DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:18:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to get up and move! (Read 57875 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 07:35:20 PM »
The Wordpress does a lot of "self-correcting," for lack of a better term, when I save posts.  It likes to retitle the permalink with whatever page title I'm using.  confused

It starts with a best guess (which normally would be fine)

I don't think it ever changes after the first title is set -- after which it waits a grace period before aquiring the initial link. At that point you just gotta be sure you save with the little button beside it (sanitizes the name) before saving again with the big button.

Basically we wanna use Tony's link names for now. So if there are any broken links on the net they will get fixed. After a redirect system is in place I might consider changing the urls, but I probably won't cause I'd have to setup more redirects for the current urls (unless I find a better way to redirect)

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: October 23, 2008, 12:14:07 AM »
The private button is right under the published state drop down. If you can't see it, don't worry about it. It doesn't matter until the page is published anyhow. Once it is it should be private to the author (after I make it private)

"Pending Review," and "Unpublished," are the only two options I get.

I fixed the permalinks for the pending review transfers.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #32 on: October 23, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »
You need to tell me if you can edit posts while they're "pending review".

Also you seem to have stripped the line feed tags from the information section of the Persona3 page at the top. The regular posts get churned through a preprocessor that adds that stuff every view more or less (save for most basic caching) which is a bit much. I'd rather not use that on the pages so we can have more control over the formatting if need be (and to save the processing overhead)

Also I noticed the screenshots on the P3 page are being slimmed by 10%. It isn't really noticeable and I'm not sure we should worry about sense it generally won't matter after I make the layout capable of being wider. But just throwing that out there. I really have no idea why Tony chose the page width he did. It was too big for 800x600 and a bit cramped otherwise.

You also need to tell me if you are going to correct the links on the game page or not.

PS: I've left the Persona3 page for you to fix btw.

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #33 on: October 23, 2008, 03:38:15 PM »
I can't fix the links on the game page.  Well, it doesn't show up in the manager at least.

Also you seem to have stripped the line feed tags from the information section of the Persona3 page at the top. The regular posts get churned through a preprocessor that adds that stuff every view more or less (save for most basic caching) which is a bit much. I'd rather not use that on the pages so we can have more control over the formatting if need be (and to save the processing overhead).

PS: I've left the Persona3 page for you to fix btw.

I would, but I'm not sure what line feed tags are? 

You need to tell me if you can edit posts while they're "pending review".

Yes.

EDIT:  Well you must have done something cos the games page just showed up in the Drafts section.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 03:47:50 PM by DevilRy »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #34 on: October 23, 2008, 04:21:14 PM »
EDIT:  Well you must have done something cos the games page just showed up in the Drafts section.
Well I took it out of private status. Can you see your own Private posts? I think I forgot to do that before.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #35 on: October 23, 2008, 04:29:58 PM »
Apparently at some point after I gave you control of those posts it broke the pages ability to pull out their content (the corresponding pages became blank)

I'm not sure why it did that since everything looks fine setup wise. I didn't expect that to happen, and I can't imagine why it would unless post names are changed in the database while not published confused

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #36 on: October 23, 2008, 04:37:29 PM »
Oh! Nevermind... you apparently changed the permalinks somehow. They should look like persona3-page, not persona3. I forgot about that part. The -page on the end of hte permalink is the most important part.

Are you going to fix the Games page's links btw? You have it in "pending review" status but it doesn't appear you touched it.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 05:18:33 PM »
I checked the revisions for the games page and I kinda see what you did. You missed the dashes in the Nocturne titles btw...

But at any rate, basically what I was hoping you'd help with is removing the website from the urls and inserting the "titles" pages into the urls so that the links will point to the correct new homes of the pages.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #38 on: October 23, 2008, 09:37:05 PM »
I didn't want my name up there at all I just thought it would be weird to paste his name onto something that would be unrecognizable as his previous page.  If I'm just shifting things around a bit I don't mind, but if I'm going to have to rewrite the whole thing eventually...  zahn

I think you're being too obtuse about Maken X.  It certainly deserves a mention on the games page.  We don't have to host FAQs or whatever but it deserves a shout at the very least, most likely to link to a future article on the subject; where it does/doesn't fit into the Megaten universe.
Maken X doesn't fit into the Megaten universe. I owned a copy and beat it. I love a first person close combat game as much as the next guy, but it isn't Megaten. At best it's associated with Atlus/Kaneko Kazuma, which is not the sole producer of Megaten products, and even if they were it still wouldn't qualify. I'm not being obtuse, it just isn't Megaten by any standard period, ergo it does not belong.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 02:48:03 PM »
Your DDS2 and Jack Bros articles have the same unbroken lines issues (no <br> etc. tags)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #40 on: October 25, 2008, 10:11:33 PM »
Are you putting in <span style="underline"></span> elements? You can use <u></u> instead. If you're not putting them in, Wordpress must be generating them somehow. Can you not fix these <br> issues btw?

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #41 on: October 26, 2008, 12:57:59 AM »
Are you putting in <span style="underline"></span> elements? You can use <u></u> instead. If you're not putting them in, Wordpress must be generating them somehow. Can you not fix these <br> issues btw?

Nah that must be another present from the Wordpress text editor.  doh  I'll get around to fixing this probably tomorrow.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #42 on: October 26, 2008, 09:28:03 AM »

Nah that must be another present from the Wordpress text editor.  doh  I'll get around to fixing this probably tomorrow.

I haven't actuallly entered many posts myself yet. Just the two sticky news items. But I don't think I've noticed anything strange from the admin perspective. What's going on must be a prefilter (filtering your input before it goes into the database) ...I might look into disabling all prefilters, but try to see if there aren't some odd options you're using. You're not using the "visual editor" are you? I think it's off by default, but it's basically wysiwyg. Just try to figure out what you can about what is going on if it's not too much trouble.

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #43 on: October 26, 2008, 02:54:55 PM »

I haven't actuallly entered many posts myself yet. Just the two sticky news items. But I don't think I've noticed anything strange from the admin perspective. What's going on must be a prefilter (filtering your input before it goes into the database) ...I might look into disabling all prefilters, but try to see if there aren't some odd options you're using. You're not using the "visual editor" are you? I think it's off by default, but it's basically wysiwyg. Just try to figure out what you can about what is going on if it's not too much trouble.

It defaults to the visual editor.  I must have left it in that mode when I went back in to change the permalink and saved the changes.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »
I disabled the visual editor for your account (you could've done the same from your user profile)

You probably turned that on yourself, but I could be wrong.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: