DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:59:12 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atrribute points info (Read 17896 times)
Maverynthia
Bishie Demon Hunter

View Profile
Maverynthia phones it in,
 « on: December 07, 2008, 05:03:36 AM »
I know a lot of people are playing the Closed Beta right now and have no idea where the attribute points are supposed to go. I checked the Wiki and that area is empty. I don't suppose someone could put up a quick rundown of builds and where to add the points?

Maverynthia has 52 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 01:27:16 PM »
What do you mean by where? Your level up points have a special window you must open then commit too.

You'd have to tell us how the attributes were translated before I could say much more. There is probably an explanation in one of the gamefaqs guides, but if someone wants to edit the DBDB wiki I'd be happy to make any corrections.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
OdioOmnus

View Profile Email
OdioOmnus phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 07:57:22 AM »
-STR for melee
-VIT for HP pool
-INT for MP pool
-MAG for casting
-SPD for guns
-LUK for dumping points/crit build

For the most part you'll want to focus on one or two stats depending on whether you want to be a melee fighter, a gunner, or a caster. The only viable hybrid I've heard of is a gunner-mage equipped with a handgun.

OdioOmnus has 5 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 09:44:08 AM »
Actually on the Japanese servers the last update radically changed around the stat game play, so it's probably a little early to say at this point precisely what is needed for what. The interplay of the stats is now much more complicated if nothing else, and the stats players used to neglect by thumb seem to be more or less required for survival to some degree.

edited: I think this thread was more about where to actually add your points after you earn them. I noticed I forgot to mention that "special window" was in the player stat window, first tab. At any rate, by now I'm sure you found it. Happy hunting rainbow

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 09:57:33 AM by yksehtniycul »

Maverynthia
Bishie Demon Hunter

View Profile
 « Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 06:48:29 AM »
I was saying that the main database is lacking the guides for such as "So you wanna be a gunner, put points in Int and Spd" and the like.

Though since the JP changed and I bet the EN version hasn't :/ I dunno how that should be.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »
When Snakeman says SPD and INT (this text was added around the same time as Act Zero) he is probably referring to Rapid (and possibly Madan -- Bullet Magic) skills... which do technically draw from MP which is largely a function of INT, but otherwise gunners don't necessarily require INT in any way confused
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:38:15 PM by yksehtniycul »

Maverynthia
Bishie Demon Hunter

View Profile
 « Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 06:14:10 AM »
When Snakeman says SPD and INT (this text was added around the same time as Act Zero) he is probably referring to Rapid (and possibly Madan -- Bullet Magic) skills... which do technically draw from MP which is largely a function of INT, but otherwise gunners don't necessarily require INT in any way confused

So I should just dump it all into Speed?

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 01:12:08 PM »
Dunno... the usual brain dead game breaking strategy is to squeeze every point possible into one stat or another. Though that seems to have been made a less than ideal (damage dealing) strategy since the last update.

My personal theory is you probably get the most bite for your points if you stay as balanced as possible. This is logical if you assume every point is as valuable as the next (later points for each stat cost much more than the last)

Ultimately I'd just say go for whatever you feel like your character represents. But my opinions aren't super popular amongst the nerds on the JP server to say the least rainbow

It just depends on your play-style. Personally I prefer staying power mixed with weakpoint exploitation. But most players seem to super specialize (and quickly die when things get complicated / separated from the party)

Though if not for my miserable lag more often than not, staying power might be slightly lower on my totem.

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: