DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:28:46 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: Devil Survivor ready for North America come June (Read 23276 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « on: February 07, 2009, 12:30:54 AM »

Atlus announced that Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor will reach North America on June of this year. The game it's intact to its Japanese counterpart. Until now, Atlus haven't said anything about any "extra" that comes with the game (maybe we can expect a soundtrack or something like that, of course, if we ever see some goodies for this game) but at least we can prepare ourselves for this game.

Gamers who have already played the Majin Tensei series will find this game really familiar and entertaining. A fusion between a classic first person RPG and a tactic RPG. I have already played the Japanese game and is really cool, the music and the gameplay are just fine, one interesting thing about this game is the way you will collect demons. You will buy them in auctions and you will be able to see some new demons every time you beat them in battle, and of course you will be able to fuse them.

Are you ready to survive?

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 05:15:20 AM by yksehtniycul »

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 05:14:47 AM »
Headline changed to "Devil Survivor ready for North America come June".

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 11:45:32 PM »
Here is the English after some editing:

Atlus USA announced Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor will reach North America in June of this year. The game’s release appears identical to its Japanese counterpart. Until now, Atlus USA has made no comment regarding any “extras” to come bundled with the game or any special editions (maybe we can expect a soundtrack or something, of course, if we ever see some goodies for this game) but at least we can prepare ourselves for the wait ahead.

Gamers who’ve played the Majin Tensei series should find this game familiar and entertaining. Similarly Survivor is a fusion between a classic first person RPG and a tactical RPG. I have personally played the Japanese game and is really cool, the music and the gameplay are just fine. One interesting part of this game is the way you collect demons. You buy them at auctions and are able to see new ones every time you defeat them in battle. And of course you will be able to fuse them into ever more powerful allies.

Are you ready to survive?

Btw, Emilio. If you know what you're doing, some browsers look better if you prepare a front page image first. Our maximum width for images seems to be 444 pixels. Also it looks better if you don't save the images to load progressively (where it starts blurry and gets clearer and clearer)

You can of course link the image in your post to a full resolution version. All you have to do to make lightbox work, is add rel="lightbox" to the link. But I can continue to add that if necessary.

About the images, it really doesn't matter a whole lot. There won't be any strict rules after the Media Library is setup, but those guidelines will produce better results.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 10:19:19 AM »
Re: NEWS: Devil Survivor Listo para Norteamérica en Junio (Spanish)

Atlus ha anunciado que Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor llegará a Norteamérica en Junio de este año. El juego esta intacto a su contraparte Japonesa. Hasta ahora, Atlus no ha mencionado nada referente a algún "extra" que contenga el juego (tal ves podemos esperar la banda sonora o algo parecido, por supuesto, si es que llegamos a ver alguna mercadería con el juego) pero al menos podemos prepararnos para el juego.

Gente que ya haya jugado la serie de Majin Tensei encontraran este juego muy familiar y entretenido. Una fusión entre el clásico RPG y uno táctico. Ya he jugado la versión Japonesa y es bastante buena, la música y el gameplay están bien, una cosa interesante sobre este juego es la forma en la que recolectaremos demonios. Los compraras por medio de subastas y podrás ver algunos nuevos demonios cada ves que los derrotes en batalla, y por supuesto podrás fusionarlos.

¿Estás listo para sobrevivir?

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
VMee
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
viewtiful_mee@yahoo.it
VMee phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 06:53:40 AM »
PART 1:

Atlus USA ha annunciato che Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor raggiungerà il Nord America a giugno di quest'anno. La confezione del gioco sembrerebbe identica anlla sua controparte giapponese. Finora Atlus USA non ha rilasciato commenti riguardo eventuali "extra" legati al gioco o riguardo edizioni speciali (forse potremmo aspettarci una colonna sonora, se decidessero di aggiungere oggetti bonus), ma almeno ci potremo preparare per l'attesa.

PART2:

I giocatori che hanno già giocato alla serie "Majin Tensei" dovrebbero trovare questo gioco piuttosto familiare. Come quest'ultimi Survivor è una fusione tra un classico RPG in prima persona e un RPG tattico. Personalmente ho provato la versione giapponese e l'ho trovata niente male, ottime musiche e gameplay all'altezza. Una delle parti più interessanti del gioco è la modalità di reclutamento dei demoni. Si possono comprare a delle aste e i demoni sconfitti in battaglia vengono aggiunti a quelli disponibili. Naturalmente è ancora presente la possibilità di fonderli tra loro per creare alleati sempre più potenti....
Siete pronti a sopravvivere?

Henshin a Go-Go, baby!!!!

VMee has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
VMee
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
viewtiful_mee@yahoo.it
VMee phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 06:54:17 AM »
oh, sorry, up there is the italian translation for the news;)

Henshin a Go-Go, baby!!!!

VMee has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 05:59:54 PM »
I will put this up (and setup an Italian flag graphic asap) ...but in the meantime we also need a title translation. You can use the "Modify" button (or quick edit icon) to add it to your original forum post up top. Also feel free to put Italian translation in the first line of your forum post smokin

We usually translate the game names the same way we translate the Japanese game names. But we like to have the actual name in quotes somewhere near the top of the post.

So the Spanish title should be Sobreviviente del Diablo, and then when first mentioned in the body be "Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor" (in quotes)

PS: I've corrected these for the Spanish translation smokin

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 06:36:46 PM »
Still needing an Italian title Luca smokin

wolfzau
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
Remember that you are mortal
wolfzau phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 07:31:58 AM »
Devil Survivor ready for North America come June

恶魔幸存者6月将在美洲上市

Part 1

Atlus USA 宣布了Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor 将会在今年6月在北美上市。 这款游戏同一时间还会在日本上市。直到现在,Atlus USA还未曾发表评论关于这款游戏或其他特殊版本的游戏是否有其他额外的捆绑活动。大概我们可以期望有美妙的音乐或者其他的什么。当然,如果我们能看到这款游戏的美妙之处的话。)但是至少我们可以为前面的等待做好准备。

Part 2

Majin Tensei系列的玩家都应该会发觉这款游戏很熟悉且充满了娱乐性。 同样地,Survivor这款游戏混合了经典的单人RPG模式和战略RPG模式。我本人亲自玩过日本游戏很酷,而且音乐和游戏性都很棒。这个游戏的部分有趣之处在于收集恶魔。你可以通过拍卖获得恶魔也可以每次在战斗中打败了他们而能看见新的恶魔。当然你也可以让他们成为你的同盟军来增加你的力量。

你为生存准备好了吗?

At this rate I should be done sometime in the next two years biggrin

wolfzau has 32 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 04:35:20 PM »
Awesome! ...the website has been too quiet lately. I'm getting close to pronouncing it dead (in stasis) I'm afraid~

PS: I'm thinking about changing the help wanted post around to be about Contributing first. Since I'm beginning to think people think we have a staff or something, when really we have no one!!

PS: Good job btw. I think you got everything right (without my needing to nag)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:41:42 PM by yksehtniycul »

wolfzau
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
wolfzau phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 05:25:09 AM »

That's a relief.

Yeah, I noticed it'd been a bit quiet lately. Was considering making a news post about the Devil Survivor game since Atlas have now released screens and whatnot of it but didn't wanna overstep my bounds.

Also working on a Persona 3 article that I'm gonna post in the forums. But that's just for fun  smokin

It'd be a real shame if the site went into dead stasis mode as that's usually a sign of the beginning of the end.....and I quite enjoy lurking here  rainbow Perhaps changing the news post might attract more people to post their own thoughts but who knows for sure....

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 08:18:28 AM »
It's definitely a high profile site, but without any writing staff, what can you do confused

I'm afraid the community is not super mature or overly enthusiastic (and I'm probably detracting from the viability of the website for saying so)

Many more vocal people seem to have personal grudges against me personally. But I dunno if that boding unfavorably for this website or not has any legs. I think such people are a little more self-important than they actually are (important) ...but time will tell if new fans emerge or come out of the woodwork I guess. The old ones are certainly not being useful -- nor is the original proprietor of this website. I don't actually know if we can even secure the digitaldevildb.com domain name (http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=digitaldevildb.com&type=domain)

wolfzau
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
wolfzau phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 02:10:33 PM »

True

I don't see why anybody would have a personal grudge against you confused

I mean from what I can see you're doing everything you can to keep this site up and running. Although that being said I have also met my fair share of tards on the internet.  biggrin  As for the old proprietor I haven't been here long enough to know what went down with him but it seems to me he just cut and run, but I could be wrong

News post looks good, was thinking I'd try drumming up business on the Chinese end by making an appeal for more Chinese translators as even though I'm enjoying the challenge the going is fairly slow. If you good get a hold of Luca maybe he could do the same on the Italian end.

Would be in the part where the news section is just reworded as I think multiple languages would definately help the site, however, from what I can see, everyone else who pledged to help seems to have been swallowed up by a black hole apart from you and Emilio.

Anyways, don't give up just yet. There's still some life left in this site

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 06:40:40 PM »
I dunno. I think I'm a goody-two-shoes and blunt when it comes to calling a spade a spade or whatever, or just in general. But yeah, if people have a problem with me, they must be dysfunctional/antisocial (read: and or) in the first place. But this is the internet after all rolleyes So that is my problem, and I'll just keep on awkwardly trying to fit in. It's something about the Megaten demographic in general too. I just don't seem to fit.

Of course everyone promptly returns to the black holes from which they're spewn. That too is just something about the demographic.

I won't give up on the site, but I haven't signed on for content, though I do try my hand from time to time. I'm more worried about the site disappearing for technical reasons (also it bothers me it can't get off the ground)

Tony did everything single-handedly more or less. It was amazing really. But like anything that way, he eventually burned out, and had to move on (and for whatever reason -- apparently without looking back) ...I won't have that trouble though. But I'm also not the charismatic leader I think people expect me to be (I just know internet tech, and use the site to practice/learn new things really -- though I'm somehow always getting roped into hours and hours of trivial work someone else could be doing smokin)

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: