DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:08:37 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: Devil Summoner 2 Making Headlines (Read 17949 times)
wolfzau
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
Remember that you are mortal
wolfzau phones it in,
 « on: May 13, 2009, 09:29:37 AM »
Is Devil Summoner 2 everything a good sequel should be? Apparently so....

The recently released “Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon" seems to be worth the money if the internet is anything to go by. Released on May 12th, the sequel to the popular first installment has gathered a rather high number of positive reviews. None of which seem to fall below the 80% mark. A high achievement indeed.

"So hot it's glowing"

"So what's the reason for this?" we hear you ask. Improved combat, graphics and extra content (not to mention multiple endings and story progression) are just some of the things praised with almost every review also adding that the game is a vast improvement over it's predecessor in just about every way possible. But don't take our word for it. Below this article are some snippets from reviewers and the links to their respective sites so be sure to check them out for yourself.

RPGFan.com: "...one of the most vastly improved sequels I've ever played for an RPG." link
Thunderboltgames.com: "Raidou vs King Abaddon feels like the product of a company that listens to it's customers." link
Destructoid.com: "Shin Megami Tensei and Devil Summoner series fans, we shouldn't even need to say it: You need this game." link
1Up.com: ...the total revamp of the battle system makes Devil Summoner 2 more than "more of the same." link

EDIT: haven't added the url's to the link buttons as I can't for the life of me figure out how to hide them behind the links but if this goes to Wordpress I can do it then

EDIT 2: also I couldn't think of anything better for the title so if you wanna change it go ahead

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:21:30 PM by yksehtniycul »

wolfzau has 32 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 02:30:41 PM »
Gonna need you to make a WordPress post for this one smokin

PS: Sorry if I seem absent lately... been spending all my free internet banter time over at http://swordofmoonlight.com/ doh

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »
Hope you don't mind... I changed the title and generally picked everything apart a bit rainbow

The graphic seems to disappear every other time I load the page... so don't let me forget to copy it over to the website asap ok doh

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:19:33 PM by yksehtniycul »

VMee
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
viewtiful_mee@yahoo.it
VMee phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 05:40:25 AM »
Here is the italian translation of the post, as always....If you need something just PM me, as always:)  biggrin

Devil Summoner 2 in prima pagina

Il seguito di Devil Summoner sta mantenendo le promesse?
Scopriamolo....
"Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon" sembra valere i vostri soldi, così dice la rete. Uscito il 12 Maggio, il seguito del popolare primo episodio ha ottenuto un numero piuttosto alto di recensioni positive, nessuna delle quali sembra scendere sotto gli 8 punti su 10. Decisamente un buon risultato.
Ecco alcuni stralci da internet...
RPGFan.com >> "...Uno dei sequel più migliorati rispetto all'episodio precedente che abbia mai giocato."
Thunderboltgames.com >> "Raidou vs King Abaddon è il prodotto di una compagnia che ascolta i suoi clienti."
Destructoid.com >> "Fan di Shin Megami Tensei e Devil Summoner, non dobbiamo neanche dirlo: avete bisogno di questo gioco!"
1Up.com >> "...la revisione totale del sistema di combattimento rende Devil Summoner 2 molto più che una semplice aggiunta."

Allora cos'è che rende tutti così eccitati? Combattimento migliorato, grafica e contenuti extra (per non parlare della trama e i finali multipli) sono solo alcune delle cose che quasi ogni recensione ha elogiato, aggiungendo il fatto che il gioco è molto migliorato rispetto al predecessore in ogni aspetto possibile. Ma noi siamo di parte;)

Henshin a Go-Go, baby!!!!

VMee has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
wolfzau
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
Remember that you are mortal
wolfzau phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 07:48:23 AM »
Hope you don't mind... I changed the title and generally picked everything apart a bit rainbow

I don't mind. You are the boss after all   biggrin

I see myself more in a whipping boy capacity  smokin

EDIT: Oh, and great job Luca. If only I could translate as fast... :)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 07:51:47 AM by wolfzau »

wolfzau has 32 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 05:03:49 PM »
Well first things first... I'm definitely not the boss rainbow

Everyone is encouraged to take the reigns in terms of leadership around here... and frankly I'm probably the least qualified person for that charge smokin

I just make the place work, like a machine more or less. If people look to me for leadership or whatever, nothing will ever transpire...

For this article, I will fix the graphic (quit using the external one that doesn't load half the time -- for me at least) and get the Italian job up asap sweatdrop

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 06:15:13 PM »
New image...

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 10:25:17 AM »
NEWS: Devil Summoner 2 Haciendo Encabezados (Spanish)

¿Es la secuela de Devil Summoner todo lo que debería de ser?

Descubramoslo

La reciente publicación de "Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon" parece valer su dinero, según el Internet. Lanzado el 12 de Mayo, la secuela a la primera cuota popular ha reunido un número alto de reseñas positivas. Ninguna de las cuales parece bajar del marcador de 80%. Un logro realmente alto sin duda alguna.

Aquí unos resúmenes sacados del Internet...

RPGFan.com: "...uno de las secuelas con mayor mejora que he jugado en un RPG." link
Thunderboltgames.com: "Raidou vs King Abaddon se siente como el producto de una compañía que escucha a sus clientes. " link
Destructoid.com: los fans de las series de "Shin Megami Tensei and Devil Summoner, no debemos ni siquiera decirlo: Necesitas este juego." link
1Up.com: ...la reforma total del sistema de batalla, hace que Devil Summoner 2 no sea un "más de lo mismo." link

Así que,¿Por qué tanta emoción?. Combate mejorado, gráficas y contenido extra (sin mencionar múltiples finales y el progreso de la historia) son solo algunas de las cosas elogiadas con cada reseña, añadiendo también que el juego es un su mayoría una gran mejora en casi todo aspecto posible. Pero no tomes nuestras palabras por ciertas.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 08:37:57 PM by Emilio Morales »

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 01:44:55 AM »
Technically Emilio this post was edited a bit it seems (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/archives/releases/reviews/2009/05/devil-summoner-2-making-headlines/)

Edited (for the record) it reads...

Is the sequel to Devil Summoner everything it should be?

[THE GRAPHIC HERE]
Let’s find out…

The recently released “Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon” seems to be worth your money so says the internet buzz. Released on May 12th, the sequel to the popular first installment has gathered a rather high number of positive reviews. None of which seem to fall below the 80% mark. A high achievement indeed.

Here are some blurbs dredged from the internet…

RPGFan.com »“…one of the most vastly improved sequels I’ve ever played for an RPG.”
    Thunderboltgames.com »“Raidou vs King Abaddon feels like the product of a company that listens to it’s customers.”
    Destructoid.com »“Shin Megami Tensei and Devil Summoner series fans, we shouldn’t even need to say it: You need this game.”
    1Up.com »“…the total revamp of the battle system makes Devil Summoner 2 more than “more of the same.”

So what is everyone so excited about?! Improved combat, graphics and extra content (not to mention multiple endings and story progression) are just some of the things praised with almost every review also adding that the game is a vast improvement over it’s predecessor in just about every way possible. But don’t take our word for it.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 08:38:43 PM »
There, I already made the necessary adjustments. The post was edited...

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 02:15:40 AM »
There, I already made the necessary adjustments. The post was edited...

No hard feelings hearton

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: