DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:29:14 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: Persona 4 Official Design Works (Read 21635 times)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « on: October 17, 2008, 04:59:09 AM »

The new Persona 4 Official Design Works art book was released last week. Featuring the character designs of new series artist Shigenori Soejima, the book contains main character artwork of course, as well as Persona, Shadow, Commu, sensei, and an abundance of original character avatars. Because of the huge amount of content, this is a must-have item for Soejima fans.

Size: B5
Release: 2008/10/08
Price: 1700¥

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »

I think this is probably a pretty close look into the actual Megaten/Atlus style art process...

The second image was probably never touched by Soejima. I can't say for sure, but I know how artists work, and I'm pretty positive it would be a waste of time/money to have Soejima (or Kazuma) physically working on something like that. Most artists get lazy with age and success. My bet is Kaneko's SMTI&II catalog days are long behind him.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 07:40:32 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 11:14:44 AM »
Y'know as a friend and visitor to Kei's site,dokuganryu,I don't think he appreciates you direct linking/hot linking his scans like that.It's already bad enough others do it.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 01:24:20 PM »
This is why I propose we need a DDDB photobucket/flickr/any free image hosting dump account.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 03:32:16 PM »
This is why I propose we need a DDDB photobucket/flickr/any free image hosting dump account.

A) I don't know anything about that... if you wanna setup some protocol for forum image refs you don't have to ask my permission, but neither should you expect everyone to use it or chastise them if they don't (PM them once if you must)

B) If something ubiquitous was to be ultimately used it would need to be so flexible to happen automatically via the img bbcode and be able to automatically recognize duplicates. Unless there is a howto to set that scenario up on the internet, don't look at me to look into it for now.

C) Though it might be good "manners" to not share images online, the second you put a graphic on the web you should expect it to happen, and therefore it is up to Kei to use an image hosting service for his original links if he has a problem of that nature. There are also ways to use javascript to make images unlinkable (without failing to mention the images in this case are actually ripped from published materials in the first place)

D) There is no perfect way to handle image hosting in forums... whatever system you use links are bound to go dead eventually.

Now if you want to further discuss any of this, you should do it in another thread -- this is a NEWS post afterall.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 03:46:26 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 09:54:41 AM »
NEWS: Persona 4 Diseños Oficiales de Obras (Spanish)

El nuevo libro de arte "Persona 4 Official Design Works" fue lanzado a la venta la semana pasada. Mostrando los diseños de los caracteres del artista de las nuevas series, Shigenori Soejima. El libro, por supuesto, contiene las obras de arte de los protagonistas, así mismo como la de las Personas, Sombras, Commu, sensei y los avatares de los protagonistas en abundancia. Debido al enorme contenido del libro, se considera este como un "se debe tener" por todos aquellos fans de Soejima.

Tamaño: B5
Lanzamiento: 2008/10/08
Precio: 1700¥

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:49:18 AM by Emilio Morales »

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 10:07:43 AM »
I'll try to make these work one way or another asap. I should be able to swap out the writing at least pretty easy once I put my mind to it.

Btw, you probably wanna translate the titles too hearton

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 10:24:26 AM »
Ok, But I guess some titles such as this one should stay as they are. 'Cause I can't find a good way to put the words in Spanish, and if "Official Design Works" is the title of the artbook, we better leave it that way for Spanish too. We will have something like "Persona 4 Diseños Oficiales de Obras" and I really don't like that title too much sick but if you want I can change it, you decide.

I will translate the other titles of the other news that doesn't have a game, artbook or anything else's English title in it.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »
The title should probably be translated in this case according to our standards and practices thus far. The English in "quotes" could be left in the article I suppose.

PS: We translate the Japanese titles, so it would be nice I think to translate the English titles as well. Regardless the Japanese should be translated. If you're not sure, please leave me translated notes for anything like that ok. Treat them like you would if you were selling the games in a Spanish speaking market like AtlusUSA.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:35:06 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 10:42:34 AM »
Btw, we really need you to try to preserve all the html stuff like underlining... you can convert it to [bbcode] if you want. Even if I did it for you, I might not know where exactly to start and stop the underline sweatdrop

PS: As you do them, keep track of the titles in your Sea of Souls thread so I can credit you karma ok!!

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 10:44:21 AM »

PS: As you do them, keep track of the titles in your Sea of Souls thread so I can credit you karma ok!!

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 10:47:10 AM »
Ok, Got it!

Phoenix Gamma

View Profile WWW Email
CrazyGreg6
Phoenix Gamma phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 10:30:34 PM »
I've got a quick question: there wouldn't happen to be any translations of the interview or commentary, would there? I got this book in a contest, and I'm really interested in seeing what Soejima has to say since I'm an art major and all.

Phoenix Gamma has 6 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 11:28:51 PM »
I think a version of this comes with P4 in the states??

Phoenix Gamma

View Profile WWW Email
CrazyGreg6
Phoenix Gamma phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 11:44:05 PM »
No, I own both books. They're pretty different.

P4 Official Design Works (the Japanese book) is a lot bigger, has more illustrations, a few more portraits, the All-out-attack cut-ins, full body shots of the other S-Link characters (like the sports guys, the nurse at the hospital, etc.), renders of different locations, some anime storyboard stuff, a little bit o' interface design, and loads of commentary all over the place, concluded with a massive interview with Soejima.

::deep breath::

The pre-order art book in the states (Visual Data) has less illustrations at the beginning, fewer portraits, a lot less text/direct commentary from Soejima, no interview, but oddly enough includes larger prints of the early concept images (you know, like the girl standing in that river in town or whatever. Those are just thumbnails in the interview). Other concept sketches are removed completely (i.e. Margaret has her own page. Actually, I think every subcharacter does.)

I'm comparing them now, and the Japanese book is more than twice as big as what America got. But that's besides the point; there's a lot of commentary in this book, but since I lack knowledge of the language, the big interview at the end is kind of a waste :(

Oh well. It didn't cost me any money, so I guess I can't complain :D It'd just be nice if there was a translation for some of this floating around.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 11:55:18 PM by Phoenix Gamma »

Phoenix Gamma has 6 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: