DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:49:37 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tony and the graphics situation?? (Read 73193 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 05:58:29 AM »
Also I need you to clean those little green specks out of Jakyou's dirty old robes.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 02:54:37 PM »
Why can't we use Kerberos for IMAGINE news?  I think it makes more sense than using a polygonal model.  Plus, I have no idea who that character is.

Igor is too hunched to accurately crop only at the bottom, the DS image itself is cropped on either side already, and the Jack Bros. image would be the whole frame if I didn't crop it at either side.  Granted, the Kerberos one is a little wonky, but he just looks like a white lion if you don't include any of his spine.

I'll see what I can do about cleaning up Jyakyou.  In the meantime we can hammer out what to use for IMAGINE related news.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »
Why can't we use Kerberos for IMAGINE news?  I think it makes more sense than using a polygonal model.  Plus, I have no idea who that character is.

Then play IMAGINE wink

Igor is too hunched to accurately crop only at the bottom, the DS image itself is cropped on either side already, and the Jack Bros. image would be the whole frame if I didn't crop it at either side.  Granted, the Kerberos one is a little wonky, but he just looks like a white lion if you don't include any of his spine.

Kerberos is out. I can scan the entire DS image if it's needed. And Igor's hunch is good to go. Basically like I said, I can't use it if it is cropped wrong.

I'll see what I can do about cleaning up Jyakyou.  In the meantime we can hammer out what to use for IMAGINE related news.

We can use Snakeman. I'll get a larger screenshot before everything is up. Don't worry about the sizes. I'll re-size them to whatever is needed. It'll take me a while before I'll be able to get to these at any rate...

Like I said before. Crop at the chest... and we're not using anything without a recognizable neck/head (Kerberos doesn't qualify -- besides Kerberos is too generic to represent any title, much less IMAGINE)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:04:17 PM by yksehtniycul »

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 03:16:46 PM »
Then play IMAGINE wink

Can't.  Computer sucks.  face15  Plus MMORPGs are boring.

Kerberos is out. I can scan the entire DS image if it's needed. And Igor's hunch is good to go. Basically like I said, I can't use it if it is cropped wrong.

So the Igor one is usable then?

We can use Snakeman. I'll get a larger screenshot before everything is up. Don't worry about the sizes. I'll re-size them to whatever is needed. It'll take me a while before I'll be able to get to these at any rate...

It's going to look ugly.  Art, art, art, polygons, art, art, art.  It'll look weird and out of place.

Like I said before. Crop at the chest... and we're not using anything without a recognizable neck/head (Kerberos doesn't qualify -- besides Kerberos is too generic to represent any title, much less IMAGINE)

I DID crop at the chest... For every single one.   confused  Kerberos has been on everything I've seen regarding Imagine (even the icons for the Japanese site), whereas I've never seen broke-ass Escape from New York Snake on anything.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 03:26:48 PM »
I think Snakeman will look ok. Once you shrink it down to avatar size it'll look like the others more or less save for the faux ink lines (I won't stop you from adding some if you wanna)

Igor is great. But like I've been saying his back is missing. Correct that. The same Igor was/is on the old Revelations banner, so I know "the back is out there."

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 03:37:27 PM »
Hmmmm...  Well...

I'm thinking you're better off on your own for this one.  You're more than capable of doing this all yourself and I don't feel like trying to anticipate you to avoid redoing everything every step of the way.

Good luck though.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 03:48:22 PM »
I've no plans of doing anything around here on my own. In fact it's a super burden on me, so every thing I don't technically have to do, I'd prefer to do everything I can to avoid doing.

All I asked is you re-crop Igor so he has a back. If that's too much trouble, please don't try to make me feel all guilty.

It's not as if I didn't issue clear instructions up front sweatdrop

edited: You didn't have to crop anything at all technically. But I need someone's help for the image hunt and processing. This is a charity after all.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:52:22 PM by yksehtniycul »

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 04:06:38 PM »
Well I'm not going to do it all for you.  If you want specific things with the website you have to lay them out specifically and implicitly.  The only reason I prepared those images was for something to break on between bouts of painting.

Pointedly, you were NOT clear about cropping on either side of the image until after I already did it.  It's not that big of a deal but you can't say you were specific about this before hand.

I'd rather not get into an argument with you about the finer points of graphic design but I'd like to point out that a crop of Igor hunched over his phone looks a lot better without the hump.

I'm just starting to get the distinct feeling that this isn't going to work out and I'd rather not waste my time. 

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #38 on: October 05, 2008, 04:14:29 PM »
The avatars should more or less all look as similar in style as possible, but should be actual production art from the game probably. They should basically look like the avatars you'd expect to see next to a text box in a game. The avatars will have completely transparent backgrounds and should only be flat on the bottom.

I type "at any rate" too often when banging out posts redface

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 04:20:20 PM »
I'm just starting to get the distinct feeling that this isn't going to work out and I'd rather not waste my time. 

I thought you did a fine job of it. I'm trying to match your enthusiasm, but I'm pouring a lot more hours into rehabilitating this website-con-community than I'd probably like to. However you feel I hope you'll keep an air of good humor about yourself. If you have doubts or sour feelings, please try to use the PM facilities.

Igor is a hunch back. Besides like I said, I can't use him as is. I don't intend to stick the avatars in portals. The layout will be more 3D than that. You'll like it, but it's not worth the time to explain. We need category avatars. If you can't help, all we can do is wait on another white knight to save the day...

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #40 on: October 05, 2008, 04:33:48 PM »
PS: Nothing here is "for [me]". I can't stress that enough. I'm just trying to preserve a piece of the internet that represents a lot of peoples time and care. Though I appreciate your personal donation of time to the edifice that is this website. Try to appreciate it's a drop in the bucket compared to my own. If anything I deserve a serious vacation any day now. Without experience operating all aspects of a website, it's hard to consider the amount of effort required. Much less all the challenges this particular site's situation entail. So please, please spare me your grief - unless it's just killing you inside, I don't need it.

Technically we gotta get a minimal functional presentation back up so the site can move forward. I encourage anyone to please help me help us do that however you can.

If the site languishes, it's because the community let it. Not because someone abandoned it and someone else disappeared. I think that's a fair deal, and I'll stand by it.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 04:38:53 PM by yksehtniycul »

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #41 on: October 05, 2008, 04:35:59 PM »
Actually I read it as "will have transparent backgrounds only and should be flat on the bottom."

Random dyslexia?  doh

I still think Kerberos is a better choice for Imagine, though maybe not that image.  There's got to be a better choice than that Snakeman character.   

http://www.mmo-station.com/_special/megami/1.jpg
http://megaten.mmorpg.bz/images/title.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ot4VY5efL._SS500_.jpg

I see Cu Chulain a lot though too...
http://www.gungho.jp/megami/campaign/images/campaign/webmoney080424/title01_wm.jpg

It just seems like Kerberos is on pretty much all the packaging and advertising.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #42 on: October 05, 2008, 04:42:38 PM »
If you played IMAGINE you'd understand why Snakeman is the only possible choice. Besides, Kerberos is completely inappropriate and doesn't represent IMAGINE at all frankly. Of course you'll see him and Cu Chulaind.... they're probably the most well known powerful Devils these days... hence why the two servers are named after them. Neither plays a role in IMAGINE.

Garmr is 100x more IMAGINE than Kerberos for example.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 04:44:21 PM by yksehtniycul »

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 06:44:04 PM »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 07:24:14 PM »
Those'll work. I'll see you get a heaping serving of karma as usual sooner or later smokin

Igor has got to be probably the best all around character Megaten has spawned yet aroused

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: