DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:11:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: New Rules for Posting *work in progress* (Read 9744 times)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « on: August 23, 2008, 12:33:21 PM »
I suppose what I posted in the other thread was a little confusing.   doh  I'll make it simple.

The Rules Which Q Wishes To Implement:
-No Rules.  Just use your damn noggin and common sense.  That goes for users, mods, and admins all alike.   tongue  Users use their common sense to behave accordingly, and mods/admins use theirs to do the same, and take appropriate action against those causing mayhem.

That shouldn't be too tough, right?  face15

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 01:20:59 PM »

Oh yeah, if only "common sense" was enough. The general problem tends to be common-sense actually. Or the differences there of. And how much anyone should be penalized for differing!

The rules are meant to be scalable while users are given more freedoms than they might've perceived to have had otherwise or before. Rules are not something to be coy about. If you're not willing to be serious, you're better off disengaging yourself from the rule crafting process.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:50:06 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 03:18:34 PM »

Oh yeah, if only "common sense" was enough. The general problem tends to be common-sense actually. Or the differences there of. And how much anyone should be penalized for differing!

The rules are meant to be scalable while users are given more freedoms than they might've perceived to have had otherwise or before. Rules are not something to be coy about. If you're not willing to be serious, you're better off disengaging yourself from the rule crafting process.

I'm dead serious.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 12:38:53 AM »
I'm dead serious.

Ok, then your proposal is "no rules", so just post, "I propose no rules!"

Unfortunately we lack the infinite resources required to moderate a society without rules. Nor can we afford to risk the operation of the website to the premise that if there are no rules, nothing bad can happen, and if it does some resolution can be conceived on spot, by what authority, and by whose hand.

Understand this forum is also the means by which development of the website will be orchestrated and the venue from which users may be elevated to do so. Any moderators will be expected to follow this code of conduct or they will no longer be moderators. Moderators just can't invent their sense of purpose on the fly without disenfranchising users.

These rules aren't open to negotiation. Jose as the presumed individual legally responsible for the website will sign off on them. You're welcome to comment or ask for clarification. Your comments might inadvertently influence the scope and tenner of the rules.

Basically I advise you to first read the rules, and then decide if they will actually effect your own business here. If not, please respect our attempt to accommodate others as well.

Also bear in mind, as I'm forced to acknowledge your posting, you're delaying the publishing of the new forum. After the forum is finally published I won't have as much time to allot to it. I'm a bit perturbed already that it has taken so long to do so.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 04:18:57 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:06:45 AM »
I'm dead serious.

Ok, then your proposal is "no rules", so just post, "I propose no rules!"

Unfortunately we lack the infinite resources required to moderate a society without rules. Nor can we afford to risk the operation of the website to the premise that if there are no rules, nothing bad can happen, and if it does some resolution can be conceived on spot, by what authority, and by whose hand.

Understand this forum is also the means by which development of the website will be orchestrated and the venue from which users may be elevated to do so. Any moderators will be expected to follow this code of conduct or they will no longer be moderators. Moderators just can't invent their sense of purpose on the fly without disenfranchising users.

These rules aren't open to negotiation. Jose as the presumed individual legally responsible for the website will sign off on them. You're welcome to comment or ask for clarification. Your comments might inadvertently influence the scope and tenner of the rules.

Basically I advise you to first read the rules, and then decide if they will actually effect your own business here. If not, please respect our attempt to accommodate others as well.

Also bear in mind, as I'm forced to acknowledge your posting, you're delaying the publishing of the new forum. After the forum is finally published I won't have as much time to allot to it. I'm a bit perturbed already that it has taken so long to do so.

I'm not denying the rules or anything, nor will they be a hindrance to me either.  :<  I'm just saying later down the road, it'll become less troublesome...

But, if that's what you and Jose think, then that's how it goes.

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: