DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:05:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About name changing... (Read 24722 times)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 12:51:39 AM »
There are independent post level based titles. I erased the names, so you just see stars.

Btw, you can't declare yourself "DDDB Official" anything *points to your user title*

If user customizable titles become a problem I'll lock them so they must be changed by request.

Wow, are you kidding me? It's a stupid user title, and this is an internet forum -- who cares?!

Seeing as how the new ownership here kind of sucks, I guess I won't be wasting my time here. I'm also sure a lot of people don't appreciate the mass e-mailing and the public displaying of their e-mail addresses, by the way.
It isn't crappy leadership.  It's just newbie leadership.

Personally, I'd love to take over.  But as you can see, there's a certain amount of "paranoia" going around here regarding me...

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 01:00:34 AM »
You can help, just give us some time to sort things out. I know Jose really bungled the site for a long time, but you don't have to worry now that I've access to things. If you don't like me, that can't be helped, but it shouldn't effect operation of the website. It's not like I should have to pretend to be someone I'm not just because I can make things happen. If nothing else I'm fair, and you will see my actions will back that statement up every step of the way.

This site isn't someone's baby anymore. You'll just have to get used to that. Tony dumped it, so it's up to the community to keep it alive, and I intend to see it is operated democratically and openly.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:03:08 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 01:04:09 AM »
You can help, just give us some time to sort things out. I know Jose really bungled the site for a long time, but you don't have to worry now that I've access to things. If you don't like me, that can't be helped, but it shouldn't effect operation of the website. It's not like I should have to pretend to be someone I'm not just because I can make things happen. If nothing else I'm fair, and you will see my actions will back that statement up every step of the way.
It's not that I don't like you.  It's just that Heat doesn't like you.  sweatdrop

Me personally, it's just easy for me to see that you're new at this sort of thing, and well, I wouldn't mind helping out a guy who's just getting hang of it.  I know I come off as strong, but...well.  Look at it this way:  I'm known as a complete dick at two other websites as well as in my office, but I still get da respek cause I try my best to lend them a hand.

Look on the bright side:  I ain't a dick in here.  smokin

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 01:26:55 AM »
I'm not inexperienced, I just intend to do my best to see this place is run differently than 9/10 social geek out boards -- which have a habit of getting really ugly and imploding, but mostly just being really unfair to too many users. Geeks can be really cruel when they're the majority  ninja
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:28:38 AM by yksehtniycul »

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 01:38:25 AM »
I'm not inexperienced, I just intend to do my best to see this place is run differently than 9/10 social geek out boards -- which have a habit of getting really ugly and imploding, but mostly just being really unfair to too many users. Geeks can be really cruel when they're the majority  ninja
Oh, duude...you haven't the faintest idea.   biggrin  Spill, one of the geekiest boards on the net.  Filled with assholes that are 10 different kinds of special.  One simple misquote, and saying you'll get crucified doesn't begin to cover.

However.  Spill is also the best community I've ever been on with it's leadership.  You see, "ugly boards"...are always the best boards.  I honestly don't know why...but they're very easy to manage.  No one ever breaks the rules over there, simply because they're way too afraid of the other members to do so. XD

It's ultimately up to you on how you wanna run the site.  Just be sure to give everyone some elbow room.  No one wants a dictatorship.  (In Spill's case...it's anarchy XD)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 09:56:03 AM »
See, I think we're gonna try to setup the board so no one has to be afraid of anyone. Short of literal spamming (wasting board resources) any affront will basically be toothless as long as it is ignored. If it isn't ignored, then it's safe to say the community is interested in it, so there must be a need for it to exist.

The problem is I really don't have time to run this bbs on the social front or inspire any kind of cohesion. That will be up to the moderators if anyone. I'm just pledging to handle technical matters or delegate the responsibilities to capable and willing parties.

Basically you can imagine the board rules as one big Megaten game. Talk to people at your own risk, as if they were devils possessing god only knows personalities. We're not gonna tell people how to be, and incidentally that'll probably be karma rule#1 for users as well.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:01:39 AM by yksehtniycul »

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 10:19:51 AM »
See, I think we're gonna try to setup the board so no one has to be afraid of anyone. Short of literal spamming (wasting board resources) any affront will basically be toothless as long as it is ignored. If it isn't ignored, then it's safe to say the community is interested in it, so there must be a need for it to exist.

The problem is I really don't have time to run this bbs on the social front or inspire any kind of cohesion. That will be up to the moderators if anyone. I'm just pledging to handle technical matters or delegate the responsibilities to capable and willing parties.

Basically you can imagine the board rules as one big Megaten game. Talk to people at your own risk, as if they were devils possessing god only knows personalities. We're not gonna tell people how to be, and incidentally that'll probably be karma rule#1 for users as well.
Dude.  Wrong attitude.

You're approaching this whole thing thinking all the members will automatically all be dicks, or spammers, or trouble makers.  Dude, those come once a blue moon.  All the big dicks and douchebags right now are way too busy playing Halo 3 and watching Nascar to care.  The internet...in a weird way, has become a more open-minded place...

Don't start preparing for some "surge" of annoying and mean cunt hairs.  Welcome everyone with open arms.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 10:25:40 AM »

Dude.  Wrong attitude.

You're approaching this whole thing thinking all the members will automatically all be dicks, or spammers, or trouble makers.  Dude, those come once a blue moon.  All the big dicks and douchebags right now are way too busy playing Halo 3 and watching Nascar to care.  The internet...in a weird way, has become a more open-minded place...

Don't start preparing for some "surge" of annoying and mean cunt hairs.  Welcome everyone with open arms.

Thats why rules exist. A rule doesn't "automatically" cast dispersions on random passer-bys.

PS: Ever even heard of the "Megaten Haven", turns out a haven it was not!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:37:57 AM by yksehtniycul »

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: