DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:35:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 UK lack of availability (Read 11138 times)
Ashura Dakana

View Profile Email
Ashura Dakana phones it in,
 « on: March 24, 2008, 04:40:09 PM »
Hey

I didnt notice when it was first released, since i preordered my copy of persona 3 from Game (got the artbook ^_^), but ive noticed that no "mainstream" game store keep Persona 3 in stock. Ive looked in Game, Gamestation, HMV, and all the other places that games can be bought. We had both digital devil saga games in stores, Nocturne, and devil summoner, so why not persona 3? (and by the way, i just mean mainstream stores. im well aware that indipendant game stores stock it).

What the hell is going on?????? are the game stores trying to keep this gem of a game from the english public?

Ashura Dakana has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 07:16:42 PM »
It`s the same in my case, here in my country I only see like 2 or 3 copies of P3 and in a place that I had never imagined, luckily for me I already have my copy, which I bought on the US, and not just P3, but Avatar Tuner 1 too, I have never seen those Megaten games in here :( I guess the reason why, is because no one knows Megaten games in my country.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Vergil

View Profile Email
Vergil phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 12:27:59 PM »
Well i live in Europe where Persona 3 is not M rated like in US, but its for 12+.
and here it's really hard to get a copy of this game, especially that I don't live in UK!
Luckily I've found an online shop where they had like 2 copies of Persona!

Yay for me! :P

Vergil has 1 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Claudio

View Profile Email
Claudio phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 04:00:32 PM »
lol Vergil are you italian? anyway i find my copy because i  searched myself at gamestop( the clerks denied that they recevied the game and actually didn't search it.)

Claudio has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heart of Shadows

View Profile Email
Heart of Shadows phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 08:29:27 AM »
Lucky I preordered mine when i had 50 dollars left and nothing better to do with it. thought the game was gonna bomb hard but glad I bought it.

The comfort of death will come, for men and demons alike...by the guidance of the Great Will.

Heart of Shadows has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 01:50:03 PM »
I live in the UK but consider myself an import gamer - my friend bought it for me last year in September and I've not regretted it (NTSC games are superior in a few aspects although a little fuzzy sometimes). Thank eBay.

However, I've not seen P3 anywhere at all. Gamestation, Game, HMV, Zavvi (or Virgin or whatever it is), it's just nowhere to be seen. Is there a shortage or delay or something? It's getting a lot of media attention (EuroGamers gave it a whopping 9/10) but it's like it doesn't exist in retailers.

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Ashura Dakana

View Profile Email
Ashura Dakana phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 08:13:39 AM »
This is the big problem. its the first megaten game that was given a good place on websites (gamestation and game had it showing on the front page of their website. although avatar tuner 2 was also front page, it was near the bottom, while p3 was at the very top). It was also on the top games coming soon, something which no other megaten UK release has had. with all that, its just so stupid that its not out in shops. it cant be delivery, because i actually got my P3 copy on the thursday, a day before its official release.

Ashura Dakana has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
 « Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »
It's prolly got something to do with the death of the PS2, the next-gens are taking over blah blah. There's now a tiny section for PS2 games in most shops I've been into with all the ugly PS3 and 360 games taking up most of the shelf space. It's such a shame.

I've seen Odin Sphere everywhere though *shrug*

traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 07:28:23 PM »
I'm wondering if it has a higher demand than mainstream stores could've anticipated.
Also their is no death of the ps2 T_T

traci has 97 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
 « Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 07:34:26 PM »
You misunderstood my meaning.

the death of the PS2, the next-gens are taking over blah blah

I wasn't being serious : P

I see what you mean about people saying the PS2 is dead though. It's outselling the PS3 (although I think that will come to an end soon) at the moment and has bucket loads of games I'd have over the massively disappointing catalogue of PS3 games. It's got, what, three RPGs and Devil May Cry? Plus, DMC is on a much cheaper console anyway.

I've yet to play Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria, Odin Sphere and Rogue Galaxy.

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: