DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:21:06 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Some Information Regarding The Main Site (Read 11253 times)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « on: September 11, 2008, 01:40:36 AM »
Just need a quick rundown regarding the current coding status of the main site.  I needn't mention all the lost pages.

I also need to know the plans for the news system on the front page.  Just need to know the current plans, cause I happen to have a few tricks up my sleeve.  Don't want you guys wasting any effort, y'know?

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 07:06:18 AM »
Please let us know which pages are missing.

We are focusing on the bbs atm. As we feel that this is the core of the website.

I haven't reviewed if there was any particular CMS (content management system) going on on the news page or not. Obviously right now it is in limbo. We will just be posting news about the site's resuscitation there for now.

I'd like to determine what will be done about the graphical layout before jump starting the main site anew. For that we need a waiting period to give Tony a chance to get back to us. If he is a no show, then first things first we'll have to figure out the presentation overall.

I think the articles on the main site are it's meat and potatoes. So that will have to suffice for now. We can go ahead an work on the demonary in the meantime. But because the News is the front page, it's better to wait until we know what the main site will look like before broaching it.

If you want to add an article to the site, we will post a link to it on the front page.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:21:41 PM »
The site doesn't really need a graphical overhaul...  Well, unless Tony really wants it.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 06:28:56 AM »
Tony dumped the site. You can't develop a site without graphics. If Tony wants it to stay the way it is, then there must be graphics, otherwise that is impossible. The internet doesn't run on magic  doh

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 12:59:20 PM »
http://www.digitaldevildb.com/

What the hell are you talking about...it looks the same as always.  Unless you're referring to the media graphics...  Cause, like, I was talking about the layout dude...

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 06:04:15 PM »
The layout is graphical dude smokin

Some simple examples of what is required:

A) We need the DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE logo not superimposed on an existing image, or better yet the fonts

B) We need the banner background without any overlays.

C) We need all the game theme overlays without the background behind them

D) We need this stuff in as high resolution as possible, including the other background images.

The entire main site appears to be based on wordpress. I'll try to look into it and see what I can't open up to users.

I dunno just yet if sections like the Demonary are generated by wordpress directly or not.

edited: It's very possible everyone can help track down all this stuff from scratch. My point is simply there is a lot which needs to be done before making everything wide open -- a lot of which users can help with in the meantime.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 06:10:35 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 06:14:47 PM »
I also need to know the plans for the news system on the front page.  Just need to know the current plans, cause I happen to have a few tricks up my sleeve.  Don't want you guys wasting any effort, y'know?
Whatever you have in mind, you might as well share it.

To answere your question, most probably we'll be using the wordpress sytem already in place.

Personally I'd like to adapt the main site to fill up the browser more. Also it has a number of text scaling issues. However as soon as I have time to figure out what wordpress is, you all can start adding news bulletins asap if you like.

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 12:33:03 AM »
Well, alright...

Simply put, a friend of mine developed a badass news system that, more or less, connects to the message boards.  Rather than logging onto a seperate site account or anything, you can just scurry over to the News and Announcements or something, make a new thread, and it'll appear as a news post on the front page.

As I recall, it's compatible with virtually every BBS.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 06:44:56 AM »
Link to the sources. If it's extremely sophisticated we may use it.

Otherwise, it might be used, but not directly onto the front page.

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »

Not anymore.  I'd say up there in that special little thread, you lost everything I had to offer.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 01:59:52 PM »

Not anymore.  I'd say up there in that special little thread, you lost everything I had to offer.

Careful, this is precisely the kind of behavior that isn't going to fly around here sweatdrop

« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 02:27:32 PM by yksehtniycul »

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: