DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:53:21 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: We seem to have entered a bit of a lull coma… (Read 16198 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: September 22, 2009, 01:20:16 PM »
On an up note the website is back, and its future is more secure than ever. However, what little creative interest we've been able to sustain since the first downtime late last year is now (after our second, and what should be final, downtime) at an all time low. In fact there appears to be no party interested in contributing new content to the website.

That said we still have administrative and editorial staff eager and available to assist any fans who would be interested in helping to expand the website. A long term commitment is not even necessary. As always, just drop us a line in the website <acronym title="Bulletin Board System">BBS</acronym> and we will see that your contribution however great or small is made available to our readership.

The website will not be going anywhere in the meantime, and we still field a lot of traffic everyday. Generally about 300 people visit the site about 1000 times a day like clockwork. We are still the premier source for in-depth Megaten info in English. We know the site could be a much better resource, but its up to Megami Tensei fans everywhere to see to that.

This host's response time can be a little slower than the last. And has a knack for not returning from long jobs such as complex searches. On the other hand we can now host large files including video. Our stay here will be only temporary however. A very feature rich server with the works is slated to host the website. Unlike previous transitions this move will be seamless, and open up a world of possibilities. We will retain the use of this present server for hosting unlimited downloads which will then no longer compete with or impede the performance of the website.

I am personally repairing the site to all its former glory and hopefully more. However my enthusiasm for these labors is only so much as the creative outlook here. We did loose a number of files, but have backups on hand which will find their way to our new host in course. A few features are probably broken. But will be back in time. Worst of all Google has forsaken digitaldevildb.com. Taking with it our ability to search the website. We are seeking alternatives for indexing its content. If you can run a YaCy service for us (you can do this from your home broadband connection) please get in touch. Google dumped us like all websites it owes their first 100$ and considers insignificant. The official reason given by Google is "invalid clicks" which supposedly occurred during the downtime (that is when the website was inaccessible!!) ---no further comment. Unfortunately this is Google's <abbr title="Modus Operandi">M.O.</abbr> ...and we learned it the hard way, after investing a lot of time and expectations into Google. From now on the website will officially boycott Google and Hostpapa.com who acted unethically like all too many webhosting companies and is completely responsible for all of the havoc wreaked upon this website not caused by Google. With Google's 100$ goes any definite means of financing the website. If you would like to donate/advertise your Megaten website on our site please don't hesitate to seek our audience. We have it in our todo list to setup a proper system for doing so.

Last but not least, we've become a reluctant branch of the "Megami Tensei Wiki" at megamitensei.wikia.com. Time will tell if our branch will or won't become the dominant of the two. The decision to do so was completely necessary by the most basic of ethical standards. Two out of three sysops (including myself) made the decision to do so with the encouragement of the third and Wikia staff. We will hopefully find the time and initiative to document these circumstances along with the rest of the wiki. You can edit the wiki at wiki.digitaldevildb.com/wiki/. This branch of the wiki is now the source of content retrieved by our wiki pages at www.digitaldevildb.com/wiki/.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:46:45 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »
Well, this is it for now...

PS: I will add some links to some of the keywords and urls when I have some time.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: