DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:20:04 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: playdate mailing list setup... (Read 6592 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: April 15, 2008, 02:51:33 AM »
I think this will function as a mailing list, though I'm not entirely sure just yet:

http://groups.google.com/group/dbdb_majordomo

Just send mail here:

dbdb_majordomo@googlegroups.com

And hopefully it will be broadcast to all subscribed mail addresses.

If you do use it however, try to avoid messages directed at individuals or a small clique of players. Email them personally instead when possible, or there might be applicable features at the website for more precise communication. Think of the mailing list as a fishing net, and try not to get everyone tangled up in it :)

We think this will work, because email is widely handled by instant notification clients of all stripes.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 03:42:26 PM »
Nice,never seen something like this used before.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 03:23:02 AM »
Here is some info from the running Terms of Use portion of hte mailing list....

THIS WRITEUP IS TEMPORARY

Mailing lists are an archaic form of communication. It's a bad idea to leave any room for the list to morph into a discussion forum. Mailing lists are not places for opinions period. So we really don't want to open up discussion to anything outside of in-game hookups or other extremely time sensitive information. The reason we're using a mailing list, is the robust ability to dispatch immediate notifications to any mail client agent. Be considerate of your fellow subscribers.

There are features to enable/disable notifications on a discussion by discussion basis which we're looking into. But for now please keep to advertising and handling party activities.

In short, no solicitation for advice, and no offering of advice for now. We may make a special discussion for this in the future, but you can better support the community by posting such matters in an IMAGINE web forum, such as the one at digitaldevildb.com or gamefaqs.com.

For now we're not even positive the mechanics of the Google Groups system. So please bear with us, and look here for further revelations, or add your own observations.

- You can create a discussion by mailing dbdb_majordomo@googlegroups.com, however it is not yet clear whether it is possible to add to a discussion from your mail client.

- Presumably if you mail dbdb_majordomo@googlegroups.com with a subject line matching an existing subject, your message might be appended to the discussion. Regardless please pay attention to your mail headers and the homesite listings for now :)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 03:25:36 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 12:29:40 PM »
Well one major drawback to googlegroups as a mailing list is you have to have a google identity or gmail address or whatever to use it (correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyone know of a third party two-way mailing list service? All I was able to find was coollist.com. Which paradoxically, is all things but cool :)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 12:32:13 PM by yksehtniycul »

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: