DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:17:29 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Page Avatar Preview (Read 18568 times)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 05:07:36 AM »
Btw, it is way off topic. But I think another major driver for the website might be trying to get a team together that could work on converting text files into hypertext guides -- published here exclusively. The whole premise of Gamefaqs drives me nuts anymore. It's the 21st century... Gamefaqs shouldn't even permit text "faqs" anymore much less seem to encourage them by apparently not making it easy (or even possible?) to publish hypertext.

I've always found Shuukan Fool-est to be like the most insanely helpful video game guide website I've ever used.  It makes so much sense to just list things.  Walkthroughs seem pretty superfluous these days anyway.

Generally they're asked by all means until someone gets sick of answering them and draws up a FAQ document so they don't have to deal with questions anymore.

For the games themselves though I'd say they're unnecessary.  Frequently Asked Questions are definitely something I'm going to write up once I work out how to migrate pages for example.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:15:23 AM by DevilRy »

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 05:26:53 AM »
I never suggested Q&A about games. But you probably could write up some short Q&A faqs about the games and series. Generally these focus on trivia and common misconceptions. Or in more gratuitous cases things you wouldn't normally see in a guide like, "Why the hell do I wanna play this game?" or, "Will I go to hell if I play this?" for example -- though those are probably poor examples.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 05:30:09 AM »
PS: I don't mind walkthrus... sometimes it's much easier than actually playing a game tongue

I'll just be damned if I can't click on link to skip past them.

edited: In fact walkthrus with copious screenshots and graphics would be awesome. Whether you've never played the game, are thinking about, or just wanna take a stroll down memory lane... it's a lot easier than actually playing the game, and intellectually the experience is not a whole lot different.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:51:40 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 02:16:36 PM »
Thought some of you all might like to know we're in the process of bringing the page avatar system online...

There is a more or less ideal preview attached to the bottom of this post. Some of the avatars are already up as we work out compatibility with all the standard browsers. The current public theme is a compromise across all browsers and is still a work in progress until we determine how we will address cross browser compatibility issues. We apologize if the avatars look bad on your favorite browser, but we really need them public to properly test them (there is no need to let us know if browser X is having problems -- we're aiming to support all post-beta Firefox releases, Google Chrome, and IE to whatever extent possible)

We're also rolling out a number of new ad spots in the hope of generating revenue in order to compensate contributors as much as possible.

Enjoy smokin

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:18:49 PM by yksehtniycul »

* ava-preview.png (217.87 KB, 906x552 - viewed 1311 times.)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 02:53:10 AM »
The avatars seem to be good on all versions of of Firefox and Google Chrome now. The code is ridiculous, but it works. The bubble will actually automatically expand to any width/height which is pretty freaking amazing. IE is still posing problems, but they can wait.

The images can use some touching up, but the html seems solid sweatdrop

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 09:31:54 AM »
Awesome! It looks really cool!   cheesy

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: