DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:06:41 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 4 Manga (Read 41788 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 07:33:37 PM »
Found this (http://maoh.dengeki.com/black/)

That url is on the cover. I guess Ma in maoh is short for manga instead of ma as in akuma (probably a traditional japanese style pun)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:37:25 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 07:38:14 PM »
PS: Seems to be available to read here:

http://maoh.dengeki.com/black/try/p4/01.html

(someone let me know if it is all there^)

edited: If so, please download the pages for us smokin

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:41:31 PM by yksehtniycul »

Arisato

View Profile WWW Email
Arisato phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »
The manga is currently being published in Dengeki Maoh magazine.  There are no Tankoubons yet.  It is a monthly magazine, which would imply that there will be one chapter released per month - one chapter in each issue of Dengeki Maoh.  I am not really sure what you were talking about with the language thing, so I shall stay out of that.

Arisato has 7 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 05:03:34 PM »
Oh I was just asking if you/anyone knew of anything for publishing multilingual comics (I don't really follow the comics scene)

So I gotta ask. Are the three downloads Emilio posted each a one month release? Or are they all part of the same month? Also is this mag really published every month? Because it sort of looks like a quarterly mag (it says Autumn on the cover after all)

Finally I guess I should assume this manga is just called Persona 4? Btw, does it follow the same story as the game? Before or after the game?? Or is it a side adventure of some kind?

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 05:11:02 PM »
About the storyline, is the same with the Persona 3 manga, they follow the same exact story as the game (maybe, with a little changes, but really little). And probably each download = 1 chapter per month.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:16:01 PM by Emilio Morales »

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 01:28:25 AM »
Ok then... now that I know more I'll try to set something up.

On a side note. It would be nice to have cover scans for the different volumes, even if the cover of the mag does not feature Persona 4. Contextual information never hurts.

Arisato

View Profile WWW Email
Arisato phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 06:20:36 PM »
Oh I was just asking if you/anyone knew of anything for publishing multilingual comics (I don't really follow the comics scene)

So I gotta ask. Are the three downloads Emilio posted each a one month release? Or are they all part of the same month? Also is this mag really published every month? Because it sort of looks like a quarterly mag (it says Autumn on the cover after all)

Finally I guess I should assume this manga is just called Persona 4? Btw, does it follow the same story as the game? Before or after the game?? Or is it a side adventure of some kind?

It has been a while since I was here.  The downloads that Emilio posted are indeed independent magazine publishings.  The mag, Dengeki BLACK Maoh, the mag P4 was previously in before the transition to Dengeki Maoh, IS a quaterly magazine.  However, due to recent changes in popularity, the previous P3 (Dengeki Maoh) has traded places with P4 (Dengeki Black Maoh) which means that P4 is now a monthly publishing and P3 is now a quarterly publishing.  I hope that makes sense.  Yes it follows the game, at least so far.  Some things may be left out if the Mangaka deems it unnecessary, but i don't think you will have to worry about that.

On another note, I noticed Emilio's birthday is the 26th of March.  At least according to his Red Hawk registration.  As a birthday present, I will release P4 Chapter 4 on that day.  Maybe sometime time a bit earlier if I so choose.  Nevertheless, expect P4 Ch 4 before Emilio turns a year older.  :)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 07:19:32 PM »
I will do my best to get these manga up on the website by the 26th in turn redface

I will officially be a year older soon as well. I was supposed to be born on April Fools day... but I guess I wasn't quite foolish enough because I was born a day early tongue

On the upside, sometimes my birthday gets to share Easter (that probably means so does April Fools day)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »
Oh yeah, any chance we can get the P3 Manga up as well? Isn't that one handled by the Starry Heaven group??

Arisato

View Profile WWW Email
Arisato phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 08:35:09 PM »
Well then.  I will be hitting two birds with one stone ;)

As for P3, the early chapters were done by Starry Heaven & Gekkoukan High Scans however we did the later chapters so if you wish to mirror them.. You know the drill.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 01:16:53 AM »
On another note, I noticed Emilio's birthday is the 26th of March.  At least according to his Red Hawk registration.  As a birthday present, I will release P4 Chapter 4 on that day.  Maybe sometime time a bit earlier if I so choose.  Nevertheless, expect P4 Ch 4 before Emilio turns a year older.  :)

Wow! Really!?? Sounds great, thank you very much! That make me feel important and rewarded smokin I'll be expecting that awesome gift!! 5innocent2

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 11:10:37 PM »
I will probably have this finished within the next 1 to 3 days (as long as my internet doesn't go on the fritz)

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/print/manga/dengeki-maoh-p4/

I'm just going to use the same images for all of the multiple resolution images on these pages. So basically the browser will be down sizing them, which is slow and probably looks ugly on most browsers. So if someone can make thumbnails (lower resolution versions) after I get everything up, that would be nice. I think we will just need midsize ones for the gallery, and thumbnail sizes for the page where you pick your volume to start with (so just the first page of the volume)

I think the tumbnails are 150x213px. I will post the gallery page size when I figure it out sweatdrop

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:48:50 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 06:57:14 AM »
Well, I have something up. I had a real nightmare trying to fit all of this onto a gallery page. That part still isn't working. But if you click on the first image, you can go thru all the pages as a lightbox gallery (though I think some of the files might've been corrupted... let me know if something looks funny)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 07:50:12 AM »
Had to take Black out of the url and titles of these pages (so some links in the bbs might be broken)

Black I take it is the quarterly mag. And at least the 3rd volume seems to appear in the monthly (non-black) mag. So that's that doh

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »
Horay eek

I finally managed to somehow someway get all of the major features I'd intended for the manga reading galleries to work doh

The exercise was really killer, but I think I learned a lot along the way. Which is at the end of the day the only honest to god reason I stick with this stuff so ardently I think hearton

Anyway, yeah it can use a hell of a lot more polish around the edges, but I think I can officially herald the P4/P3 manga on the "new" page sometime soonish...

Many of the files are still corrupted. I'm a little disappointed I don't have a good thumbnailing system worked out yet. But anyway, if anyone would like to make some lower resolution versions of the manga images, it would make the presentation much better. I'm just really not up to it for now crying

The sizes for the viewing page are 450px wide for single pages, and 900px wide for double pages. I've noticed the aspect ratio isn't always perfect, so it might be a good idea to pick a median height and distort the image heights to get a constant aspect.

And... if someone wants to prepare small thumbnails all of the same height, I will promise to setup a nifty slide viewer so that while hovering the mouse over the page numbers a black bar full of thumbnail slides closest to the page with appear under the number bar ninja

Sooner or later I will decide on an automated system for thumbnails, but just saying. It isn't a a huge job, and it would make the pages much nicer.

I put hours into this, so please don't hold back your praise or dare feel uninspired megaman

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/print/manga/dengeki-maoh-p4/gallery/?vol=2 (for your convenience -- ps: not everything works yet)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 02:50:08 PM by yksehtniycul »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: