DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:49:01 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripped it, now watch it! [SMTIII Documentary] (Read 90211 times)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « on: June 11, 2009, 01:54:53 AM »
EDIT: The DVD has been ripped and is currently being seeded. The torrent is attached to this post. Alternatively, you can view the different segments on either Veoh or Viddler.
A few screenshots from the documentary and scans of the cover/insert/disc can also be found HERE.
Enjoy! :3

~~~

Guess who's back? :p [I thought the forums here died for some reason o.O]
Anyways, I picked up a shiny new copy of the SMTIII documentary that was released waaay back around the time the first [non-maniax edition] was released. Although I don't understand much, it's divided into 2 main parts: SMT history, and the making/behind the scenes/commentary about Nocturne. Extra features include short trailer-like movies describing the main SMT series past, CG to 3D demons [with a few animations], and a personality test/thing to see what your alignment is.
Now, only the first half of the documentary [history part] has Japanese subtitles, the other half has 2 Japanese audio tracks [I'm guessing the one I wasn't using was surround sound]. No English subs obviously.
Now most of this stuff I figure is pretty dated by now, but there is some neat stuff too [if only my PSCS3 would stop crashing after opening 5 pics at a time so I can convert the screenshots I have to anything but BMP ;>> I'd have posted them here now.]
The Alpha version of the game, SMT: Kerberos [a tech demo thing I think], and the alternate places/opening featuring Lilith [SMTIII: Vortex] were noteable as they were most of the parts that weren't interview scenes ^^;
Now, if I can figure out how to rip this all up, would it even be worthwhile? [it's bigger than those Devil Children eps I ripped earlier I'm sure o.O] It is kinda old news and it's mostly talking with Kaneko, Cozy, and the rest of the dev. team. Sooo yea, some opinions would be great. Or at least chat until I can eventually get these screens up here ^^;

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:37:53 PM by Jessicat »

* ShinMegamiTenseiIIINocturne_SpecialDVD_[ACE].torrent (20.36 KB - downloaded 921 times.)

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:53:19 AM »
Sounds interesting. I think some people might just like to see video of the people that make SMT happen.

Of course we're presently in no position to host video. Though I'd be happy to download a copy from somewhere once it's ripped in case we ever can host such a thing. Best option would be to upload it to Youtube or some other embed-able video hosting service. Then we could definitely make a page of it.

I'd love to see all the vids on the old site I had to take down put on Youtube as well, so we could put them back.

I'm supposed to be developing a Media Library system, so we don't even have to host images and stuff directly. Also so people can just upload stuff with impunity to the site, like a giant scrapbook or something.

I'm just trying to find a way to make anyone give a hoot about the website in this day and age. Though I gotta admit, I don't have a ton of enthusiasm lately. In fact the truth is the only reason I really have been developing the site for a long time, is because I'm sort of using it to develop a template for future websites and teaching myself internet tech.

PS: Always good to see some signs of life around here smokin

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:10:45 AM »
Awesome! Welcome back, Jessicat!! biggrin I'm interested as always, sounds cool! grinani

Btw Jessicat, I hope we can keep up with the "Obscure Megaten Merchandise" thread. Those were good times.  keke

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 02:55:56 PM »
If you think you can be much of a fixture around here, let us know if you'd like to help with moderation. You don't technically have to do anything really, but it would look better at least if Emilio didn't have to bear the brunt of it all (truthfully there's nothing much to moderate -- but a larger onboard "staff" presence might make others feel more comfortable pitching in sweatdrop)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:57:36 PM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:34:37 PM »
If you think you can be much of a fixture around here, let us know if you'd like to help with moderation. You don't technically have to do anything really, but it would look better at least if Emilio didn't have to bear the brunt of it all (truthfully there's nothing much to moderate -- but a larger onboard "staff" presence might make others feel more comfortable pitching in sweatdrop)
o.O Well I dunno if if would make any difference if I was or not anyways then XD Sure, I guess I could pitch in as a part-time mod if only so Emilio isn't tethered to the forums 24/7 :p

As for the documentary, click the pic below to go to a few screenshots I took [and had to convert from bmp because they were stupidly huge ;>>]

[I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this would make a good wallpaper if it was bigger ^^;]

Now I need to go and figure out how to use that DVD ripping thing all over again -_-

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:47:27 PM »
What's really going on here with all the 3D Persona 2 and Devil Summoner characters? Is this not about SMTIII? 5innocent2

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 07:35:51 PM »
What's really going on here with all the 3D Persona 2 and Devil Summoner characters? Is this not about SMTIII? 5innocent2
Ah, they were going on about the transition from 2D to 3D I think [well, SMTIII was the first SMT game in actual full 3D I believe, I'm guessing those other characters were practice tests, or maybe a potential crossover that failed ^^; Yay for knowing 0 Japanese XD]

Also, just added scans of the DVD cover, insert, and disc to the image page too [nothing exciting, but yea XD]

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 06:20:14 AM »
What forums would you like to help Moderate? Mostly the moderators are encouraged to help us pass out karma when users do something of special merit. It's kind of a way of showing seniority/influence around here, should users choose to exercise it.

Moderators can give karma, but any user can report a post for karma (or naughtiness) ...which then gets passed to the acting moderators. We've been pretty lax about karma lately, but we try to encourage contributors to post records of their contribution in their credits thread in the SoS board which can be used for a karma round up (and is the only real accounting of credits effort)

I will add you to all the game boards if you don't mind. Just because Emilio is the only user on those boards... though actually he is the only real acting moderator around here (if we ever needed one)

Neao posts only once in a blue moon, so assuming he's not reading. DevilRy went all "The Exorcist" on the website. I'm just leaving his stuff around in case he ever feels like returning (this place needs any help it can get) ...he contributed a lot, but he actually demanded I remove his stuff, and stole away a copy of MIP I'd lent him as retribution (because I wouldn't) sooo....

PS: Any chance of sharing the DVD image somehow? Or are you just resigned to ripping the video portion?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:23:48 AM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »
Actually I took a look at the disc contents and the chapters are divided weirdly; I need to finish reading up on the program I'm using [last week was really hecktic, and me and my family went out for most of the day saturday ^^;] not avoiding it on purpose tho :p I guess some of the interactive/static image stuff isn't rippable either o.O
[wow, this forum is phone-friendly XD]

*edit* Phew, its nice to be back on an actual computer XD

DVD movie ripping is happening as I type, though I think it'll be bits and pieces unless I can figure out how to merge all the chapter AVIs ^^; Here's hoping I've got the quality to dimensions ratio down; I kept getting the extremes [ugly JPEG-ish fuzzyness or 20+MB per minute of movie o.O] so here's hoping it's a tolerable medium [and that my laptop doesn't melt/crash ;>>]

Ah, I'm daft, a DVD ISO/Image/thing might work even better... Although that would also require another program to find and figure out how to use XD [that's the problem of specialized programs; I swear I have a zillion codecs as well o.O]
Some people are dumb like me and would rather watch it straight up too you know? [And it probably will be kind of huge; about 4.12GB of huge x.x] I guess I'll try for both and hope I have enough HD space by the end of this ^^;

As for mod duties, I guess I could take charge in the "MT Uncensored" area, since that's where I'm most active anyways ^^; I admit I've never really paid much attention to the Karma system, I've seen it on other forums but never really cared about it, lol. I can't really say I've contributed much here other than my extreme Devil Children dorky-ness :p [that reminds me, I have more cards to scan too XD]

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:24:35 PM by Jessicat »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 03:30:58 PM »
And another small update: got the main documentary parts ripped [history, making of, and a small other chapter I don't remember seeing o.O] and uploading to my veoh [they're JP, no subs]. I'll try to get more screenshots of the static/non-movie parts and the short trailer-ish profiles ripped later today, but no promises [my laptop likes to crash/overheat a lot -_-]
PS, sorry for the double-post, can't edit on phone mode ^^;

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 08:17:49 PM »
You don't have to worry about double posting anymore, it's OK in here.  wink

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 10:24:10 PM »
We would prefer if you double-posted (triple of whatever) if your posts are more than a few minutes apart. But it's always safer to just double-post!!

I will try to find a phone simulation solution and make the website more phone friendly/cool. I knew the website supported this sort of thing, but have never looked into it. I know because the theme editors always default to mobile mode.

PS: I don't think your posts should be saying N/A ...I'm sure I meant to take that out eventually smokin

Funny though...

If you're trying to make a custom subject, please let me know. Either way, this is a bug~

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:33:33 AM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 10:26:36 PM »
It's such a habit from other furms I go to ^^; ANYways, more importantly, the main documentary parts are fully uploaded on Veoh. Check it out HERE. So far the 2 documentary part [history and making of nocturne] and some random other chapter [looks like a discussion/interview about nocturne with...some people. lol]. Should show up online to watch very soon if it isn't already ^^;
Working through ripping the small trailer/synopsis things still, might not get those viewable until later tomorrow ^^;
Enjoy! :3

[Yea, the mobile version is very basic, no pics, but good if you just need to pop in and see if anything new's happened ^^;]

*edit* yea, the "N/A" appeared there on my topic titles in phone mode; it only gives me one text box to type stuff, so I dunno how that got there since I didn't type it in o.O

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:38:46 PM by Jessicat »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 01:32:53 AM »
Oh yeah, that totally explains the N/A actually!! Now I'm wondering what the mobile view looks like...

Can you explain to me the advantages of Veoh versus Youtube? Could we host Veoh stuff on the website and not expect it to disappear for that matter?

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 07:27:49 AM »
I found a Winwap emulator that is free, and a Smartphone emulator that is 23$ shareware. Both see the bbs in different ways that are probably custom programmed. Wordpress doesn't have any wap facilities installed however. I thought it did, but now I remember looking up what the alternate Wordpress mode was, and it was Right to Left reading (I thought it was phone mode because it was so underdeveloped)

To be honest I'd hate to use the internet this way (and as you can guess I don't get cell phones -- though I love subnotebook portables)

I might try to make the smartphone service a little better before my free-trial runs out, but I doubt I will get into it. The website's budget isn't enough to pay for the license unfortunately. It can't even pay for a year of hosting as is sweatdrop

PS: I will look into making the main website as phone friendly as possible...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: