DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:56:44 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Role Manager plugin in place, and Revisions for all... (Read 5828 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: January 10, 2009, 01:40:27 AM »
I finally got around to installing the popular Role Manager plugin. My only reason to install this before was to get contributors access to the WordPress Media Library (upload images for posts) ...But it occurred to me tonight to check if contributors could delete posts, and sure enough they could doh

So I had to immediately put a stop to that of course smokin

Now only the admin should be able to delete something (which is as it should be by default)

I also was hoping for a privilege regarding revisions. There wasn't one, but I was able to hack WP as usual, and fairly painlessly this time. So now contributors should be able to see any revisions made, including editorial revisions, and restore a post to an old revision if desired (not the same as a rollback)

According to this bit I stumbled over there are some Media Library issues with WP:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/182142

I'm not sure this still applies (I just checked, and it does)

My intention is to use a custom Media Library system in time, but for now I'm going to try to just hack the "Delete" button out of the Media Library interface. Not an ideal approach as the form uses the Get method, but I trust our present contributors to not go out of the way to delete files from the Media Library rolleyes

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 01:56:40 AM »
Nevermind.... I did a hack to prevent file deletion, then when I went to test it, turns out even though the delete button is there... if you try to use it you end up being told you don't have permission to. So everything seems cool / hack undone doh

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: