DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:15:27 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII (Read 8607 times)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « on: November 21, 2005, 12:51:56 AM »
For me, the FF series basically died off but after reading a few reviews on the demo(ha, read yours too, Tony!) and watching the trailers, I'm slowly taking an interest to it.

I'm especially interested in the battle system. I never played FFXI(you have jobs and whatnot right?) nor Vagrant Story. Tony, in your review, you explain that you can move the camera? So is the camera in this game something like Nocturne where you can look around?

As for the music, I know it was a demo but how was it like? Good? Bad? I saw that the screens were in English so was the VAing in English as well?

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 12:32:19 AM »
Yeah, you use the right stick to control the camera like basically any action based video game or Dragon Quest VIII. It still is intelligent enough to move on its own, more or less.

The music was decent. I wasn't all that memorable and I have to say I wish it sounded a little better. Something about it felt very synthesized at points, but my memory of it is fuzzy.

I imagine in a demo they'd not even bother to go over them in English, particularly because the game isn't even completed in Japan. There wasn't any actual words or anything, but just some yells and grunts during battle. They sounded Japanese, but I doubt anyone would care lol.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 01:31:16 PM »
Haha, alright. Thanks for letting me know.^^ Though I figured since it was a short demo that they would at least record bits of English in there. XD That is, if they had any event scenes, which they didn't.

So far, I only heard music from the trailers and what was available at the official site. it actually sounds pretty good but I guess I can't really make a judgement on it since they're only a few samples.

The only thing that irks me is the characters designs(except for maybe Basch). They're attire seems to clash(ex: Ashe). That and well, I don't seem interested in the main character at all which is pretty much a bad thing since he'll most likely be in your party through-out the whole game.

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 12:14:02 AM »
Reviving this thread...apparently, it's been leaked on the net already. o_O; Anyone play it yet?

Actually, anyone know the exact release date? Some say Halloween while others say November 1st. D:

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 02:19:20 PM »
It came out October 31st. Some retail outlets won't sell it till November 1st... that happens with most games at certain stores, unfortunately.

I picked it up on Tuesday rather easily. Circuit City has it for $37.99 online, last I checked. Good deal.

My first thought is that I wish they'd use the infinitely more interesting Japanese logos for these games. A plain old FINAL FANTASY XII on the box just doesn't seem as cool.

Beyond that, I didn't have time to even get past the opening cinema stuff, so  cannot say much. I'm greatly looking forward to it though. This is the first new FF I've looked forward to in a very long time.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Sanna

View Profile Email
Sanna phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 07:45:19 AM »
I want to play it so bad ;_;. This my revive my love for the series (which slowy died since VIII).

Sanna has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: