DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:29:01 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suikoden series-) (Read 22589 times)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 01:36:33 AM »
II is overrated and really not all that good. At least, not as good as people would like you to believe.

I have to agree. I was lucky enough to find it for $14.99 new. I have tried starting it up several times and I quit each time. It bores me to tears.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 01:59:05 AM »
Quote from: Kakizaki;2772
I have to agree. I was lucky enough to find it for $14.99 new. I have tried starting it up several times and I quit each time. It bores me to tears.

Yeah, Suikoden 2 is extremely boring. The formula consists of just: Hero and company enter a city. Hero and company are forced to flee the city. Hero and company return to city and liberate it. Repeat. I didn't feel like I was accomplishing all that much.

The first Suikoden was far more satisfying, despite how short it was. Suikoden also doesn't have Jowy, who is perhaps one of the most annoying Suikoden characters. It felt like they only put him in there to appease the yaoi fangirls.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 02:19:14 AM »
Yeah, Suikoden 2 is extremely boring. The formula consists of just: Hero and company enter a city. Hero and company are forced to flee the city. Hero and company return to city and liberate it. Repeat. I didn't feel like I was accomplishing all that much.

That was exactly how I felt.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Matyu

View Profile WWW Email
Matyu phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 03:33:39 AM »
I'm replaying Suikoden right now. It may not be the best Suikoden, but the soundtrack is a pure masterpiece.

Matyu has 18 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 03:43:19 AM »
Quote from: Matyu;2775
I'm replaying Suikoden right now. It may not be the best Suikoden, but the soundtrack is a pure masterpiece.

On the subject of Suikoden OSTs... I think 4 and 5 had the best OSTs in the series. 1's was the most memorable, 2's was just bland, though, "Children Playing in the Fields" and "Reminiscence" were both good. 3 and 4 had my favorite opening themes ["Exceeding Love" and "La Mer"], but 5's was mediocre -- it's like they didn't even want to attempt to make something as unique as 3 and 4's opening themes. They should've gotten coba or Himekami to do it.

aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 03:10:59 PM »
I agree, I liked the music in IV and V a lot, especially Rune of Punishment and The Queen's Knights songs.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 03:19:34 PM »
Quote from: aerozero;2782
I agree, I liked the music in IV and V a lot, especially Rune of Punishment and The Queen's Knights songs.

Yeah, I like "The Queen's Knights", especially the remix they had on the Limited Edition Music CD. My favorite songs from Suikoden 5 are "Move Out!" and "Town on a River". My favorite songs from Suikoden 4 are "Magnificent Swordsman", "Southern Wind", and "La Mer".

Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics also had good music.

I hope they do a celtic album for 4 and 5.

Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 09:51:54 PM »
Big fan of the whole series.

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 10:48:12 PM »
I never really got into this series that much. I played 3 for a bit, but couldn't get that far in it. It lost my attention multiple times, with constant playthroughs, after breaks, my attention span for the game dimenished faster. I tried to like it, because the characters were intriguing, but couldn't. Suikoden 4 was mediocre at best. It didn't keep my attention, but I beat it eventually. From these two examples, I never tried out 1 and 2. I don't really feel the need to either.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 01:15:56 PM »
You should play V, I believe you can find it for $10 at some stores nowadays.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Tetsuya
Wicked Apple

View Profile Email
Tetsuya phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 02:16:25 PM »
I love Suikos! Not as much as SMTs but much more than all that crap from SE counted together, lol.

Labyrinth of sympathy in which I'm lost and can't leave
And too much truth overshadows the lime lies
Cos' what lies beneath the clouds is an
Altered perception and I'll pay for sanity
But sanity don't come cheap

Tetsuya has 39 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 05:31:17 PM »
Suikoden II was one of my first rpg for the ps1, and I tottally like the series, but I think that they look a lot better when they where in 2-D (Suikoden 1 and 2) but of course I like a lot more the Megaten series.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: