [wait, that's pretty much what I do with all the TCG/CCG cards I own ^^;]

SMT: NINE - Deluxe Pack [XBOX]

Box is open but everything's there and sealed. Staring bid's 1,000Y [About $10] XD

SMTIII: Nocturne Special DVD

Hey, this is different from the one I have, wonder what's on it?

SMT Devil Encyclopedia & Nocturne Maniax Perfect Guide

I still want that encyclopedia ;>> And I refuse to pay $60 used when it was sold 2,600Y new not that long ago. [it's a huge book, like 500+ pages! With lots of pictures, lol]

Various SMTIII: Nocturne Doujinshi

I love these XD I actually own most of the ones pictured [I think there's just one I don't have ^^;] They are either compilations of short stories by various artists or a bunch of 4-komas [basically 1-liner comic strips] done by various artists. The 4-koma ones are usually pretty slapstick-based or game-based humor, so not much Japanese knowledge is usually needed to enjoy them :p The short stories aren't usually as entertaining, but the art is higher quality.

SMT If.. School Bag

It features the same school uniform/logo as the one used in the game. Looks sturdy enough to be useful even for the non-cosplayers.

Speaking of cosplayers...a Narumi outfit! [You could probably get away with wearing that as a normal suit though too I think :p]

SMTIII: Nocturne PS2 Memory Card

Damn, I want this too! XD It's just a regular 8MB memory card, and it comes with a case.

If you plan on searching around yourselves, here's a few Japanese phrases you can use:
Shin Megami Tensei = 真・女神転生
Digital Devil Saga Avatar Tuner: アバタール・チューナー
Devil Children: デビルチルドレン

As always, enjoy! :3

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:16:45 PM by Jessicat »

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 11:12:46 PM »
It would be nice to have all of this stuff on the website in the Collectibles area somewhere. Do you ever save these images?

I've been meaning to setup a "Media Library" system so anyone can upload images to the website under their user id. But I haven't gotten around to it, both because of other stuff I've been interested in, and the general air of disinterest around here of late sweatdrop

PS: Wordpress has it's own Media Library upload feature for Contributors, but it never works right via my connection personally. If you'd like to try to make a page, you could maybe try it.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 11:19:25 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 11:45:38 PM »
Honestly I only save the few that are of interest to me and/or I need for future refs to hunt down for myself ^^; I could take better quality pics/scans of the stuff I do own personally [I'm a bit of a junkie for merchandise really XD cards, figures, books, games...] I've been considering making my own makeshift hoard-of-stuff website just to throw pictures/movies and other stuff/files to keep it all in one place, but I do have some big files that probably won't fit using those beginner website/webspace things ^^; If I knew how to/what you were talking about I guess I could try it o.O;

And so I don't go totally off-topic:

My Raiho plush [with Kirara ^^;]

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 12:19:57 AM »
I was just wondering if you save this stuff on a personal machine somewhere. I think a lot of the image hosting services will let you keep very large images in great quantities up on the internet in very public places. That has been my observations at least... I've never been enough of an image purveyor myself to make my own image hosting account.

Just seems like a shame knowing these images will probably disappear sooner or later.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 06:09:12 AM »
If you ever do nab that encyclopedia we could translate it for the Encyclopedia section. Always nice to have some official words/content.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 11:51:28 AM »
I want this so badly eek

And these ones are really cool too! biggrin

Found them at Flickr, so there's no purchase link. sick

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 11:42:44 PM »
Emilio, those could be limited/custom made figures, so they'd probably be really expensive if they were for sale [I think Aegis has a price tag of 10,000Y; that's about $100USD].
You could take a look HERE for Persona-related figures for sale/coming soon.

I don't have anything else new to show off [since I'm too lazy to look right now] ^^;

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 12:55:16 PM »
eek $100 Wow, that's too much for me. Thanks for the link, though. Well, Tatsuya's figurine is in "coming soon", so I'll probably wait to see if the price is affordable.

oh, wait! Assembly Required and Painting Required? They're putting things more difficult for me. nolaff

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 12:22:01 PM »
eek $100 Wow, that's too much for me. Thanks for the link, though. Well, Tatsuya's figurine is in "coming soon", so I'll probably wait to see if the price is affordable.

oh, wait! Assembly Required and Painting Required? They're putting things more difficult for me. nolaff
Yea, the only thing keeping me from considering those; I can't paint [well, I probably could, just not too well XD] There were also some DDS2 figures as well, I didn't even know those existed! o.O [No Dyaus though -_-]

Also, THIS ebay auction shows a bunch of pages from the Demon Encyclopedia book [but now they want $90+ CAD for it when they clearly state the cover price in the description. Yea...no ;>>]

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »
Is that encyclopedia produced/sanctified(?) by Atlus? The illustrations don't seem to be Atlus artwork...

Oh and is just for Nocturne?? (or what game is that?)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 05:17:35 PM »
BTW! The buy it now price on that link is now down to like 56USD+9S/H (if that makes a diff)

PS: That actually seems pretty good. All games seem to be there as well... if you do buy it, please scan it for us (ha ha)

It would actually be a nice way to jump start the Encyclopedia section...

UPDATE: Apparently it's part of a "30% off" sale...

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:28:21 PM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 12:01:01 AM »
I think it encompasses most of the SMT games up until Nocturne; the artwork is probably what Kaneko derived the demons from and/or what they're more "traditionally" portrayed as? I think there's even a section for demon geography [where they originated from XD]
And I bet I could probably get it cheaper through a yahoo japan auction service or something; that seller started off great [lots of $1 auctions] but now they overprice [used] books and then overcharge the shipping too ;>> If I'm going to invest in a book that big, [almost 600 pages,] I want a shiny new copy XD Though for some reason I can't stand to rip apart books like that; which means if I was going to undertake a scanning venture I'd need 2 copies ^^;;
I do remember seeing another encyclopedia, for SMT2 I think, lots of pictures, stats and stuff [I can't remember where I found it though ^^;]

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »
People don't really tear up books to scan them do they? That wouldn't be necessary anyway... eventually it would be nice to translate the book.

I've never heard of a cheap auction surrogate... and it's really a hassle if you've never done it before (read: and even if you have done it before)

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 01:44:01 PM »
Hey, half of this topic is gone ;>> Oh well, at least I can show this off:

...this is probably of of those "you know you're obsessed with SMT when..." sorts of things :p Got it customized, and it's surprisingly really well made [the material isn't canvas, it's waterproof.] I considered putting Lucifer instead of Samael, but I figured a naked angel might turn more heads than necessary XD

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 09:22:50 PM »
Hmmm, saw this and thought I saw it somewhere before...do we care about [blatant] image theft? XD [pics are links to sources]
See: and:

And now, more accessible SMT merch available on ebay: [as usual, pics = links to source, and usually more pics :3]
For all you card fanatics, there's one user selling a bunch of decks and boxes of some of the older DDS[Digital Devil Story] cards, and a few new things [if anyone really wanted Trinity Soul cards, they're there too :p] Pics = link to shop's MT segment.

And here's a look inside that SMT Grimore book. [I think I might buy it, it looks kinda interesting ^^;]

Which of the Digital Devil Pandemonium books are/were uploaded here? There's pics from both books here [there's a characters one too, but that's boring, lol]

THIS user has a few books for sale; I recommend this one, only because I have it already and can say there's lots of awesome pictures in it XD [well, if you can read it, that's a plus too :p]

Also THIS user has some games and books as well.
Now one of those random SMT TRPG books is available for the masses! [oh joy o.O] Also not sure which books they have there are guide or guide/art books, so feel free to take a gamble [they have that 10th anniversary book for sale here too.]

With 1 week left to bid, this seems to be a set of pre-order merch from the Euro edition of DDS1. Yay for cheap cosplay XD

Or if you want to go all out this Halloween...

That's about all for now. Enjoy! :3

« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 10:21:05 PM by Jessicat »

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: