DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:24:55 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plans for the Media Library page... (Read 9953 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: January 03, 2009, 03:42:55 PM »
I'm thinking about doing something pretty radical with the Media Library page:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/library/

I'm thinking about making this page a simple file directory, where anyone registered with Wordpress (the main site / not the bbs) aka Subscribers can upload media. The entire website then will draw from this library for pretty much any non-graphical-interface image. What the library will actually do is maintain a database of media, and upload the images to image hosting service account(s) (I think ImageShack has an upload API but I could use some advice probably)

Contributors (our writers) will have the option of protecting files. A protected file will store a copy on the website, so in case the 3rd party host account goes bad I can flip a switch and keep displaying those files (most likely files featured in posts and pages)

Also we'll encourage bbs users to store their images in the media library rather than hot linking and for posterity sake -- but only if they are Megaten related images or similar in theme.

The image hosting accounts will have to have a feature that lets us regularly backup the images on them. Or if not I will program something to do that. So we will keep backups of everything, just not on the host.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:44:41 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:56:56 PM »
Here is a mock up of something I'm planning to do with most of the images on the website. I will setup a number of different templates so one suitable for a specific image / set of images can be used.

This will tie in to the revolutionary Media Library page, which will basically open the entire site up as a media collection archive where any registered member can file away and browse thru different types of media.

I called it "bis" cause WordPress has it's own Media Library system, which is pretty much a joke doh

But kinda where I got the idea from smokin

* MEDIA LIBRARY.png (281.16 KB, 717x513 - viewed 1765 times.)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 06:44:20 AM »
I worked out a demo on the front page. I'd be interested to know if everyone likes this look... I decided to keep it simple.

Some similar images could be used for a little more flair I suppose. Let me know what you think. I'm always trying to make everything look slick, but not overly done. Every time a new element is added I find myself rethinking my opinion of the presentation coffee

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »
Looks good enough for me! smug

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 09:31:37 AM »
I am officially certifiably insane...

Spent what could've easily been an hour tweaking out the border around this doo-hicky:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/archives/uncategorized/2008/10/persona-4-official-design-works/?nocache

Mostly in that upper right diagonal corner (which technically isn't a border, but a ridiculous css hack)

jetpac

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: