DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:46:40 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wikipedia Project (Read 6799 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: December 30, 2008, 08:48:43 PM »
Here's a question?

Should we actively try to improve on the English Wikipedia articles for Megaten? Should we try to translate the Japanese articles as well which seem to be better?

I noticed for instance the info on this page is kinda funky:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Devil_Story:_Megami_Tensei

It seems to confuse the game with the novels. The article seems to be about the game, but the last three characters are only from the novels afaik. Plus it doesn't really cover many of the characters in the game. And this page in general should probably be primarily about the novels as they came first. It could however be a duplicate page. I've noticed recently that Wikipedia has a number of pages on the same subject with slightly different titles -- not just for Megaten. There should be a clearer way to report stuff like that to Wikipedia authorities. I usually just edit cross links in at the top of the pages, and put an explanation in the edit reason field.

Also while we're at it, I'd like to see as many external links to digitaldevildb.com in Wikipedia as possible, so if you external links us, let us know in this thread if you can ok biggrin

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: