DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:08:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Devil Saga 2? (Read 81785 times)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: September 01, 2005, 10:19:23 PM »
Quote from: Parasite
Isn't that the price for most games nowadays?  At least it isn't nearly $60 as DDS was, then again it was in a "deluxe box set".

I've seen a few games go for a lot cheaper -- around $40 (Dark Cloud 2 and the first .hack did, I believe). Don't know -- I just think that since they charged us $54 for DDS1, they could've tried to make DDS2 cheaper.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: September 02, 2005, 06:00:29 PM »
I think some people should be glad about the US release prices. I don't think anyone should be complaining because here in Japan, a lot of video games cost from $60 to $80! Now THAT is expensive compared to what everyone in the US has to pay. And those prices also go for 'regular' editions as well.

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #32 on: September 02, 2005, 06:03:49 PM »
I know of Japan's prices. But, I still feel pretty good complaining about the prices here. Oh well.

I have a question -- do I have to pre-order DDS2 from any certain site to get the OST? I checked EBGames, but they don't make any mention of the OST, whilst GameStop does mention the OST, but only if you pre-order. Thing is, I hate GameStop -- so, I'm not sure if ordering from EBGames will get me the OST or not.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 06:52:07 PM by Heat »

Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
ParasiteMT@gmail.com COTMFreak parasitemt
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #33 on: September 02, 2005, 07:57:41 PM »
Quote from: Heat
I know of Japan's prices. But, I still feel pretty good complaining about the prices here. Oh well.

I have a question -- do I have to pre-order DDS2 from any certain site to get the OST? I checked EBGames, but they don't make any mention of the OST, whilst GameStop does mention the OST, but only if you pre-order. Thing is, I hate GameStop -- so, I'm not sure if ordering from EBGames will get me the OST or not.

Did you ask them about it?  I think I remember EBGames saying that you will get a bonus CD if you preorder it (on their site maybe?) just ask at the counter or something.

I never went to EBGames so I wouldn't know.

Parasite has 65 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Naomi
Lonely

View Profile Email
Angelic_Naomi@hotmail.com Arielg03
Naomi phones it in,
 « Reply #34 on: September 03, 2005, 07:51:56 PM »
Well the guy told me he wasn't sure. If they ship the soundtracks then you get one. If not no soundtrack...i hope they do have it when in comes in.

Yay I have DDS2 and the Soundtrack!

Naomi has 37 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #35 on: September 09, 2005, 06:30:10 PM »
The U.S. DDS2 website is up: http://www.atlus.com/dds2/

It's pretty ugly (as with every Atlus USA) site, and has obnoxious looping music (that you apparently can't turn off). It has wallpaper and some MP3s (nothing of interest -- Although, Betrayal is cool), though. I can't believe they really went through with re-naming Roald.

RPGFan says "Digital Devil Saga 2 is currently slated for an October release and will be rated M for Mature by the ESRB." -- I thought it was going to be released on September 28th?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 06:43:16 PM by Heat »

Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #36 on: September 09, 2005, 09:21:46 PM »
Quote from: Heat
The U.S. DDS2 website is up: http://www.atlus.com/dds2/

It's pretty ugly (as with every Atlus USA) site, and has obnoxious looping music (that you apparently can't turn off). It has wallpaper and some MP3s (nothing of interest -- Although, Betrayal is cool), though. I can't believe they really went through with re-naming Roald.

RPGFan says "Digital Devil Saga 2 is currently slated for an October release and will be rated M for Mature by the ESRB." -- I thought it was going to be released on September 28th?

Yeah, Gamestop and GameFAQs still says September and they are pretty reliable.  Never been to RPGFan so I don't know how they are with their dates.  My only suggestion is that they just "rounded" to October, taking it's only 3 days away...

I thought that change was good for Roald, I kept calling him Roland. :P

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #37 on: September 09, 2005, 09:28:42 PM »
Quote from: Parasite
Yeah, Gamestop and GameFAQs still says September and they are pretty reliable.  Never been to RPGFan so I don't know how they are with their dates.  My only suggestion is that they just "rounded" to October, taking it's only 3 days away...

I thought that change was good for Roald, I kept calling him Roland. :P

RPGFan sucks -- I only go there because the URL is short. And, I hate the name "Roland" -- it reminds me of the company that makes Music things. Plus, Roald reminds me of the author (Roald Dahl) -- I think overall, Roald sounds a lot more unique and cooler. Though, I remember someone had stated his name would be "Ronald" -- I'm glad they didn't go with that.

Naomi
Lonely

View Profile Email
Naomi phones it in,
 « Reply #38 on: September 10, 2005, 11:14:15 AM »
The Website finally. We have to wait until Oct. now!! Great...just great...*being sarcastic*

Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #39 on: September 10, 2005, 11:58:46 AM »
Quote from: Naomi
The Website finally. We have to wait until Oct. now!! Great...just great...*being sarcastic*

I don't think October is the correct date, unless IGN, GameFAQs, and Gamestop are all incorrect.  All three have September 27 as their release date, so hopefully RPGFan is wrong. D:

Cho

View Profile Email
Cho phones it in,
 « Reply #40 on: September 10, 2005, 12:20:32 PM »
Most likely, it's being shipped in late September, not making its way to shelves until October.

Cho has 59 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Naomi
Lonely

View Profile Email
Naomi phones it in,
 « Reply #41 on: September 10, 2005, 02:13:44 PM »
Yes it is! The Altus site has it not the DDS2 site.

OCTOBER 2005
http://www.atlus.com/ under the releases.

JaggedJim
Persona User

View Profile Email
JaggedJim phones it in,
 « Reply #42 on: September 10, 2005, 05:56:24 PM »
Pre-order Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 at select retailers and you will receive a free DDS2 soundtrack CD free, while supplies last!

Glee!

The DDS2 site looks great, but I wish you could turn off that music. irked

JaggedJim has 27 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #43 on: September 11, 2005, 07:44:17 PM »
Quote from: JaggedJim

The DDS2 site looks great, but I wish you could turn off that music. irked

I was thinking the same thing.^^; No off button, huh?

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Hitoshura
Demi-Fiend

View Profile Email
Hitoshura phones it in,
 « Reply #44 on: September 12, 2005, 07:18:21 PM »
Meh, even though I played DDS2 in JP version, I'm eager to play it in english. For the release date, I wouldn't be complaining, as long as it comes out :D. True about the Roald==>Roland thing, but I prefer Roland to Ronald, tho', I will keep naming him Roald anyway.

Hito de nashi. Roku de nashi. Ikuji nashi!-Chloe Valens
(Tales of Legendia)

Hitoshura has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: