DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:29:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei - translation/walkthrough (Read 26078 times)
teh_lvler

View Profile
teh_lvler phones it in,
 « on: September 14, 2008, 04:13:09 PM »
I created a translation/walkthrough for Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei. I attached the file to this post. The new versions will be uploaded on gamefaqs.

Right now, only the translation/walkthrough of the first Megami Tensei is complete. The one for Megami Tensei II is still in writing process.

I wrote this guide so that anybody could enjoy Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei without the need of having any Japanese knowledge at all. It’s impressive to see how many key elements of the Megaten series originated from the first two games. I completely got sucked in those two games.

* kyuuyaku.txt (90.79 KB - downloaded 1256 times.)

teh_lvler has 11 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 04:29:47 PM »
Awesome, Kyuuyaku is my fav smokin

Is your Japanese airtight? I'll definitely help if I can in any way, but it's been a while for me...

Good luck with II. It's much heavier in the text dept. aroused

edited: What kind of strategy guides are you using?

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 04:33:10 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
teh_lvler

View Profile
teh_lvler phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
Awesome, Kyuuyaku is my fav smokin

Is your Japanese airtight? I'll definitely help if I can in any way, but it's been a while for me...

Good luck with II. It's much heavier in the text dept. aroused

I think my Japanese is pretty decent, around JLPT 2kyuu or so.

When there’s something I’m not sure of, I ask my Japanese friends for help, but sometimes even for Japanese people stuff in Megaten games is difficult to understand. biggrin

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 05:44:35 PM »
Oh yeah, I deleted that post actually biggrin (I don't think you'd posted yet by the time I did)

I realized I got my statues mixed up  redface

Now I know why I never found anything on Tabasa  doh

I gotta admit, I haven't had much luck making many connections in MT1 between actual mythological artifacts and figures.

Btw, what is "Wolf" in the end? Could that be Kerberos?

I always thought "Rick" was Lich, but then I thought Lich was pronounced with a hard K back then. Does he change into Bastet? There might be some connection?

I forgot about Gaia I guess. Odd name for a dude in his situation.

edited: Ah, I see you deleted your post too! I totally apologize for the mixup wink

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 05:48:08 PM by yksehtniycul »

teh_lvler

View Profile
teh_lvler phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 06:00:07 PM »
Oh yeah, I deleted that post actually biggrin (I don't think you'd posted yet by the time I did)

I was actually thinking about the Tabasa statue. I gotta admit, I haven't had much luck making many connections in MT1 between actual mythological artifacts and figures.

Btw, what is "Wolf" in the end? Could that be Kerberos?

I always thought "Rick" was Lich, but then I thought Lich was pronounced with a hard K back then. Does he change into Bastet? There might be some connection?

I forgot about Gaia I guess. Odd name for a dude in his situation.

edited: Ah, I see you deleted your post too! I totally apologize for the mixup wink

Yes, that's Kerberos. I wrote "wolf" just because I forgot his name and then just forgot about it. I will edit that right now.

リック is written "Rick" in the ending, so I used "Rick" in my walkthrough. Yea maybe he changes into something if you keep him long enough in your party, but I'm really not sure about that. I will have to do some researches about it.

I'm not using any strategy guides, but I had to search on the internet to figure out how to get the 白龍の玉White dragon gem and the ヒノカグツチの剣Hinokaguchi’s sword

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 06:30:46 PM »
Does "Rick" enter your party story wise? As I recall he does eventually change into a Nekomata like devil (palette swapped) and I'm pretty sure he goes into your playable party then -- there are certain conditions to make that happen naturally. I'm pretty sure the devil he becomes is Bastet. I will have to read your guide in his sections to recall the scenario completely.

Did you have Kerberos in your party when you finished btw? I can't remember if I recall a message from him in the end or not. There are so many bonuses in Kyuuyaku, and carry overs into MT2 from MT1 -- it really pays to use a guide to sort them all out. I have a saved game starting MT2 from MT1. But my first time thru I played both games simultaneously, and probably finished II first, so I couldn't get the bonuses that cross games (starting 2 from a 1 game finish)

Word of warning if you haven't finished II yet. Don't save your game if you get the true ending in the gold version of the shelter, or you will be stuck there before the end game sequence and can't keep exploring the game prior to finishing the boss.

MT2 is one of my top two games of all time! I just love it especially as Megaten worlds go, and I just gotta pick one Megaten game to rank in my top two sweatdrop

Have you played thru MT2 once already? Let me know where you're at, and I'll try to coach you to the true ending if you need help. The true ending ends battling with Satan then YHVH instead of Lucifer (Lucifer joins your party as a Majin)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 06:33:46 PM by yksehtniycul »

teh_lvler

View Profile
teh_lvler phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »
After you save Rick in the dungeon of Valhalla, he transforms himself into a different demon and offers you to join your party. When I played, he changed himself into a Kawancha(a pink skeleton). Maybe he transforms himself into a different demon depending on your level or something?

I am still in the beginning of MT2 and am not very knowledgeable about that game. I will need to do lots of researches!

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 11:57:36 PM »
Will do!

[spoiler]

I think the first step is when you defeat Baal (pretty sure that is the right name) he will transform into a frog. You can either finish him (kill the frog) or take the frog along with you. You'll want to bring him along... after you've made it that far, let me know, and I'll try to nail down the next step.

[/spoiler]

teh_lvler

View Profile
teh_lvler phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 12:28:04 AM »
Thanks yksehtniycul, I will let you know.

I found 2 things that get transferred from the first MT game to MT2:

[spoiler]

If you get the Rag’s Shop Member’s card in MT1, the kid in front of the computer room on MT2 will find it and give it to you.

After saving Izanami in MT1, she takes your絹の糸Silk thread. I guess she will weave something with it in heaven and then give it to you in MT2

[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:29:57 AM by teh_lvler »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 12:50:45 AM »
Yes, there are a number of connections. Are you discovering these on the Japanese internet? Or just noticing as you play along?

I'll try to list as many as I can when I get a chance.

teh_lvler

View Profile
teh_lvler phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 01:29:27 AM »
edit: On a Japanese website, I found 3 other things that you can do after beating MT1.

[spoiler]

You can go to the ゴミの山Trash Mountain
You can get some secret majins
You can meet meet Jack Papa & Mama

[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:12:34 PM by teh_lvler »

teh_lvler

View Profile
teh_lvler phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 06:23:01 PM »
sorry for the double posting, but does anyone knows what are the default names of the three main characters? Hero, Shojo, and Companion are kinda boring...

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »
My manual calls them hero, friend, and witch. I would just call them, you, your friend, and the witch smile

By the time you join sides with the witch/heroine, you'll probably never refer to the characters by name anyhow... except for the friend, who become the dark hero, or "dark champion" might read better. I wouldn't refer to the heroine as witch after you join sides with her. I'm not sure if you ever separate or not from then on.

Are you playing by cart or emulator btw?

teh_lvler

View Profile
teh_lvler phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 05:57:04 PM »
Are you playing by cart or emulator btw?

I'm playing using an emulator. I just bought Persona 3 FES, which greatly reduce my productivity on that project.  sweatdrop

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 06:24:46 PM »
P3 is cool but Kyuuyaku Megaten II is better hearton

Please don't give up rainbow

PS: Are we sure this one is 100% completeable via emulation?

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: