DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:48:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh boy, just bought a PS3 (Read 37949 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 03:55:52 PM »
^Yeah, thank you man. ;)

Sadly, American systems still read it as a Japanese CD and it will be region locked.

Hmmm, this might make it a little more tricky for me.

A modded system most likely won't care. That is it should be modded to play both Japanese (or any region) and burned media (not officially pressed by Sony discs)

Speaking of which, I'm going to have a time modding this PS3 msmiley2 http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/499497

Well that just gets you to the point you can use Swap Magic -- and without permanently harming your unit each use at that   sweatdrop

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:02:11 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
Yeah, I was talking about unmodded American systems. If you have a modded one, you're good to go. I don't so it's emulation or my PSP for me :/.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:22:47 PM by Neao »

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 05:02:09 PM »
Yeah, I was talking about unmodded American systems. If you have a modded one, you're good to go. I don't so it's emulation or my PSP for me :/.

Don't think I've ever heard of a un-modded Playstation playing a burned game. I think the disc has to be pressed in a special way. Though I've heard of some odd drives and software tricks that are able to fool the Playstations, but the hardware seems to be hard to come by. I think the problem is the official discs have intentional errors pressed into them, which normal writing software and even chips built-in to hardware prevent from ever happening or being copied over.

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 06:21:48 PM »
Don't think I've ever heard of a un-modded Playstation playing a burned game.

Yeah, that's the part where I pretty much talked out of my ass. I didn't know if burned games actually played on the PS1 or there was something similar to a region lock. Ah well, it still stands that if you don't have a modded PS1, you'll be playing it on an emulator or PSP.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 08:30:12 PM »
I've had that PS3 for a couple days. Everything is ok pretty much. Took me about 20mins to figure out the metal etchings on it were buttons! I actually discovered that when picking thing up to look for more buttons tongue

I discovered this model has no card readers... including PS2/PS memory card ports! I'm going to have to figure out a way to get my cards on disk somehow I guess. That is pretty cruel considering hope tricky I imagine it is to do that nolaff

Seems I can't buy games from the PSN store without a Japanese credit card. I can probably earn points somehow, but screw that!

If I bought English PS1/PS2 games from the PSN store I'm not even sure they would play for region purposes.

My first PS3 game is in the mail  aroused

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 08:31:48 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #35 on: October 14, 2008, 07:56:54 PM »
A new King's Field bastard child is in incubation:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/demonssoul/news.html?sid=6198938&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title

Dunno if I'll look into this one, but it's good to know Fromsoftware has people working on Medieval assets ninja

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: