DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:36:46 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry (Read 7782 times)
desertgecko96

View Profile Email
desertgecko96
desertgecko96 phones it in,
 « on: April 13, 2008, 11:08:53 AM »
I owe you a lot  Micheal about 10k and 400k exp i have it and don't mind parting with it. Remember I waited from the day before to start the quest for golden to catch up then waited most of the day for Anyone from DB to be online Then I waited before asking for help... I didn't even know if anyone else was getting online that night. Sorry I  broke our promise. I ran offline because you effectively K.O-ed me with words. I might not play as much as before but I think I will still sign on. I wanted only to be closer to the same level as everyone else in DDDB at least level 30. So I could do quest with you guys and Ichi and not have to sit in the corner or not gain any exp from dieing over and over. I want my character to be stronger. I'm a magic user with Class2 Rank 5 on destruction magic I'm only half way to being decent. The quest were pushed really hard when I joined because I had not done any so I thought I need to hurry and do these. Sorry for breaking my promise and your trust. Its ok if you hate me.

desertgecko96 has 13 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 08:52:39 PM »
relax mon, there is only luv for y'all

--------------
editted: Yuri just had a bug up her ass for no reason. I don't really know the details. But she was just trying to impress the importance of doing Acts with a full party. Its very understandable to wanna get your DB license asap so to unlock the teleport feature and get your 7th nakama opening. I really don't know anything at all about what transpired, or how I could possibly be involved at all. If anyone owes anything, we owe you. So take it easy, and play whenever you feel like it. The worst thing you can do is burn yourself out and leave everyone hanging.

That said it is generally good etiquette for your party to be full up when doing Acts 9,10,11,12?,13,14?, and probably so on. Same rule in principal applies to 3,4, and 7. But it's understandible to wanna get those out of hte way asap, and the exp for these isn't really that much for mid-level players unless multiple party mates are doing it simultaneously.

Its just a game. Everyone levels up sooner or later anyhow. But you only get so many Acts to burn. So take your time and enjoy the game in the meantime. Acts lineup when they lineup, there's no reason to force or rush on them too much. If you do one a month that is fast for a lot of players.

Many of the Acts before were much more difficult, requiring full parties to complete. Btw, how did your solo portion of Act7 go? We're kinda wondering if it was really lightened up along with the others. It used to be really brutal.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:04:48 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 09:33:42 PM »
Since your concerns here are addressed so thoughtfully, I thought someone should give you some more tailored words.

Quote from: desertgecko96;7358
I owe you a lot  Micheal about 10k and 400k exp i have it and don't mind parting with it.

How do you figure this? I'm just curious what you're even thinking :)

Remember I waited from the day before to start the quest for golden to catch up then waited most of the day for Anyone from DB to be online Then I waited before asking for help... I didn't even know if anyone else was getting online that night.

Well, waiting is just part of the game. You shouldn't think of it as waiting anymore than you would expect to run into people you know randomly on the street. If you can't deal with casual interaction with players, you can use IM and other means to try to orchestrate things. In general in the MMORPG world afaik, things just happen when they do, there is no imperative to rush. If you wanna play just have goals you can do alone or in a smaller party when everyone isn't online simultaneously. I try to play about an hour a day on average when there isn't an insane exp event running every 20hrs.

Sorry I  broke our promise. I ran offline because you effectively K.O-ed me with words. I might not play as much as before but I think I will still sign on.

I think you're referring to Yuriko? I think she didn't realize you're so sensitive, maybe there is a language barrier as well. You definitely shouldn't take gameplay so personally :)

Your English is really fine btw, but maybe there were suddle misunderstandings.

I wanted only to be closer to the same level as everyone else in DDDB at least level 30.

It took us probably a year or less, I'm really not sure, but many many months of regular play to get to lv30. You don't have to be the same level to party with players. Levels don't even make a whole lot of difference in Imagine.

So I could do quest with you guys and Ichi and not have to sit in the corner or not gain any exp from dieing over and over.

Well, we needed you along for the extra treasure. But it really isn't a difficult room for your char, especially along side us. If you were having trouble in the room, it's probably a good room for you to practice gameplay. Where most players suffer in Imagine is not devoting enough attention to the gameplay. If you just try to grind and hack and slash your way thru it, it will kick your ass. Some players don't learn this until very late in the game, when they realize a level 20 player that knows how to play can handle themselves better than they can at lv40 or whatever. The ichigaya boss room is great practice for players accustomed to highly confined outnumbered spaces. In general you two need to get out and see the rest of the game. Study the mechanics, and explore the world. You can certainly easily do that with a friend or two.

I want my character to be stronger. I'm a magic user with Class2 Rank 5 on destruction magic I'm only half way to being decent.

Class2 Rank5 is higher than any of my skills :)

You just need to practice being effective with what you have. You should've been fine in Ichi. Are you even using the dodge skill? How does your nakama compliment your setup? As a mage do you know how to avoid drawing fire and assist others while they train the opponent demons etcetera?

Quartz is really a lv16-ish dungeon. You should try Ichi yourselves, and you should probably be running Silver dungeons with us, but we're all tied up with the anniversary event atm.

The quest were pushed really hard when I joined because I had not done any so I thought I need to hurry and do these. Sorry for breaking my promise and your trust. Its ok if you hate me.

At first its important to get yourself into the quest loop. A lot of players might try to play without doing any quests when faced with the prospect of playing a japanese game. By the time you get to Act4 though, you're thru that portion of the game, and you'll find plenty of players willing to help you when they are handy. But waiting on people to login at random or when you imagine they might is really not the way you wanna think about it.

I hope that helps.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:56:51 PM by yksehtniycul »

The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
The13thChyld phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 11:54:24 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;7364
Yuri just had a bug up her ass for no reason. I don't really know the details.

You've quite the mouth on you, considering. ;)

Quote from: yksehtniycul

I think you're referring to Yuriko? I think she didn't realize you're so sensitive, maybe there is a language barrier as well. You definitely shouldn't take gameplay so personally :)

This. It was never my intention to "bite your head off", though it seems that is how you interpreted it. It was a misunderstanding, it's fine, relax. :)

Life is like an illusion, like a dream waiting to be awakened.

The13thChyld has 41 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
desertgecko96

View Profile Email
desertgecko96
desertgecko96 phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 01:40:22 AM »
well I can laugh about it now but I will still try and get level 30 and class 5 in my magic soon well class 5 by middle of next month or at the end of next month... hmm I will start a thread to post my skills I have..

desertgecko96 has 13 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 04:23:32 AM »
After you've used up all your acts and still need more exp, you'll understand why it's important to share with others.

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: