DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:00:52 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: FYI: The Database Needs Contributors… Or, If you thought we have a writing (Read 46350 times)
wolfzau
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
Remember that you are mortal
wolfzau phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 08:39:23 AM »

Urgh. My head hurts.  doh

Dunno if I made it better or butchered completely. I left out one paragraph as it consisted mainly of bashing the storyline, anyways its in the pending review section. Sorry if it's of no use, feel free to get one of the other two to do it again. I think I'll leave out the next edit for someone else as I'd like to see if I could learn anything off of them.

wolfzau has 32 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »

Urgh. My head hurts.  doh

Dunno if I made it better or butchered completely. I left out one paragraph as it consisted mainly of bashing the storyline, anyways its in the pending review section. Sorry if it's of no use, feel free to get one of the other two to do it again. I think I'll leave out the next edit for someone else as I'd like to see if I could learn anything off of them.

At first glance it seems like you did more of a re-write here than an edit job. Which is not a problem in this case... but might be if a new writer had produced the original. Anyway, we can probably just give you writing credit for this and cite Tony's article in the archives as the main source.

Would just need to rewrite stuff like, "Several months ago I stumbled upon an eBay auction for Megami Tensei animation cels from this film. For a low price, I was sent a handful of original, painted cels and some pencil drawings. They have been scanned in and included below." So that it's clear that it's not worded on behalf of the author. You could either put Tony's words in a blockquote (or I can as the admin if you prefer) or, you could just write it in the 3rd person citing Tony for the cels.... or you could just thank Tony for the original writeup and cells and provide a link to his more critical review in the archives, all in the same final paragraph. Whatever is up to you.

I don't have to keep telling you how much we appreciate the help/support of course. I'll try to get everyone setup karma wise asap. If you start doing a lot consider setting up a thread for yourself in the Sea of Souls board ok rainbow

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 03:36:08 PM »
Also, I don't think it's made clear enough that the big quote in the article is from the back of the English retail release cassette box. Granted it wasn't very clear in Tony's writeup, but your version makes it even less clear by omitting "official". Try to make it plain in the introduction to the quote it is from the back of the box ok smokin

wolfzau
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
wolfzau phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 01:25:14 AM »

At first glance it seems like you did more of a re-write here than an edit job. Which is not a problem in this case... but might be if a new writer had produced the original. Anyway, we can probably just give you writing credit for this and cite Tony's article in the archives as the main source.

Yeah, sorry bout that  sweatdrop

Anyways, have made clear that the description is official and have reworded the final paragraph to thank Tony for the cels and have linked his original review

Ironic thing is that I actually bumped into the Shinsen Subs version a couple of weeks ago while waiting for the next 00 to be released. Have to admit that it was a lot better than many other 80's anime I've seen although I'm still a little confused by the whole squishing people to death thing. It was probably due to a limited budget but still..... confused

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 03:08:12 AM »
What's wrong with squishing people to death??

Anyway, congrats, you're published...

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/anime/digital-devil-story-megami-tensei-anime-ova/

I edited the last paragraph on the end a little for functionality. And I changed this bit:

"Of personal interest is the art style itself, which is quite obviously based off of the artwork that went along with the original video game release of Megami Tensei."

Because I have a feeling the anime came first (regardless of publishing dates) ...but I left it ambiguous because I'm not in a fact checking frame of mind atm. If anyone knows for sure, hopefully they will just comment on the page.

I didn't give it a thorough looking over, but I trust that it's ok. I gotta trust editors at some point I guess if I ever wanna be completely free of the business myself.

PS: I gotta admit I have a warm spot in my heart for classic anime (up to the late 80s with some odd exceptions) ...the more recent stuff though I find nearly infuriatingly disturbing, and I can't tell you precisely why, but the artist in me probably suspects the glut of it is of vastly inferior quality -- though I'm sure most of the human population would argue otherwise... and to no end (what with all our modern know-how and production values~)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:10:38 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 02:06:09 AM »
Wow! Checkout this comment:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/archives/digital-devil-database/2009/03/we-have-to-find-an-english-editor-fast-or-else-translators-also-welcome/#comment-2391

That would be awesome if we can get help with Portuguese and German. Also Sergio is Spanish. I'd love to see the several Spanish people interested in helping the site work out a system amongst themselves for generating new content. It's no prob if everything happens in Spanish first. If English speakers don't like it, they'll just have to pledge to help right! tongue

VMee
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
viewtiful_mee@yahoo.it
VMee phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 04:52:18 AM »
Hi, guys I'm a big fan of everything related SMT, my name is Luca, I'm italian and I'm a translator (I mean it's my job;)) if you need help for an italian version of the website contact me as I would be very glad to help, thank you, see you soon:)

Henshin a Go-Go, baby!!!!

VMee has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 04:55:46 AM »
Are you freaking kidding rolleyes

How soon can you start?! biggrin

PS: Say the word Luca, and Italian will be ready to go smokin

VMee
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
viewtiful_mee@yahoo.it
VMee phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 12:18:38 PM »
whenever you want!^_^

contact me via MSN at viewtiful_mee@yahoo.it
or send me an email (the address should be on my profile),  as i said, i'd be very glad to help^_^

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 05:45:01 PM »
Sure, I'll setup Italian right now.

I did send you an email on behalf of the website, but if you'll forgive me, I really don't understand why people always want to be contacted by email?? Maybe you could explain? We use the forums for pretty much everything. There is a pseudo-private forum as an alternative for our users that use PMs heavily (for website improvement purposes) ...we'll let you in if you ever need it / fill up your karma. It's really too complicated for me or anyone to stay in touch with so many people by email sweatdrop

I try to make transparency a value around here smokin

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »
Italian translation info......

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,963.new.html

And Chinese in case anyone missed it....

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,962.msg10216.html

VMee
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
viewtiful_mee@yahoo.it
VMee phones it in,
 « Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 05:53:10 AM »
well, for me is just easier to check your messages while i check other emails.....anyway, the forum will be okay:)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 06:06:46 PM »
well, for me is just easier to check your messages while i check other emails.....anyway, the forum will be okay:)
You should be able to have the PM ("My Messages") system send alerts to your email. You can also "watch" certain threads so that you'll get emails when the thread is active.

wolfzau
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
wolfzau phones it in,
 « Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 11:20:11 AM »
Okay, did some minor work on the Chinese page today. As I've mentioned before my stuff is pretty basic but I'm gonna see if I can get a co-worker to go over it for me in the future, so fingers crossed   biggrin

Dantess
Translator

View Profile Email
Dantess phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 08:05:15 PM »
Hi everyone!!
I send a PM to the admin but i post here too.
I love the Persona Series, and also the SMT Series, so i offer my help.
I am French, and i can cover event for The French Community or anything else.
See Ya

Dantess has 4 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: