DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:17:13 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tony's thumbnail galleries... (Read 5526 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: December 19, 2008, 05:02:12 PM »
I kinda have these pages working again, though it's not all good news...

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/archived.php?url=/tony/games/shin_megami_tensei_devil_summoner/screens.php

I can't say more today, I've fucked around with this stuff for wayyyyy tooooo loooong and now I gotta get out and do shit I should've been doing hours ago and go to bed goodnight

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:35:37 PM »
The code used to generate the thumbs was apparently done by a guy named Alan I think, aka Dead Seraphim, formally accredited on the old website. For some reason the system was ripped out before Tony dropped the site. Or at least for whatever reason the database used to coordinate the thumbs is no longer there. Perhaps Tony put it on a separate database so to prevent the code from corrupting the site databases. But at some point in the transition the database was lost. The system also displayed galleries somewhat, but Tony seemed to have opted to use Lightbox to display the galleries instead.

After I got the system going I decided it would be cleaner to just hard code the end results into the page and drop the mini-CMS system. That shouldn't be a problem as the old pages will never be changed again, and continuing to use the system would've meant re-uploading every image to a new database at minimum. Plus I dunno if Tony might've had a falling out with the guy... which seems a possibility considering.

Tony's lexicon entries are also in a database, so I could probably automatically pull them into a future system (scheduled for the new Encyclopedia pages)

After I get around to fixing the screenshot pages, everyone should please feel free to let me know if there are any more errors or holes in the old website content sweatdrop

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 06:40:17 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: