DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:29:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SMT 2 help (Read 21786 times)
Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « on: April 23, 2008, 02:48:33 AM »
Aloha...
I'm new to the forums so first of all greetings to everyone.
Now to my question regarding SMT 2. It's about the Majin locations in the game. I heard that there are special locations in the game where they appear, but I don't know the spots. Does anybody know? And what's with those Skull Bullets? They are the strongest bullets in the game, but I can't find/buy them anywhere?

Aleph has 35 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
The13thChyld phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 10:55:06 PM »
I've yet to bother tracking down the Majin, personally; so I can't offer direct assistance.

There is no comprehensive english resource for SMT2. Your best bet for this sort of information is to look through the various japanese guides until you find one that has what you need.

Life is like an illusion, like a dream waiting to be awakened.

The13thChyld has 41 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:19:37 AM »
Mmhhh.... but my Japanese, I play the fan-translated version.
Thank you anyway. By the way, if anybody has problems with
this game, I'll gladly help.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 12:34:07 AM by Aleph »

The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
 « Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 01:35:14 AM »
Quote from: Aleph;7458
Mmhhh.... but my Japanese, I play the fan-translated version.
Thank you anyway. By the way, if anybody has problems with
this game, I'll gladly help.

It's still your best bet. :]

To find the guides search the game title in japanese: "真・女神転生 2"  or "真・女神転生 II". No need for additional search terms. Typically you should get at least a few guides from the first couple of search pages alone. From there, use Google Translate.

EDIT:
First link from google search:
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/sss-3/shin2.html

Weapons and where to get them (bullets you wanted):
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/sss-3/shin2/shin2_sord.html

Majin page (Does not have locations. :/ ):
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/sss-3/shin2/shin2_majin.html

I've done a quick scan, and haven't come up with any Majin locations. If you want to try adding it into your search terms Majin is: "魔神".

« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 02:02:44 AM by The13thChyld »

Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 02:02:25 AM »
doh the google translator.
Thanks!

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 12:13:50 PM »
I could digout the locations for you, but it seems an odd thing to try to get them to appear. They appear on like one dungeon square with astronomical odds, and I don't think there is any good reason to run into them. Seems like a colossal waste of time.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 12:28:49 AM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;7463
I could digout the locations for you, but it seems an odd thing to try to get them to appear. They appear on like one dungeon square with astronomical odds, and I don't think there is any good reason to run into them. Seems like a colossal waste of time.

No need for that, but thanks anyway. It seems that there is some kind of secret dungeon, where they appear frequently, but I still don't know how to access it.
If you want more info go to:

For some poor translation use the Google translator:

http://www.google.com/translate_t

Now try to "retranslate" it from that weird English. It's described under the title "Kumgang world on the path to God".
Thanks to 13thChyld for that.

P.S. I think that you have to beat the game first to unlock the secret dungeon, but I'm not sure about that. I'm now on my 2nd playthrough. I'll let you know, when I've found out more.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:26:42 AM by Aleph »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 02:05:53 PM »
There is no second play thru unless you're talking about the playstation re-releases, which might've had bonus content, but I never heard of anything like that. I have a ps1 copy of SMT2, but it plays so slow off disc I didn't have the patience to play it again that way.

Is that really the most pertitent link into that site? I can translate it better than google if you give me a direct link, or copy paste something into the thread.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 02:08:23 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 02:13:20 PM »
Ah... do you want 魔人 rather than 魔神? That is something I dunno anything about really -- which I can recall. There were squares in the games though where the player encounters 魔神. Maybe 魔人 work the same way in SMT2.

I actually only have the SMT1 locations. I have a couple SMT2 guides, but I don't really know them like I do my other guides, cause I never got my hands on a good SMT2 guide. There might be 魔人 info in them, might not be.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 02:32:45 PM »
Majin page (Does not have locations. :/ ):
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/sss-3...in2_majin.html

Seems you encounter the majin at 金剛神界 (kongoushinkai?) and require at least 25 luck stat. Alice is pretty common and easily drops her weapon, but the others almost never drop and are less so.

I don't recall that area. Maybe someone else could elaborate. Isn't there a comprehensive SMT2 faq with all this info somewhere these days?

editted: Kongoushinkai kinda reminds me of the name of that place you end up in in SMT before the map changes to future tokyo.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 02:59:32 PM by yksehtniycul »

Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 10:05:23 AM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;7471
Seems you encounter the majin at 金剛神界 (kongoushinkai?) and require at least 25 luck stat. Alice is pretty common and easily drops her weapon, but the others almost never drop and are less so.

I don't recall that area. Maybe someone else could elaborate. Isn't there a comprehensive SMT2 faq with all this info somewhere these days?

editted: Kongoushinkai kinda reminds me of the name of that place you end up in in SMT before the map changes to future tokyo.

There is no English faq about it. Kongoushinkai is the secret dungeon. You are right about that 25 luck stat. But to enter that dungeon you also need 25 stats in int. mag. etc. That secret dungeon should be somewhere in Asakusa or Roppongi (I think). I'm pretty close to the point in the game where you should be able to enter that dungeon.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 10:13:03 AM by Aleph »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 06:44:45 PM »
I think I played SMT2 without any guide. I never encountered the Ma-jin, but I think I played it pretty damn comprehensively otherwise.

I always miss out on stuff that requires certain stat requirements (like the Lucifer Sword in kyuuyaku -- the LS might be in MT2 as well, never made it that far on the famicom)

PS: I know Re-miel cooked up a pretty damn comprehensive guide eventually. I think the SMT2 guide was hypertext though, so it might not be on gamefaqs. Maybe someone could link to it???

The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
 « Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 07:14:57 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul

You're thinking of Kongoukai (sp? maybe.), the names are certainly conspicuously similar. I've never seen this secret dungeon myself, and did not even know of its' existence before this. :/

There is no second play thru unless you're talking about the playstation re-releases

In SMT:If... the Akira path is only available upon having completed the game once before. It's been awhile, I don't recall if that used a clear save, or merely required the presence of an "end-game" save on the same cartridge?

(like the Lucifer Sword in kyuuyaku -- the LS might be in MT2 as well, never made it that far on the famicom)

I'm surprised! You should remedy that. :) I've never liked Kyuuyaku, I don't feel it measures up, especially where MT1 is concerned; I'll eventually play through each game in Kyuuyaku once, and then be happily done with it.
 As for guides, Aleph is correct. Remiel's guide is a translation guide, not so much a guide for the actual game, its' systems, or its' secrets. It is also incomplete.

I'm genuinely curious to see how this works out, do keep us informed Aleph~! ;)

Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 12:56:31 AM »
The secret dungeon does exist!
You must finish the game to access it. However, you don't have to play twice (I think). I actually beat the game and started from the beginning, but I think it should work this way too. After all, you have nothing to lose.
First of all, play the game until you beat Kurzuryuu. After that save your game on both slots. Leave one of those slots alone (don't overwrite it). Now proceed to Eden. You can save your game, but always on the same slot, don't touch the other one. Beat the game and watch the end credits. The game will "memorize" it. Now start your game from the other slot (the one after beating Kuzuryuu). Teleport to the Shinjuku terminal. Go outside. Now check the world map. Go a little bit right and then down. There should be this mutant guy. When you talk to him he'll ask you if you want to be teleported to the secret dungeon.
Inside the dungeon you'll probably have to level up in order to raise your stats and proceed deeper into the dungeon. Otherwise, some doors won't open. Do I need to say how great this place is to lvl. up your character?! Btw. Susano-o drops the Hinokagutsuchi (once in a blue Moon). There's also a place where you fight Majin Matador. You won't be able to access some parts of the dungeon until you change your alignment.

Have fun! keke

P.S. This works for the SFC version of the game. I don't know how it works for the PS version. Probably the same way.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:28:06 AM by Aleph »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 02:29:03 PM »
Sounds pretty funky???

Can you encounter the Majin otherwise within the normal game?

What is the motif of the dungeon just out of curiosity?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: