DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:10:42 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Devil Saga 2? (Read 82280 times)
Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #45 on: September 13, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
Is it me or does Roland or whatever look like Chester Bennington from Linkin Park?
I don't get it at all, why did they not release 'innocent sin' for in the U.S but went ahead and released 'revelations' ? IMO as far as the 'persona series is concerned if they update the graphics, translate(persona:i.s),uncensor (persona 2 ep I'm talkin' to ya'),box set them and release on the ps2 or 3 whichever one doesn't maater because I'm getting the ps3 anyway. Then I'll be happy. It's a good serues and I'd like to have seen the WHOLE story not just from a then skip to z the rest of it too.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #46 on: September 13, 2005, 05:39:35 PM »
Quote from: Soulless_Beast
I don't get it at all, why did they not release 'innocent sin' for in the U.S but went ahead and released 'revelations' ? IMO as far as the 'persona series is concerned if they update the graphics, translate(persona:i.s),uncensor (persona 2 ep I'm talkin' to ya'),box set them and release on the ps2 or 3 whichever one doesn't maater because I'm getting the ps3 anyway. Then I'll be happy. It's a good serues and I'd like to have seen the WHOLE story not just from a then skip to z the rest of it too.

It's not up to Atlus %100 what games get released here -- It's up to Sony -- hence, why we didn't get Soul Hackers, either. The content in Innocent Sin was probably considered too objectional at the time to be released here. They're not going to re-make either of the Persona 2 games -- there's no point. Be glad that we at least got Eternal Punishment. Eternal Punishment doesn't need Innocent Sin for the game to be played. We're never going to get Innocent Sin, so, people should just quit whining about it.

Is it me or does Roland or whatever look like Chester Bennington from Linkin Park?

It's just you.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #47 on: September 18, 2005, 04:04:52 PM »
Because I'm one crazy bitch and DDS just happens to be my most favorite game, I'm so saving up to get the Korean box set: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-77-2-15-digital%2Bdevil%2Bsaga-70-z2r.html Just from reading the contents...T_T; It comes with DDS1 AND 2. What a bargain! *must have all the versions*

Seems like they always get the good packaging, look at the one for Nocturne: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-77-l-15-nocturne-70-3ea.html *wants that Parvati figure* She was my favorite comrade...;-;

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #48 on: September 19, 2005, 05:30:15 PM »
I don't get it at all, why did they not release 'innocent sin' for in the U.S but went ahead and released 'revelations' ?

I think you also have to remember that the original Persona (I assume you mean that game by "Revelations" and not the Game Boy Color title) came out like four years before the Persona 2 titles hit the US. It was essentially one of the earliest Playstation RPGs to be released here.

As for that Korean version... cool, but I'd never use any of that stuff lol.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #49 on: September 20, 2005, 12:59:43 AM »
Haha, same here. I'll probably buy it and never play it. XD It'd stay in my closet forever clollecting dust!

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Naomi
Lonely

View Profile Email
Angelic_Naomi@hotmail.com Arielg03
Naomi phones it in,
 « Reply #50 on: September 23, 2005, 10:06:49 PM »
DDS2 is coming out October 4. Unless they push it back again.

Yay I have DDS2 and the Soundtrack!

Naomi has 37 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
ParasiteMT@gmail.com COTMFreak parasitemt
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #51 on: September 24, 2005, 01:45:13 AM »
Yay for October 4!

Let's hope they don't push it back farther.

Parasite has 65 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kikoken
Overlord Your Face Up

View Profile Email
Kikoken phones it in,
 « Reply #52 on: September 25, 2005, 01:26:04 PM »
Yes, I too heard it was slated for an October 4th release. I didn't really expect an early release, but I'm not complaining. However, if it was being pushed farther, it was too good to be true.

However, the ending of its prodecesor was quite puzzling and left me hanging, forming my own conclusions. So, I am avidly waiting for an early release as well.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 02:05:24 PM by Kikoken »

Love is like war; easy to begin, and hard to end. That's why I dislike it so.

"I don't want to earn a living, I want to live."

Don't anthropomorphize computers - they hate it.

One thing you must remember- "You are NOT your post count."

Kikoken has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kaysper

View Profile Email
Kaysper phones it in,
 « Reply #53 on: September 25, 2005, 07:04:52 PM »
I'm slowly but surely getting over my running-around-in-hyperactive-circles phase, and settling into counting down the days on the calender, and grinning like a moron while doing so.

October is a good month to release DDS2 in.  A very good month.  So good that it would not be feasible for Atlus to push the game back to a different month, thus spoiling the set up.  Therefore, they will *NOT* push the game back, and keep the shipping date to where it is.
Yessssssss.

Kaysper has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #54 on: September 25, 2005, 07:08:16 PM »
Quote from: Kaysper
I'm slowly but surely getting over my running-around-in-hyperactive-circles phase, and settling into counting down the days on the calender, and grinning like a moron while doing so.

October is a good month to release DDS2 in.  A very good month.  So good that it would not be feasible for Atlus to push the game back to a different month, thus spoiling the set up.  Therefore, they will *NOT* push the game back, and keep the shipping date to where it is.
Yessssssss.

By god, man. Get a hold of yourself!

This is more DDS1 related, but I've got to ask... I noticed while looking at the Mantra list that there's one called "Wikipedia". Is that in reference to the site, or is there something behind that name that I don't know?

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #55 on: September 27, 2005, 11:36:50 AM »
Quote from: Heat
This is more DDS1 related, but I've got to ask... I noticed while looking at the Mantra list that there's one called "Wikipedia". Is that in reference to the site, or is there something behind that name that I don't know?

I too wondered about this. After looking around, there seemingly was no basis for it in mythology or otherwise. Wikipedia gets its name from the combination of "wiki" and "encylopedia"... where Wiki is just a web application. The name "wiki" according to Wikipedia comes from "Cunningham coined the term wiki after the "wiki wiki" or "quick" shuttle buses at Honolulu Airport."

So, from all I can figure out, it's either just randomly named or actually based upon the Wikipedia website. It's entirely possible considering how popular it is the world over.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #56 on: September 27, 2005, 11:44:09 AM »
Quote from: Tony
So, from all I can figure out, it's either just randomly named or actually based upon the Wikipedia website. It's entirely possible considering how popular it is the world over.
Apparently, in the Japanese version, it was called "Kunitsukami" (国津神) [I think] -- So, I guess since it was changed there's a high probability that it was named after Wikipedia. Weird.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 11:47:10 AM by Heat »

Kaysper

View Profile Email
Kaysper phones it in,
 « Reply #57 on: September 29, 2005, 12:09:45 PM »
I'd like to think that it's named after the online encyclopedia, instead of some random term that sounded good.

By god, man. Get a hold of yourself!

But…but it's not fun if I actually try to show some self control.

Kaysper has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #58 on: October 01, 2005, 03:29:50 PM »
You know I went back and read my old post and I meant to say why did they release eternal punishment and not release innocent sin. Way belated but it's my fault anyway, sorry. Go ahead Heat say something I KNOW you got something.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #59 on: October 01, 2005, 03:39:59 PM »
You know I went back and read my old post and I meant to say why did they release eternal punishment and not release innocent sin. Way belated but it's my fault anyway, sorry.
It's already been explained. There is no (as far as I know) "official" reason. I assume it's due to content or SCEA being pricks and declining it (like they did Soul Hackers). Eternal Punishment had a lot less content that could be considered "offensive", I guess. That, and wouldn't it be kind off odd trying to localize things like the MUSES scenes? And some of the Lisa-related things. A running joke is that Lisa doesn't know English, yet a lot of people in the game assume she does, I guess some of that would be lost in a translation? I'm not the best person when it comes to thinking up "theories".

I don't have a clue. It doesn't really matter much to me as I've already played it, and I'm sure there won't be a localization, and thus, no reason to dwell on it. Be glad we got Be Your True Mind and Eternal Punishment, at least.

Go ahead Heat say something I KNOW you got something.
What? Will you get over it, already. Christ.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: