DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 19, 2024, 12:15:07 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor/女神異聞録 DEVIL SURVIVOR (Read 32791 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 07:43:01 PM »
Pocky Weeaboo Wuh??? I just thought the girl's nose cone tits looked really uhhh different??

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 07:53:04 PM »
Pocky Weeaboo Wuh??? I just thought the girl's nose cone tits looked really uhhh different??

Weeaboo -
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weeaboo&defid=952612

I guess Nicholas Gurewitch is credited with the creation of the term, though its application is really an internet meme.

Do you think, Kaneko's good-looking designs look fine with those childish/generic protagonist's designs?

Not at all, I was just saying that this kind of thing is obviously tailored to young, indiscriminate anime fans.  I agree with the general sentiments here: disappointment clouded with quiet rage.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 08:00:04 PM »
And does anyone knows if ATLUS revealed something of the story?

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Cho

View Profile Email
Cho phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
Yeah. Basically, demons have invaded part of Tokyo. The Japanese Army (or whatever their official title is) has quarantined that part of Tokyo. Unfortunately, our intrepid protagonists are trapped in the quarantine zones, and have to find a way out.

Oh, and in seven days, they're going to bomb the hell out of that part of Tokyo, so our heroes only have a week to make their daring escape.

The kids have gaming systems, called Nintendo DS COMPS that can be used to summon and befriend demons.

Cho has 59 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 08:55:38 PM »
ooooh!! I see! Thanks for the info Cho. biggrin

Does anyone thinks that we're going to see censorship in this game, maybe we'll not seeing those kind of demons like Mara, for example, you know, since is for Nintendo DS and all that.  razz

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 11:34:17 PM »
Whatever you think about it, this is the beginning of a new strain of Megaten (which increasingly refuses to be defined)

So if this site is going to even pretend to cover the Megaten beat there needs to be a front page headline asap.

I've always wondered what a game based on this sort of premise would be like. Maybe there will be other Devil Survivors in the future less tinted by the DS fanbase or whatever. Though hopefully if published outside Japan someone will have the sense to change the title.

I gotta admit I don't see the need to throw kids escaping from a concentration camp into the mix. Controlling an army against a demon invasion seems like the way this one should've gone, and might go in the future.

Either way, let's at least try to stay current on game releases.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 03:35:31 AM by yksehtniycul »

Sturmvogel
Remodeled Teacher

MaleView Profile
Remodeled Teacher
Sturmvogel phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 03:02:32 AM »
If it gets localized, I'll buy it, if only to support the series. Hell, it might be good.

And Emilio: I don't think you should blame Nintendo at all, it's not like they forced Atlus to do this with character designs.

Sturmvogel has 3 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 08:12:01 AM »
And Emilio: I don't think you should blame Nintendo at all, it's not like they forced Atlus to do this with character designs.

mmm, do you think? Whatever the reason is, I don't like much of the games when they make a sequel or whatever to a NINTENDO console, they tend to create a shitty presentation or too much "childish" or something way different compared to the other games of the same franchise on other consoles. For example, Valkyrie Profile The Accused One (character designs reminds me to the ones on Ogre Battle) and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (to "childish") mad

Anyway, Devil Survivors looks cool enough for me to buy it tongue but I guess the character designs could be better.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 11:22:12 PM »
I got a linked from heads up in the WP admin dashboard to this page on this website:

http://blogger.xs4all.nl/pvds/archive/2009/01/11/438253.aspx

I can't figure out why we got it (usually when another blog links to us) ...but anyhow, there are some cool DS DS vids up there^

PS: I know voice overs like that are supposed to sound all godly-bad-ass, but to me it just sounds like if you tapped the dude with a tongue depressor he'd fall over rolleyes

Sorry if these are old BTW.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:25:08 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 07:09:23 PM »
There is some kind of Devil Survivor promotion happening next update over in IMAGINE country. At a glance it looks like you gotta buy the game or something to qualify. Possibly there will be Devil Survivor themed costumes or other accessories... who knows??

http://www.megatenonline.com/news/archive/news1549.html

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 07:12:42 PM »
Ah, the promotional website describes DS as a "Simulation RPG". I'm guessing that probably means it's one of those kinda games where you tune everything in advance, then just watch a simulation go completely out of your control. There are a surprising number of games like that I can think of actually as odd as it sounds.

Has it been released yet??

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 07:22:20 PM »
Nope, as far as I know the release date will be... in 2 days! cheesy

OdioOmnus

View Profile Email
OdioOmnus phones it in,
 « Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 08:22:08 PM »
Ah, the promotional website describes DS as a "Simulation RPG". I'm guessing that probably means it's one of those kinda games where you tune everything in advance, then just watch a simulation go completely out of your control. There are a surprising number of games like that I can think of actually as odd as it sounds.

Has it been released yet??

Actually "Simulation RPG" is akin to the western term "Strategy RPG". It's an odd translation quirk.

OdioOmnus has 5 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: