DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:46:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Reunion system in action!? (Read 13676 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: January 19, 2009, 07:49:34 PM »
It turns out I had a good reason I think to give the Reunion system a try... I'm going to post some relevant attachments, then add some thoughts and questions to the thread later...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:05:29 PM by yksehtniycul »

* Artemis-Glitch.jpg (177.62 KB, 666x598 - viewed 1198 times.)

* Artemis-Ingwaz.jpg (196.05 KB, 810x710 - viewed 1799 times.)

* Artemis-Ingwaz2.jpg (175.54 KB, 810x710 - viewed 1808 times.)

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »
The first image is my Artemis before I Reunioned her. I actually got kicked from the server just before I took this screenshot, but the game glitched somehow and left the window on the title/character select screens....

The second screen is after Reunion... plus I added her zensho info for reference. She is a lv1 Ingwaz rune type now, but as you can see, her base stats do not appear to be based on Ingwaz at all. Neither does her loyalty bonus. It had always been assumed before (and I'd always assumed) the loyalty bonus was identical to the level up bonus for a rune type. But this doesn't appear to be the case. Unless her bonus changes after I restart my game (executable) or if it changed after I knocked her loyalty down and built it back up, she appears to have the same loyalty bonus as a normal Artemis.

I'm disappointed about all of this, because as you can guess, I use my Artemis for Soul Fusion, and I was expecting to see some huge bonuses from the Ingwaz rune type as it seems taylor made for Soul Fusion devils. I don't see how this decision could hurt her Soul Fusion ability, in fact after she is back at lv33 I'm sure she'll see a significant bonus, but just about 3x less than she would've seen if all of her stats reflected the Ingwaz rune type, and not just her level up bonuses.

Finally the last screen shows her Reunion status. She retained rank one for the Laguz rune (the gkwiki points out even though she still seems to retain her special Artemis growth type, she receives a rank1 Laguz as a consolation. There is no bonus from Laguz, but if I wanted to I could get a free jump to Rank 2. I'm a little disappointed I bought a small Ingwaz rune stone from the magic shop and didn't even have to use it to change her rune type.... at the least you'd think you need just one of those, but no, just so much macca per her level... which doesn't make a whole lot of sense really, as the going in level makes no diff.

I'm planning on taking regular screenshots as I build her back up to track her development, so we can get some straight answers regarding the Reunion system. I'm not sure if I'll take her to Rank 2 or not. The Ingwaz rank bonus lowers summoning cost (again how convenient for Soul Fusion) ...but for a casual player like me I'm not sure if it's worth it... to be honest if I'd know what I did going in, I probably would not have Reunioned her the one time. I do plan on shifting further and further away from the Jiboshin race alignment wise, so I might consider investing in the subsequent rank bonuses to some point (assuming they are additive)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 11:19:02 PM »
Cross-posted at Gamefags:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=921999&topic=47736634

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 07:27:21 PM »
New attachment before I forget again. Thoughts later if any....

* Artemis-Ingwaz3.jpg (89.62 KB, 370x522 - viewed 1151 times.)

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: