DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:07:26 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with your Demonary? (Read 106518 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 05:32:17 PM »
As for the layout of the spreadsheet, it's setup to be easily read by machines, not people biggrin

It's also setup so if someone does something wrong it won't effect the rest of the spreadsheet.

PS: In the Recipe field just add the special item needed, except for the high level Personae which require exactly two cards and two cards only. You can add those cards to the end. We can probably compute the cards for the others based on their arcana.

Also the Return cell is for the item you get when deleting the persona.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 05:36:17 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 05:40:22 PM »
Sure you can use the same setup for other games, but be careful to plan ahead before you start going crazy. Fortunately the arrangement I've chosen is very forgiving.

Don't worry, I guess I will work one game at a time, so if I need your opinion about somethin, I'll let you know.

I don't think your P1 Devils are right btw, not sure where you got those (other than from another game)

There is a FAQ for revelations on the site that appears to have most of the Personae stats in Tony's P1 FAQs area.

I'm working on the "Eternal Punishment" demonary right now, so don't mind those demons on the P1 sheet, they're from Eternal Punishment, but I made a mistake so I just copy them in the P1 sheet for a while.

Btw, I made some changes last night. You're already far ahead so it's up to you really. But I went ahead and merged the skill cells together because I thought it would take up less space. If you want to do it that way, just separate every skill with a semicolon and use something to represent a level with no new skill, ie. --, for example. You can leave off skills for the final levels if you don't know them or there aren't any.

If there's no problem with you, I guess I will keep the spells in one cell separated with semicolons for now. I will modify what I have until now. I will need help with some of the spell names from most of the demons/Personas, since I'm using "Google Traductor" to translate the pages to english, some spell names doesn't look well or have a different name, so I just put an asterisk on those spells that I'm not sure if they're correct.

Also recognize for names, the "English" name is basically a translation (probably the same as would appear in the Encyclopedia), the other names cells are for the Japanese name (in katakana) and the Atlus USA Revelations name. We will probably name the images after the English name instead of the Atlus USA name.

Ok, by now I just put both the English name and the Japanese names below the cell "English" separated by semicolons. I will take care of it in the future. wink

ALSO, I have a lot of empty cells by now, just give me some time to find the name of the items in english. I want to write all the "important" or "most easy to handle" information before putting things like the Returning Item, Flavor Texts and so on. But don't worry, I'll take care of it as soon as I can. wink

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »
Don't worry about translating anything yourself. If there is already a translation somewhere like on this page:

http://www.sumarucity.com/megami/wiki/index.php?title=Persona_Name_Changes

Go ahead and use that, but we have more comfortable translators (such as myself) worry about verifying translations and filling in the gaps. If you put in a bad translation it might take more time for us to follow your lead.

Just make sure you fill in the cells for the exact names used in the games. Try to get one or both if you can.

It's very important the words used in the skills and etcetera appear just as they do in the synonym table. So if it isn't too much trouble every time you come to a new name you should add it to the synonym table (find where it goes alphabetically and insert it)

That will be are way of knowing what words mean what across different versions of the game. And possibly even more. Eventually all of the game information will probably end up in the same database. Don't worry about putting Persona and devil names in the synonym table for now however.

The synonym table is just a lightweight way to keep track of everything until we have a detailed table for everything.

PS: The alphabetizing of the synonym table is to make it easier for editors to avoid double entries. It doesn't have to be alphabetized for technical reasons.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 05:51:33 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 05:49:48 PM »
Roger that. For now, just let me build the skeleton of the Demonary, then I will add the details and corrections.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 06:31:55 PM »
Roger that. For now, just let me build the skeleton of the Demonary, then I will add the details and corrections.

While you're at it, I recommend you order Personae by their levels instead of arcana. I know it might be counter intuitive, but it's easier to quickly find a Persona by level and all the databases might as well be consistent, and levels are the common denominator. And level is the first cell in each row after all.

Also be careful not to use the "sort by" options, as they'll probably mess up all the commenting rows -- though my guess is you could surely undo that, but if not undone it might mess up the database permanently except for rolling it back to a good revision.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 07:19:33 PM »

While you're at it, I recommend you order Personae by their levels instead of arcana. I know it might be counter intuitive, but it's easier to quickly find a Persona by level and all the databases might as well be consistent, and levels are the common denominator. And level is the first cell in each row after all.

Also be careful not to use the "sort by" options, as they'll probably mess up all the commenting rows -- though my guess is you could surely undo that, but if not undone it might mess up the database permanently except for rolling it back to a good revision.

By level then? Ok. I will write all the Personas by arcana for now, then I'll re-arrenge them later. Btw, I was thinking if the site provides you with a "Backup" of all the info, 'cause just imagine if someone just follows the link and starts deleting info O_O that wouldn't be so great!  nolaff

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 07:36:56 PM »
It keeps track of all changes. For now you have to ask permission to edit it them. It's possible they should all be in separate documents so editors can just get permission to work on one at a time. But we worry about that later.

In the meantime, I advise you to rearrange your rows by level now if you intend to, because rearranging it in the future might be very complicated and tedious sweatdrop

Also you should prepare them for others to help with as well rainbow

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 07:45:54 PM »
In the meantime, I advise you to rearrange your rows by level now if you intend to, because rearranging it in the future might be very complicated and tedious sweatdrop

Yeah, you have a good point in there! But the problem is when I'm typing the info it would be a greater pain to search in all the demons/Persona database of each game and re-arrenge them by level, and then write the info in the demonary since most of the sites you just find them by tarot affinity. So if you want in the meanwhile I can sort them by level in the tarot they belong and then, if I still have the will to do it, I can sort them again by level. (or someone can help me with sorting things out for us)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 08:00:01 PM »
If you can find one site listed by level it's not that hard. I understand though, but there isn't a whole lot to be done about it. Just be glad Persona lists tend to be shorter than Devil lists hearton

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »
Also it's not at all hard to add them in the order of your list, but just find the place where their level belongs and insert some rows. If you want to further sort the ones of the same level by arcana that's up to you.

After the database is setup they can be sorted however. Mostly it's easier to sort them by level because the first column is so slim.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
Well, with the demonary I'm working right now, I'm including devils too. Both Personas and Devils from P2:EP Both don't your worry! I'll add them by tarot and then I'll do what you said, just look, add some rows and paste the devil/Persona. wink

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 08:20:27 PM »
Before you add devils let me review your layout.

Btw, the information you're inputting doesn't seem to jive with Tony's screenshots for the most part. Are you sure you're sources are good?

You're not putting devils in the same table are you? We'll actually probably have to make separate spreadsheets for enemies in the Persona games, because you're pretty well stuck to the column boundaries, and it could get ugly if you tried to squeaze everything into one spreadsheet.

This is probably the last I'll post tonight on these matters. I might be away for a few days as well on the road.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:22:33 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 08:25:38 PM »
You can look at the links I put on the sheet, those 2 are my sources. And if you want me to do a Persona chart and then a Devil chart, is fine with me, better if you say it now and not when I'm done. sweatdrop

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 08:33:03 PM »
Woops, I think I deleted those links redface

You hadn't changed the link descriptions so I figured they were the same P1 links.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 08:43:58 PM »
Well, I'll post them tomorrow, since I have those in the other computer!  smug

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: