DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:31:59 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 4 (Read 34840 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 07:17:05 PM »
Really cool merchandise, but I haven't pre-order my copy of P4 yet! >_< so I guess I'll have to take care of that first and then see if I'm able to buy that other pack or merchandise.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 10:07:17 PM »
Finally! My P4 copy arrived today!! I'm so excited cheesy but I will open it and play it on Decemeber 31 razz

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 10:27:26 PM »
Don't get too excited rolleyes

I played a copy of P4 DevilRy found one night for more than two hours of just hitting the circle button over and over immediately and nothing else, and the game still had not begun!! doh

It was honestly the weirdest thing ever... I can't really figure out how we got to this point as gamers confused

During the whole time I saved five times without ever playing anything, just in case I tried to get to the gameplay later. But I never did, and I never saw any gameplay. Eventually I found out the dialog would progress automatically, so I just left the game alone until it finished so I didn't even have to suffer through jamming on the circle button. Still no gameplay in sight ninja

Either way, I hope you can still find time to help with the demonary. I know you've already helped soooo much, but it would be cool to actually fully finish one (subsequent ones won't be as complicated as the first fortunately)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:29:14 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 09:34:09 AM »
Either way, I hope you can still find time to help with the demonary. I know you've already helped soooo much, but it would be cool to actually fully finish one (subsequent ones won't be as complicated as the first fortunately)

There's a lot we need to do with the demonary and we totally need some help, 'cause lately the Internet service here on my office has been pretty shitty, and I can barely finish all the work that I have to do. I will try to find time for the demonary but in the meantime, it would be cool to start asking for help in other places.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 09:53:46 AM »
...it would be cool to start asking for help in other places.

It would be cool to start finding help in other places!! rainbow crying sick geno biggrin razz

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 04:09:19 PM »
I think most people freak out over the new Personas because they're basically pseudo-interactive anime.  I like some of the visual style and presentation, but the gameplay is virtually nonexistent.  North American reviewers are giving it unbelievably high scores...  1up.com A+, GamePro 5/5, IGN 9.0, Wired magazine gave it 10/10.  It makes me wonder if they even played the game...  I mean they did sit through the two hours of cut scenes at the beginning, right?

Maybe I should give it another chance...  I just wish it was in anyway engaging.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 08:56:40 PM »
I thought the gameplay in P3 was sufficient, and didn't find the dating sim elements tedious... it could've jumped into the action sooner, but wasn't ridiculous. P4 on the other hand is ridiculous times at least 10 (depending on how many hours without any gameplay at all!! -- or cutscenes afaik for that matter)

Maybe it's supposed to be a game for the people who played P3, played FES, and still haven't had enough!! At which point I suppose, if I'd gone that far down the rabbit hole, there's a chance I could bear it... though it would still make me wanna put an evoker to the Atlus CEO's head (or possibly up his ass -- though probably he's been there done that)

Frankly I couldn't get over the fact that any game like that existed... it was worse than 80s adventure game setups! This rant isn't over... but I've shit to do (discuss)

Oh yeah, fuck the fact Atlus wasted a sequel on P4 (FF13 is lagging behind, quick let's catch up...) and fuck the three character names while I'm at it!! Wtf, we have fewer characters to work with than FF1 now confused ooo(and I'm gonna have to come up with a clever set of kanji that phonetically imitate my gaijin ass name)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 10:01:13 AM by yksehtniycul »

OdioOmnus

View Profile Email
OdioOmnus phones it in,
 « Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 08:07:44 AM »
Uh what? I had no problems at all with the intro, and once I got into the meat of the game I found some fantastic gameplay improvements that more than made up for the wait. The intro is long, yes, but there's enough interactivity and setup for the plot to make it worthwhile. Then again, I liked Xenosaga and MGS4 so take it as you will.

TL;DR - Stick with the game for a while you ADHD douches.  wink

OdioOmnus has 5 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 09:36:56 AM »
I have a hard time calling something that is non-interactive and requires 2hrs plus of insipid back and forth dialogue a game. I'm not saying it's wrong... but it's probably really bad game design by any standard. At the least such a game requires a new genre ninja

Maybe there is a game tacked on to the end somewhere but if so I'm not sure asking people to sit on their ass like that for sooooo long is fair. I think we hardly have time to play games in the first place, much less not even get to twiddle our thumbs for two hours rolleyes

Finally because of the demanding setup, it's hard to imagine new players being picked up by P4. So you have to wonder if it was appropriate to blow the #4 on this one. I bet there are some expansion games on the way, or the 4 would've probably been held back. I think the whole TV/Murderer scenario sounds like it might be cool... and I keep wondering where will the Velvet Room will show up next from game to game?? I would just prefer to jump right into a game, at least as efficiently as every Atlus RPG has to this point.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 09:50:06 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 10:09:33 AM »
Btw... If anyone out there does really digs P4, we could really use a P4 section for the website crying

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever find a single soul to do serious writing for the website again sweatdrop

DevilRy can't do it all. We don't need English majors, just a fans with time to kill. We can edit articles if necessary -- not to mention articles are good for money for as long as the article is up and the website ads are bringing in some bacon.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 11:53:39 PM »
Here is a review I noticed in our advertisements...

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/1896/Persona_4_Review.html

I saw another online review the other day that mentioned it taking 4hrs to get to the gameplay, but it didn't seem to bother the reviewer...

I'm not sure what the world is coming to, but if it takes hours before you get to play anything that should be printed right beside the sticker. If I rented a game and didn't get to play anything for that long, I'd return it and not leave without a refund / be pissed as hell.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 08:05:05 PM »
Well, it's true that you spend between 3 and 4 hours until finally play the game, but to tell you the truth, I didn't mind it, I was enjoying the story. tongue But it would be tedious for someone who wants to jump to the action right away. nolaff

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #27 on: January 04, 2009, 08:15:33 PM »
It's a sign of the apocalypse eek

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #28 on: January 04, 2009, 09:15:06 PM »
At least you get a couple of battles between all that story. smug

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 02:11:09 PM »
The struggle is made that much more epic when Japanese isn't your first language.  doh

I'm thinking I'll be lazy with this one too and wait around for the undub.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: