DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:22:37 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okada's Monster Kingdom (Read 11980 times)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « on: September 01, 2005, 02:41:00 AM »
So, Kouji/Cozy Okada and his somewhat new company, Gaia Games, have announced their first (I believe it'd be their first) game, which will be for the PSP, titled "Monster Kingdom".

Quote from: RPGFan
Gaia Games, the studio of Shin Megami Tensei mastermind Kouji Okada, finally announced its first project in the newest issue of Weekly Famitsuu. Titled Monster Kingdom, the game is an original RPG for PlayStation Portable and will be published by Sony Computer Entertainment in Japan.

As a fantasy RPG, Monster Kingdom puts players in control of the Jewel Summoner Wyse. Jewel Summoners are capable of calling upon monsters that have been transformed into jewels. Wyse is travelling to find Shenah, who murdered his mother. Always on his side is a monster appropiately called Schatten (German for shadow). Other Jewel Summoners include the son of a former head of parliament named Grey and Lin who has long forseen Shenah's menace.

Gameplay-wise, Monster Kingdom places a heavy emphasis on the collection of monsters. More than 100 of those creatures will be ready to head into battle with you. Thanks to Wi-Fi support, players can trade their monsters and challenge fellow users online.

Monster Kingdom will be available in Japan sometime in winter 2005.

So, what are your thoughts? Not really a game I'm looking forward to, as it doesn't seem like it'll be as "serious" as games like Shin Megami Tensei. I'm not quite sure if the gameplay will be like Shin Megami Tensei, or more like *cough* Pokémon... RPGFan's description kind of gives me the feeling it'll be more like the latter. Though, RPGFan isn't usually one to be trusted when it comes to accuracy... So, yeah. I'm hoping it'll be good -- and won't wind up being a Devil Children-esque game.

(Original article can be found Here).

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 03:50:35 PM »
Apparently, the Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner website is up. here. There'll also be a bunch of composers -- including Tsukasa Masuko, and a plethora of other non-important composers.

Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, Breath of Fire V, Ogre Battle series)
Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht)
Kenji Itou (SaGa series, Sword of Mana)
Youko Shimomura (Parasite Eve, Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana, Kingdom Hearts series)
Shinji Hosoe (Ridge Racer series, Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Boese)
Masaharu Iwata (Ogre Battle series, Shadow Hearts, Treasure Hunter G)
Tsukasa Masuko (Shin Megami Tensei series)
Yasuyuki Suzuki (Kyojin no Doshin, Taiyou no Shippo)
Ayako Sasou (Ridge Racer series, Beatmania series, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)
Takahiro Ogata (Maken series, Shin Megami Tensei NINE)

http://rpgfan.com/news/2005/1849.html

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 01:15:04 PM »
Almost sounds like 'Azure Dreams' to me. If you replace his Mother with his Father.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 01:57:25 PM »
Yeah, admittedly, this does kind of reek of "been there, done that", but I will give it the benefit of the doubt considering who is involved. It could turn out.

The website presents the game in a more realistic and dark fashion that the initial descriptions led me to believe. Those screen shots are tiny too, lol, but at least Flash lets you zoom in.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Cho

View Profile Email
Cho phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 03:32:30 PM »
I like Rin's tropical look. Sexy. Incredibly impractical, but sexy.

Cho has 59 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 03:35:48 PM »
Quote from: Cho
I like Rin's tropical look. Sexy. Incredibly impractical, but sexy.

I don't know if those are tan-lines she's got, but they're creepy.

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 08:26:22 PM »
As long as it hits the ps2 or 3 whenever is shows up and the U.S I'm great. Wish him the best. tinfoil Can you tell this is my fave smilie?

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 08:43:09 PM »
Quote from: Soulless_Beast
As long as it hits the ps2 or 3 whenever is shows up and the U.S

PSP is the only thing it'll be on.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 05:03:25 PM by Argilla »

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 01:41:38 AM »
Azure Dreams.. I remember that game,I will always hate that tower. I do realize it was part of the game.. just it really did blow having to restart from level 1 everytime you entered it.

Anyways.. I really like the character and monster designs for this game.Maybe I will buy this game too.. and if I do,this will probably be my second game for my PSP.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 02:00:26 PM »
1UP has posted a small entry regarding Monster Kingdom, if anyone is interested in learning a bit more about the game.

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 08:35:54 PM »
Famitsu wound up giving this game a Platinum score... which isn't very easy. I haven't really looked into it in a while. Wonder if it'll come out here.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: